12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it crazy if I want 3 Obi's. Cause for some reason I really do. And I don't even have any SW figures yet, but he looks so cool and I think he could be made up so many different ways. Damn, Josh, you're gonna be a busy boy in Q3 my man!!

Yes, that's crazy. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to armored figures. I'm sure we'll get all kinds of great stuff.

obis.jpg

I'd wager, since I, a nobody to LFL, have this promo image and many others in high resolution, they were also in Trev's hands and a strong basis for the look to his beard and hair. What I love about the sculpt is his face has a stern, focused look, yet is still pretty neutral overall, a trait I love about Trev's sculpt work, he gives his portraits subtle life while keeping the overall neutral, a beautiful balance.

Damn, lighten the hair a bit and that is almost dead on.

yeah the dark hair and burrowed forehead make it look off a bit,but it's still a very good sculpt.

I don't get it? I am no artist. Well at least not the caliber as Les or Josh. I still don't see Ewan at all. So I pulled my wife in the room. I needed back up before I posted what is sure to be labeled an insane comment. Still I don't see it. This is Obi Wan don't get me wrong. 100% badassery figure wise. It just doesn't look like Ewan to me. The only explanation I can come up with is that it is longer than his face and is much more wrinkled. Old Obi looks dead on to me. I don't know. Sorry guys! I still love the figure! I just don't see the actor.

It needs to be compared to a tense looking McGregor pic, not serene Jedi look.

Yeah, that's exactly it, the tense sculpt makes it look off when compare to that pic...also the hair does seem a bit too dark.

Yeah, that's exactly it, the tense sculpt makes it look off when compare to that pic...also the hair does seem a bit too dark.

Trouble is, he really isn't that intense in any promo picture, especially not ones featuring the same hairstyle, but it does throw off the likeness for some I'm sure that his eyes aren't in a relaxed position.

Here's my attempt to alter hair color.

obis1.jpg

Trouble is, he really isn't that intense in any promo picture, especially not ones featuring the same hairstyle, but it does throw off the likeness for some I'm sure that his eyes aren't in a relaxed position.

obis1.jpg

Looks better but look at the size of the face. I think this is where it is getting me. I think the sculpt is somehow elongated. Dont know if I spelled that right? :lol

Also on the sculpt the features seem to be so drastic. It makes him look older.

obis1.jpg

Do you have a similar comparision of the ROTS Obi and that figure?

Damn when I really try to look at parts it is all matching up. Maybe it is the color of the eyes. Can you lighten them up? I am just not seeing something and damnit I love this figure. I am curious now as to what I am obviously sensitive too.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, as CW Obi-Wan is about 2 years older than AOTC Obi-Wan and more battle-weary.

I understand that. However weary or not this was an attempt at an Ewan sculpt. I just don't see it that much. I see it in form at some parts. I just wouldn't look at this and say Ewan! I am just trying to figure out in my eyes what I am seeing and why I personally don't see it. :eek:

I've noticed that the way they photograph these hand painted pieces tends to give them an overly dramatic look sometimes. Just like the Indy sculpt, if we saw the raw McGregor sculpt I'm sure everyone would think it's dead on.

Dear Lord people!!! Its a friggin' toy!!! Put away the calipers and accept it as a great figure!!
print out a 1 1/2" picture and tape it to your ROTS obi wan and thats how it will look!

Back