12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed that the way they photograph these hand painted pieces tends to give them an overly dramatic look sometimes. Just like the Indy sculpt, if we saw the raw McGregor sculpt I'm sure everyone would think it's dead on.

Oh it's there. Maybe it is the eyebrow arch. Plus look at the eyes. There is no white at the bottom in the paint of the sculpt. All I know is something throws it off for me. Still a badass figure and I have no problem paying for it.

Dear Lord people!!! Its a friggin' toy!!! Put away the calipers and accept it as a great figure!!
print out a 1 1/2" picture and tape it to your ROTS obi wan and thats how it will look!

Oh Anzik we have a peaceful conversation here with no mal intent. :lol Just working things out. Everyting is ok. Go check on CF she may need your help. :monkey3

Ok here's the latest. I think most people in this thread know I've been in love with this HS and paint apps since the figure previewed, I'm just doing all this as a fun excercise, I need some mental distraction right now.

obis2.jpg

I'm just ball busting Badmoon, it amusing to watch Sideshow OCD in action!

The nose is completely accurate as are the proportions. The angle to the eyes are due to the tensing of the brow. I suggest you take a self portrait with a 'normal' expression and then a 'concerned' expression and you will see the same effect. I will guarantee that the fist images of repaints by either Mikey, Les or Josh will have everyone crapping their pants.

I'm just ball busting Badmoon, it amusing to watch Sideshow OCD in action!

The nose is completely accurate as are the proportions. The angle to the eyes are due to the tensing of the brow. I suggest you take a self portrait with a 'normal' expression and then a 'concerned' expression and you will see the same effect. I will guarantee that the fist images of repaints by either Mikey, Les or Josh will have everyone crapping their pants.

I totally agree I think. I am just not artistic enough to see it. However, Maul
fans recent contributions is making it look easy.

Ok here's the latest. I think most people in this thread know I've been in love with this HS and paint apps since the figure previewed, I'm just doing all this as a fun excercise, I need some mental distraction right now.

obis2.jpg

Got it! Maul if you can take away the buldge from the left eye. Yes his left not yours. LOL! Then remove all the lines on the right eye.

I would imagine that he is somewhat intentionally meant to look exactly like an AOTC Obi Wan... he's already a bit older, wiser and battle hardened. I should think that would make him different.

Also, like was said before you have a fairly high-resolution shot of the figure compared to a fuzzy one of the actor.

Forget the paint. From any of the wide shots, you can instantly tell it's Ewan. This is another fantastic sculpt by Trevor.

It seems that a lot of the sculpts that SSC does before paint look amazingly like the subject they are trying to capture, but as soon as paint goes on, the resemblance is lost. Whats' up with that??

Try painting and you will find out. ;)

But I agree that some of the color choices and eyebrow thicknesses have been a bit perplexing.

It really comes down to paint application... You can take this shot as an example. The sculpt usually loses a tiny bit of detail in the molding process and then the painters in China do a bit of a paint by numbers with very thick paint and voila... likeness is gone. But with time and ingenuity, the likeness can be saved... just like this...

2117_press04-001.jpg

152120959O968270565.jpg

:rotfl:lol

I can honestly say that this sculpt is dead on... And I promise everyone that once I have it, I can prove that fact to everyone. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back