Alien: Romulus (2024) figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the recent announcements and teases only two things have interested me: Hot Toys' Doctor Doom and the Romulus Alien.

I have their Alien Ripley but no Big Chap. Even though the Romulus design differs it's close. Better still, if it has exposed joints and no rubbery skin.
It's this xenomorph, and the 2.0 versions of the T-800 and jungle Predator for me. However if I had to pick one of the three it would probably have to be this too, I never owned a 1/6 version of an Alien and all the older ones from Hot Toys are basically useless as figures. This looks way better designed with the hidden joints and swap out mouth parts.

Some will disagree but I also really like the design of this version of the xeno, it might be my favorite look for the creature since the Big Chap.
Now bring on Cailee Spaeny. :drool
She would make a fine figure indeed, sadly I don't see a world where Hot Toys bothers negotiating likeness rights for a figure of Rain, or Andy for that matter.

Hot take Big Chap sucks, it looks goofy with those human legs. Sure he looks cool shrouded in darkness and whatever but as soon as you see the whole thing the illusion is broken.

The new Xeno design actually looks cool even when it’s not obscured.

It's this xenomorph, and the 2.0 versions of the T-800 and jungle Predator for me. However if I had to pick one of the three it would probably have to be this too, I never owned a 1/6 version of an Alien and all the older ones from Hot Toys are basically useless as figures. This looks way better designed with the hidden joints and swap out mouth parts.

Both the Romulus elbows and knees have the hidden joints?

I guess that would explain the dynamic pose at the show. Most of the Big Chaps I’ve seen are standing stiffly straight up.

IIRC, it was a seamless body so the elbows/knee were prone to cracking. I think the jaw had a similar issue and became loose. This will be my 1st 1:6 Xenomorph purchase. (y)

She would make a fine figure indeed, sadly I don't see a world where Hot Toys bothers negotiating likeness rights for a figure of Rain, or Andy for that matter.

is Funko Pop the only option for Rain?

Surprised there’s nothing from NECA.

Both the Romulus elbows and knees have the hidden joints?

I guess that would explain the dynamic pose at the show. Most of the Big Chaps I’ve seen are standing stiffly straight up.

IIRC, it was a seamless body so the elbows/knee were prone to cracking. I think the jaw had a similar issue and became loose. This will be my 1st 1:6 Xenomorph purchase. (y)
It seems so yes, very cleverly designed joints on the knees. I bet the arms are bent to hide the joints though.

To be fair Big Chap was always standing up straight in the film itself, because the suit was stiff as hell and didn't give the actor in it much mobility at all. It's why Ridley wisely decided to have the creature in dark environments and barely show full body shots because it really just looked like a tall guy in a rubber suit.

I believe the jaw tendrils snapping was the most common issue on all of their aliens, that and the rubber bodies and brittle joints deteriorating over time, which is I never bothered hunting one down. If this ever goes up for PO it might become my first 1/6 Xeno too.

is Funko Pop the only option for Rain?
Probably, I'd be shocked if Hot Toys ever bothers with her.

Hot take Big Chap sucks, it looks goofy with those human legs. Sure he looks cool shrouded in darkness and whatever but as soon as you see the whole thing the illusion is broken.

The new Xeno design actually looks cool even when it’s not obscured.
Had to check my CPU temperature, that take was hot.

I think the human legs make it creepier, it's like a Giacometti sculpture from Hell.

If I recall correctly, this feels like it lifts it's design heavily from the Isolation Xeno, which in and if itself is basically a Big Chap with the digitigrade legs added to it.

I'm honestly here for it. I think that's a fair design change with the advent of more modern techniques for filmmaking and prop design.

I went off Terminator a while back and have demoted the figures in the collection to less favourable positions. T2 John Connor is currently with the Stranger Things kids along with the two Matildhas from Leon.

Only one Terminator figure could tempt me back: a Summer Glau Cameron from The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Never got into collecting Predator figures past the Classic Predator from Predators, and Noland because OneSixthBruce was trying to get rid of his stock. (I'm pretty sure he was £70).

I have much more affinity with the Alien series but didn't start collecting Hot Toys until years after the Colonial Marines, so my only figure is their Alien Ripley. I'd have got Xenomorphs if they hadn't been coated in rubber, so hopefully this new one really is just jointed plastic.

Some will disagree but I also really like the design of this version of the xeno, it might be my favorite look for the creature since the Big Chap.

I like the dog leg design as it adds to the alienness, and also recalls the queen from Aliens.

I can't see it happening either. :(

That HT picture is very cool! However I will hold out getting too excited until we see factory production pictures instead of prototype haha
I'm guessing this will be around 300 USD. Which is a lot!

A brief glimpse of the Alien at 25 seconds:

Is the front part of the dome a swap out piece too?

Back