Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, just went to the Mondo site and seen the Superman was in stock and got one! First time I've ever been able to actually get a poster from their website and not ebay.

Cool, just went to the Mondo site and seen the Superman was in stock and got one! First time I've ever been able to actually get a poster from their website and not ebay.

It'll be instock all weekend. Its a timed release which is great for people who like the print. Ansins work is amazing!

They really need to put up a span of time.

"Random release between 12-2 pm est" or something like that.

I don't mind it being a limited run, but they do need to maintain better control on when they post these posters up. They just do it whenever they want and it inconveniences every one of their customers.

But as long as they get the product and they keep selling out I guess this will continue.

They really need to put up a span of time.

"Random release between 12-2 pm est" or something like that.

I don't mind it being a limited run, but they do need to maintain better control on when they post these posters up. They just do it whenever they want and it inconveniences every one of their customers.

But as long as they get the product and they keep selling out I guess this will continue.

If they gave an estimate time like that these posters would be even harder to get. That means more people would be bogging down the servers f5ing for two hours. But really most of them really aren't too much of a random time. For the most part the posters release in the morning from my expeirence around 10-noon maybe a tad earlier, todays metal being an exception.

I scored a metal one.. The wait was brutal and I had to still be productive work wise which was a trip. It probably dropped around 2:30cst pm

The 2 Stout Drive posters were also $300 retail.. Passed on that in favor of the Stout Django Unchained on Wood..thought it went better together.

Man of Steel printed on steel is perfect. I think this is also the first metal release for Martin Ansin.

I had it in my cart, twice. first time it said sold out, then I checked again and it was available. Then I tried again, got to processing, only to get the error message.

That's because they do not release all the prints at once. They only put up a percentage of them, to be sure they don't oversell. Once that is worked out, they release the rest. Therefore, in stock, sold out, in stock.

We know they keep 5 or so for the "archives".. plus Ansin gets some to sell .. they must be taking a good chunk to SDCC for giveaways.. which means they had around 90 to sell.

The new method to this may be to refresh non stop.. see it.. and then wait a few seconds before trying

We know they keep 5 or so for the "archives".. plus Ansin gets some to sell .. they must be taking a good chunk to SDCC for giveaways.. which means they had around 90 to sell.

The new method to this may be to refresh non stop.. see it.. and then wait a few seconds before trying

Do we know for sure Ansin is getting some metals to sell? I just don't see them taking these to SDCC. paper is much easier to travel with. I'm sure it would be a pain in the *** to drag a bunch of metal sheets to SDCC.

For the wow factor it would be worth it. There are also rumors of ansin taxi driver being saved too.

Haven't heard confirmation on ansin having part of the run or separate artist proof versions

It's weird that they say their stuff is super limited because of the contracts they sign with the studios and they don't have any choice in the matter. But on the BIG releases they have big edition sizes. . .

I'm not sure whether to call BS on their justification or if the studios do grant them a bigger edition size on the big movies. I remember the Avengers posters were still really limited, but with this one and the TDKR one . . . who knows.

It's weird that they say their stuff is super limited because of the contracts they sign with the studios and they don't have any choice in the matter. But on the BIG releases they have big edition sizes. . .

I'm not sure whether to call BS on their justification or if the studios do grant them a bigger edition size on the big movies. I remember the Avengers posters were still really limited, but with this one and the TDKR one . . . who knows.

To be fair, though, it's not like there aren't limited options. One out of the four was a timed release, while the rest were, honestly, super-limited. As for TDKR, I'd say that was the same. The Jock print was limited, as was the Moss variant, and the Jock variant wasn't even available to buy outside of Jock's own AP editions.

I call BS, why on earth does a Studio care? They should want as many released as possible.

To be fair, though, it's not like there aren't limited options. One out of the four was a timed release, while the rest were, honestly, super-limited. As for TDKR, I'd say that was the same. The Jock print was limited, as was the Moss variant, and the Jock variant wasn't even available to buy outside of Jock's own AP editions.
I was very pleased to win a Jock variant at SDCC. I got lucky. It currently adorns my living room.

If it were up to me, there would be a 1 hour timed release. This way, the print is still more valuable if people couldn't get it in an hour. The numbers should be based on those sales and not whatever they set. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about prints I want that I may not get.

If it were up to me, there would be a 1 hour timed release. This way, the print is still more valuable if people couldn't get it in an hour. The numbers should be based on those sales and not whatever they set. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about prints I want that I may not get.

I would do the same thing. It would also take the strain off the servers

I was very pleased to win a Jock variant at SDCC. I got lucky. It currently adorns my living room.

You were very lucky. Someday, if you ever decide to let it go for an ungodly amount (just make sure to wait a while:lol), you know who to call (other than the Ghostbusters). Seriously, though, that's just an absolutely gorgeous piece, and congrats on owning it. Have you seen MOS yet/got the Ansin poster? I bet they'd look damn good together.

This would be the best thing for Mondo. Just think how much money they could truly make if these weren't so limited? Plus I would be able to get everything I wanted :lol

You were very lucky. Someday, if you ever decide to let it go for an ungodly amount (just make sure to wait a while:lol), you know who to call (other than the Ghostbusters). Seriously, though, that's just an absolutely gorgeous piece, and congrats on owning it. Have you seen MOS yet/got the Ansin poster? I bet they'd look damn good together.
I was able to get the Ansin Man of Steel. Would've loved the Steel version, but yeah, that didn't happen.

Back