Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got a question for you all. I'm looking to frame my Avengers print for cheap. Not a stout, but the one from Gallery 1988. It is a 24x36. The only thing is I have never framed anything in my life. Do I buy a 24x36 frame? Do I need to matte it and get a bigger frame? Also the big thing I am worried about is how the hell do you secure the print to the backing with out it being a permanent solution? I'm going cheap on this because I am about to have my Evangelion print be framed.

So I got a question for you all. I'm looking to frame my Avengers print for cheap. Not a stout, but the one from Gallery 1988. It is a 24x36. The only thing is I have never framed anything in my life. Do I buy a 24x36 frame? Do I need to matte it and get a bigger frame? Also the big thing I am worried about is how the hell do you secure the print to the backing with out it being a permanent solution? I'm going cheap on this because I am about to have my Evangelion print be framed.

I've been to Hobby Lobby many a time to get a 50% off 24x36 frame (Runs from $25-$30). You should be fine with that. I'm not talking about plastic poster frames either... I'm talking about wood frames with glass. The type you have to screw in hooks on the side to hang. You could go matted, but then you're looking at a custom job, and now your framing has quadrupled in price, or more.

As long as you keep the poster in a climate controlled environment and out of direct sunlight, you should be fine. The backings to cheap frames are usually those metal tabs that give you blisters if you don't use a tool to open them. Those will keep the backing and the poster flat.

You’ll get a shot at some artist copies of Ken Taylor’s Jurassic Park poster tomorrow. It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 46, and will cost $65. The variant has an AP edition of 40 and will cost $90. They go up tomorrow (Wednesday, February 6th) at 2pm Central Time. Visit Postersandtoys.com.

You’ll get a shot at some artist copies of Ken Taylor’s Jurassic Park poster tomorrow. It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 46, and will cost $65. The variant has an AP edition of 40 and will cost $90. They go up tomorrow (Wednesday, February 6th) at 2pm Central Time. Visit Postersandtoys.com.

That's 4pm est?

I got my ET Poster today, and with it came a crying Frankenstein... Sticker? I'm not sure.

My ET came today too

Still waiting for my ET. Tracking info still says the same crap since I first got the notice...The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 02, 2013 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I've been to Hobby Lobby many a time to get a 50% off 24x36 frame (Runs from $25-$30). You should be fine with that. I'm not talking about plastic poster frames either... I'm talking about wood frames with glass. The type you have to screw in hooks on the side to hang. You could go matted, but then you're looking at a custom job, and now your framing has quadrupled in price, or more.

As long as you keep the poster in a climate controlled environment and out of direct sunlight, you should be fine. The backings to cheap frames are usually those metal tabs that give you blisters if you don't use a tool to open them. Those will keep the backing and the poster flat.

Thanks! I will go check them out this weekend when I get some time.

Back