12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I take it as they're saying Obi-Wans suit will be dark brown, but the one they photographed for the blog is a suit for Clones, as the blog also mentions armies coming soon.

So Clones are coming soon?
No joke?
Sooo does this mean Stormtroopers and Vader are on their way too?
:chew

Actually, I take it as they're saying Obi-Wans suit will be dark brown, but the one they photographed for the blog is a suit for Clones, as the blog also mentions armies coming soon.

Hells yeah. More clone troopers. Hey, is anyone here getting the Ep2 Clone? It doesn't really seem like people are to interested in him. Or are people waiting for these clone troopers to come out??

Hells yeah. More clone troopers. Hey, is anyone here getting the Ep2 Clone? It doesn't really seem like people are to interested in him. Or are people waiting for these clone troopers to come out??

I'm waiting for the SSC version. I like the armor to be solid, not squishy. That was the biggest problem with the ROTS clone from Medicom, was just soft. Really took away the coolness of an "armored" trooper.

So Clones are coming soon?
No joke?
Sooo does this mean Stormtroopers and Vader are on their way?
:chew

Innevitably at some point. If you think about it though, Obi-Wan is a complet Clone Trooper minus a head and guns. Engineer the various guns and develop an AOTC and ROTS helmet and you can start cranking out PT troops.

Stormies have different armor so who knows how ready those armored pieces are yet, but clearly we can gauge they're coming, just when depends on timing to complete their design. Same for Vader.

I'm sure some things will also depend on how the price of Obi-Wan goes down. Depending on reaction, they may hit the drawing board after to try and change the price on future armored figures.

In that regard, Obi-Wan like this is a good way to dip their foot in the pool and sample the waters. If it's good, they'll dive in head first, if it's bad, they'll walk around the pool for a bit and try going in again when they're ready and feel the waters are more favorable.

I'm waiting for the SSC version. I like the armor to be solid, not squishy. That was the biggest problem with the ROTS clone from Medicom, was just soft. Really took away the coolness of an "armored" trooper.

What'd we say awhile ago Josh, hard armor like HT, we called it dude :duff

What'd we say awhile ago Josh, hard armor like HT, we called it dude :duff

:rock I remember that conversation. It just made sense for SSC to go that route. The figures will look better, damage can be painted and blast marks gouged into the armor... most of all... it will "feel" like an armored figure should feel. badass.

:rock I remember that conversation. It just made sense for SSC to go that route. The figures will look better, damage can be painted and blast marks gouged into the armor... most of all... it will "feel" like an armored figure should feel. badass.

Exactly, getting this figure in hand's going to feel like picking up Hicks the first time I got him assembled fully, like he's able to go into 1/6 battle and take a beating. I'm sure Obi-Wan will be done "clean" but it is promising that in say a Clone 3-pack like the Endor troops, there will be variation of damage done to their armor :rock

Exactly, getting this figure in hand's going to feel like picking up Hicks the first time I got him assembled fully, like he's able to go into 1/6 battle and take a beating. I'm sure Obi-Wan will be done "clean" but it is promising that in say a Clone 3-pack like the Endor troops, there will be variation of damage done to their armor :rock

Oh, I can't wait! I'll probably ding up my Obi a bit. :D

But I remember getting Hicks put together and how cool it felt to have that in my hand, the armor plates all fully realized and solid. :rock

Damn, so I'm guessing that no one is ordering the new Medicom trooper then??

There's several things happening with that situation. SS charges a higher price than most other etailers, so why not buy it somewhere else? The fact that it doesn't come with the proper long rifle has really ticked off a lot of people. What's possibly the biggest factor is that this same clone will later come with all four color stripes and then made into two colors of ARC troopers, so everyone is saving their money for their favorite color.

There's several things happening with that situation. SS charges a higher price than most other etailers, so why not buy it somewhere else? The fact that it doesn't come with the proper long rifle has really ticked off a lot of people. What's possibly the biggest factor is that this same clone will later come with all four color stripes and then made into two colors of ARC troopers, so everyone is saving their money for their favorite color.

Yellow!!:monkey3:peace

Back