ALAN WAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man looks so awesom. I gotta pinch myself cuz I still cant believe that this is coming out! The only thing that I want Remedy to do now is finish Max Payne 3. The new bald version looks crappy :( May 18th here we come!

Looks great, but I don't see the Heavy Rain connection, except it having a strong narrative and good graphics.

The game Heavy Rain wanted to be. Looks well worth the wait.

heavy rain was a very unique cinematic experience.
best interactive story driven game I have played in years.
totally different from this game.

looks good but heavy rain was an amazing thrill ride.
I will be playing Alan wake now that I have a 360 so I will compare them both.
graphics and mood look great.
like heavy rain this will be worth renting.
I will buy heavy Rain once it comes down to 20 bucs.

I too don't see a connection to Heavy Rain either. Heavy Rain was a great surprise to me and I did love it. However this looks to have more actual gameplay and the atmosphere in this looks very interesting.

I don't see how you can compare the two. The gameplay is vastly different between them. Same with the stories.

Alan Wake is NOT a Heavy Rain wannabe.

Heavy Rain is NOT a Alan Wake wannabe.

So if you're going to compare... don't. It will save you some trouble. :D

Last edited:
No one is comparing them. I simply said it's the game Heavy Rain wanted to be. A story first, cinematic thriller set in a dark brooding atmosphere with top notch graphics that you can actually play, not just respond. I remember a while back reading an interview with Quantic Dream about how the gameplay for Heavy Rain is limited because of all the power behind the graphics. Yet in the end they are no more impressive than this or many other games available, and the gameplay didn't add any sense of immersion into the world. So it was sacrificed for nothing.

No one is comparing them. I simply said it's the game Heavy Rain wanted to be. A story first, cinematic thriller set in a dark brooding atmosphere with top notch graphics that you can actually play, not just respond. I remember a while back reading an interview with Quantic Dream about how the gameplay for Heavy Rain is limited because of all the power behind the graphics. Yet in the end they are no more impressive than this or many other games available, and the gameplay didn't add any sense of immersion into the world. So it was sacrificed for nothing.

I agree with what you said, it just seems unfortunate that everyone wants to jump on the console Vs and argue about the differences. Both games are providing unique story delivery, both games are pushing the next-gen graphics to a new level. Similarities end there.

If anything, I would expect more comparisons to Silent Hill with Alan Wake or the like

Anyone ever play Siren? Best niche game ever for those that love psychological horror....but very different than Alan Wake from the look

If anything, I would expect more comparisons to Silent Hill with Alan Wake or the like

Anyone ever play Siren? Best niche game ever for those that love psychological horror....but very different than Alan Wake from the look

I played the demo for Siren but then forgot about it....is it a good game?

I played the demo for Siren but then forgot about it....is it a good game?

I thought so.....it is a very, very frustrating game at times, and there is a cheat: you play each level twice, but with a different character and different goals.

The story, however, made it golden for me. If you are a very patient gamer, I highly recommend it

I thought so.....it is a very, very frustrating game at times, and there is a cheat: you play each level twice, but with a different character and different goals.

The story, however, made it golden for me. If you are a very patient gamer, I highly recommend it

I have these all downloaded on the PS3 and always forget about them. I should play these. :eek:

But can you shake a carton of orange juice in Alan Wake or its other non-Heavy Rain contemporaries? NO.

:D

Back