Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their vinyls are definitley not as limited as the prints. Hence why The Raid vinyl is still up for sale. They don't ever give a number though, but I'm guessing its in the thousands since retail stores do get some as well. Also would a Stout Return of the Jedi be a good trade for my Horkey TWBB? I have not seen the stout Star Wars prints in person so I'm not too sure.

Their vinyls are definitley not as limited as the prints. Hence why The Raid vinyl is still up for sale. They don't ever give a number though, but I'm guessing its in the thousands since retail stores do get some as well. Also would a Stout Return of the Jedi be a good trade for my Horkey TWBB? I have not seen the stout Star Wars prints in person so I'm not too sure.

In the end, it has to be what you feel is worth it. If it's always about equal dollar trade, you may not get what you want. Just thinking about the prints themselves. Would you be happy having the Jedi print, and not the TWBB? That's what you need to ask yourself. As long as the value isn't several hundreds off, you should be good. :D

Last edited:
In the end, it has to be what you feel is worth it. If it's always about equal dollar trade, you may not get what you want. Just thinking about the prints themselves. Would you be happy having the Jedi print, and not the TWBB? That's what you need to ask yourself. As long as the value isn't several hundreds off, you should be good. :D

I get what your saying and I totally agree. From the looks online it looks amazing, but I'm not so sure about the green in person. Someone should just offer me LTROI and then I wouldn't have to debate on this :lol

Yeah I think they look like ***. I can't believe artists like Shaw and this guy gets to work for Mondo yet many artists that have much more talent don't get to. Its unfortunate.

I'm not familiar with a lot of the films that Jay Shaw does artwork for, but I think he's a talented artist. I have his Nightmare on Elm Street poster, which I think is a very creative design and quite nicely done. I'm also pretty impressed with his work for The Fly, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Mummy to name a few of the pieces from films that I've actually seen.

You know how you're full of crap and pull things out of your butt? Neither of those posters are by Jay Shaw.

He didn't say they were. Ink was just going off what Duck said:

Yeah I think they look like ***. I can't believe artists like Shaw and this guy gets to work for Mondo yet many artists that have much more talent don't get to. Its unfortunate.

He didn't say they were. Ink was just going off what Duck said:

Ah ha. Either or, I think some of the Jay Shaw mudslinging around that is quite unwarranted. A lot of people around here seem to be of the opinion that if they don't like it it must be ****, and that really pisses me off.

Ah ha. Either or, I think some of the Jay Shaw mudslinging around that is quite unwarranted. A lot of people around here seem to be of the opinion that if they don't like it it must be ****, and that really pisses me off.

Then just ignore it, life's too short. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I personally think that Stout's work is cluttered, over-hyped crap but he's probably THE most popular artist in their stable. To each his own.

Then just ignore it, life's too short. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I personally think that Stout's work is cluttered, over-hyped crap but he's probably THE most popular artist in their stable. To each his own.

I hear ya, but sadly, if life was short enough we wouldn't be on this board or into these hobbies. We celebrate the hobbies, so it's not surprising that people can get on our nerves.

Some lovely pics were posted on the Mondo Blog yesterday. There are more than just these in the link.

https://blog.mondotees.com/2013/05/29/now-shipping-iron-man-3-by-phantom-city-creative-and-martin-ansin/

iron-pcc-blog3.jpg

iron-pcc-blog5.jpg

ironreg-blog1.jpg

ironreg-blog7.jpg

ironreg-blog9.jpg

ironvar-blog2.jpg

ironvar-blog6.jpg

ironvar-blog7.jpg

Back