12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's several things happening with that situation. SS charges a higher price than most other etailers, so why not buy it somewhere else? The fact that it doesn't come with the proper long rifle has really ticked off a lot of people. What's possibly the biggest factor is that this same clone will later come with all four color stripes and then made into two colors of ARC troopers, so everyone is saving their money for their favorite color.

Indeed. I think Obi-Wan is somewhat showing up the AOTC Clone because Obi-Wan is a great representation of the source, where the Medi Trooper, by not including the proper gun, is a lackluster representation, coupled with a high likelihood of alternately painted versions coming, makes it lose some appeal.

I like the white.... gives me "options".

If anyone wants one upgraded to color town... let me know. I may dislike the soft armor, but I don't mind painting it for some experience and extra coin. :lol

Hi guys. I'm really excited about this figure, but when i heard HT is collaborating with SS, i had to swallow a huge gulp. I think we can officially kiss the good old days of $60 figures goodbye. I reckon he's going to cost at least upwards of $130 :monkey2

When Medicom makes these they will sell and i'll buy one.(no white for me)

clonetrooper4packcolouredbattledamage.jpg

Randy_S, you are talking about the Medicom clones coming in different colors, or the new ones SSC will be putting out coming in different colors? Or both even?

I'm referring to the Medicom clones. Some of us heard about the upcoming multi-color releases about a month ago, and nearly everyone decided to wait for their favorite color. I don't think SS will be making clone troopers until Medicom has sold out of all their stock, they won't put out the same figures concurrently. Plus I think both companies are trying to have a few figures out the same time as The Clone Wars are showing.

Wow, in the preview pics, the brown undersuit looked like plastic to me. The blog shows it is a vinyal type material. The one in the blog also looks black so real Clones may be closer than we think! I was worried at first that the articulation would be limited due to the plastic undersuit, but now I don't think there will be any articulation problems. :chew

It says in the production blog that the black suit is for the upcoming clones and that Obi's suit will be dark brown. That means that troopers are very close to coming out!! :chew

Wow, in the preview pics, the brown undersuit looked like plastic to me. The blog shows it is a vinyal type material. The one in the blog also looks black so real Clones may be closer than we think! I was worried at first that the articulation would be limited due to the plastic undersuit, but now I don't think there will be any articulation problems.

No, the articulation will be limited by the lower torso armor piece.

Hi guys. I'm really excited about this figure, but when i heard HT is collaborating with SS, i had to swallow a huge gulp. I think we can officially kiss the good old days of $60 figures goodbye. I reckon he's going to cost at least upwards of $130 :monkey2

They won't do that. They know that many of their customers buy from them because of their low price point so they won't bring it up that high. Also--remember that the bodies being used for Frodo and Sam were also a new collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys, and while they are smaller, they're pretty elaborate and only cost $70.

I like that Sideshow is keeping articulation in the front of their mind. I would hate to get a super cool figure like this that can only stand and raise his arms up slightly. I know there will be some restriction, due to the design of the armor, but I'm very excited to see how this works out.

I'd love for them to do some kind of poseability demonstration.

I like that Sideshow is keeping articulation in the front of their mind. I would hate to get a super cool figure like this that can only stand and raise his arms up slightly. I know there will be some restriction, due to the design of the armor, but I'm very excited to see how this works out.

I'd love for them to do some kind of poseability demonstration.

I think the figure is only going to be as restricted as any actor was in the armor. The reason Stormtroopers were such claudes was because they could barely move :lol

Back