Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Kotaku reviews. They gave alien isolation a big yes. No score, just a yes or no to should you play this game?

I couldn't care less about professional gaming reviews anymore. I hold user reviews, and even YouTube reviewers like Angry Joe in much higher regard than the likes of IGN.

Total biscuit is always a good one, and to be fair, he is saying this is one of the better cod titles of recent times. It does look to have decent pc options which is something at least, but 9.1, near perfect? The problem with IGN is that they mark every call of duty the same, even the truley horrible ghosts! And the rate games that aren't simple minded like Alien Isolation at a 5!? They have no consistency at all in their scores and therefor they can't be trusted. I listen to a few youtubers and look at the steam reviews ect from real people.

I just beat Crew Expendable. It was... okay.

It was nice to be part of the Nostromo crew for a bit, but it definitely felt like a throwaway mission. Which was slightly unexpected, since I figured the mission would be something special, to get the original cast back. Turns out having the original cast was really the only thing special about it.

Tnx. I will visit Sevastopol a second time for sure. But for now my little free time is back to the occasionaly bf4 while waiting for GTA5.

I've been taking advantage of the BF4 double XP event as well. :duff

As far as Alien goes, I didn't realize how long this game is. :thud: According to the walk through I looked at, I'm only on the 5th mission of 19. :slap Don't see myself beating this game before GTAV is released for PS4.

Aaaaaand I just bought it and was planning on playing it soon. Not any more I guess. Wait til the next update I will.

th

Hey folks, I just bought the standard edition for PS3 cheap. I thought it was an amazing deal till I realized that little detail after the fact. :lol

Anyway I was wondering; once I finish the main game - am I better off selling it & buying the Nostromo edition, or is it possible to download / pay for the extra content via a reputable source?

I'm still very new to all this. :lol

Hey folks, I just bought the standard edition for PS3 cheap. I thought it was an amazing deal till I realized that little detail after the fact. :lol

Anyway I was wondering; once I finish the main game - am I better off selling it & buying the Nostromo edition, or is it possible to download / pay for the extra content via a reputable source?

I'm still very new to all this. :lol
Only difference with the Nostromo edition is that it includes the "Crew Expendable" mission, which you can buy separately for $3.99 as downloadable content. honestly your bigger mistake is buying this game for PS3 instead of PS4 ;)

Thanks man. :lol

So.. apparently I can download the extra content directly via the console, can I?
Yep. Just go to the Playstation Store and search for Alien Isolation and you'll have the option to purchase the crew expendable mission, last survivor, and a bunch of other DLC if you so choose. I'm still debating getting the season pass myself.

Back