12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats no good, there weren't any actors in these suits anyway :lol

But I think you're right, that armor doesn't exactly lend its self to street dance competitions.

Well thats no good, there weren't any actors in these suits anyway :lol

But I think you're right, that armor doesn't exactly lend its self to street dance competitions.

Are you sure? I would think Morrison and some extras would have had to been in the suit for at least a few shots. Lucas can't green screen everything... yet.

Anyone notice that they put a black under suit in the production blog even though they said Obi's would be dark brown? It looks striped like Vader's. Could be a hint of things to come.

Were's HT's market then?

Here
300px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

and anywhere else there is money.

Are you sure? I would think Morrison and some extras would have had to been in the suit for at least a few shots. Lucas can't green screen everything... yet.

I think they inserted Morrison's head on top of a CGI clone any time you saw one of them without a helmet. And Lucasfilm never developed an actual wearable suit of Clone armor.

I hope it's black and NOT dark brown. Yeah I guees it;'s accurate to the cartoon, but so would huge eyes. The black make more sense as he was just wearing regular Clone Trooper gear, and nothing specially made since Obi's roughly the same height and build of Jango. Just my thoughts though. Still can't for this one! I think he's quickly become my most anticipated figure of the year! Right up there with the Anakin PF!

You wouldn't want him to have a wearable helmet, since it would likely have to be out of scale with future clone warriors to fit over the head. It might be nice to have it just to hold, but I think we can do without it.

You wouldn't want him to have a wearable helmet, since it would likely have to be out of scale with future clone warriors to fit over the head. It might be nice to have it just to hold, but I think we can do without it.

Yeah, but an alternate head would be cool. One with his head as shown and another that is helmeted!!

I think the coolest thing about this figure is that it's not a trooper. Not knocking fans of the boys in white, but I've never been interested. Jedi in armor though...

Sideshow has found a way to make me give a damn about armor, a feat greater than creating the armor itself. :lecture

Perhaps if he did come with a helmet (which I know he doesn't), they could put a lance in there too...

Then make Durge...That'd be cool...

People always jump the gun when judging new product. The word prototype obviously lost its meaning on this forum.

In a way, yes they have, but rightly so. ROTS Obi-Wan was like the 4th or 5th figure in the line, 2 years ago, and things have gotten more consistent back then.

ANH Leia came out as good as her Prototype paint apps, Bespin Luke came out better than his Prototype paint apps, ANH Ben came out as good as his Prototype paint apps, and Sidious and Palpatine came out very nice as well.

Sideshow has been growing consistently well with their 1/6 paints apps over the last half dozen or so figures, and collector's are actually coming to a point where they can expect what they see in the Prototype.

The only thing I forseee being different on a Production unit of this figure is the beard will most likely not be so subtle, other than that, I'm confident the figure will look as we see it now.

I hope it's black and NOT dark brown. Yeah I guees it;'s accurate to the cartoon, but so would huge eyes. The black make more sense as he was just wearing regular Clone Trooper gear

Were Obi-Wan in straight up Clone gear, I think that would be a valid argument, but since he also magically has this new Jedi cape and vest around the armor, that suggests it's full on custom gear. Plus, having brown instead of black would further separate him on the battle field so as to get more protection from other Clone and not be mistaken as any old trooper whose life doesn't mean much.

OH MY GOD
This is the best day ever
I meet this girl for a drink that i meet when i was realy drunk and she was still hot and now the figure i have wonted since watching clone wars has come out out the blue.

Its been a great day :chew :chew :chew

Plus seeing that ssc has been working with hot toys i see a new base body coming 4 shore

i hate the buck :emperor

OH MY GOD
This is the best day ever
I meet this girl for a drink that i meet when i was realy drunk and she was still hot and now the figure i have wonted since watching clone wars has come out out the blue.

Its been a great day :chew :chew :chew

Plus seeing that ssc has been working with hot toys i see a new base body coming 4 shore

i hate the buck :emperor

I know what you mean...

I've wanted this figure too, plus I got into University...

Could February 18th be the best day ever???

Plus it was President's day too was it not?

IMG_0081.jpg

2117_press04-001.jpg

People always jump the gun when judging new product. The word prototype obviously lost its meaning on this forum.

I am going to have to agree, and this comparison shot illustrates the point very clearly. ( i also think this old proto is a better likeness than this clone armor one)

Its great to be excited about a new type of figure, but all these people making 'victory claims' over competition and 'ownage of haters' need to understand one figure doesnt make or break a line. Could be a sign of things to come, yes, but this has not even come out yet.

By the looks of this thread, I thought it was the second coming. This is a great looking prototype, but its not Jesus in 1/6 format. If you put it too high on a pedestal, you will end up disappointing yourself.

Back