Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea HT Wolf was a bit too scrawny. I want lean like in the movie. Not malnourished. But The HTs Wolf still has unparalleled poseability and articulation compared to other Preds.

The wolf is the worst IMO. I think the only way it would look good was if you took it's head and armor and put it on the p1 body, that way his body would be the correct thickness.

I gave that some thought once but then realised some of his armour is sculpted on, non transferrable to another body. I wish it could be done because that body is just terrible, I don't care how articulated - it looks stupid.

Wolf is easily one of Hot Toys best creations; he looks perfect, IMO. He was supposed to look lean and tough and they did a fantastic job of it. I don't understand why some of you insist that all predators should be exactly the same height and dimensions. :dunno

product_image.php

They don't have to all be the same but he was just too wimpy looking and I'm fairly sure he didn't look that scrawny in the film. Look at the armour sculpted on his legs - how thin must his legs theoretically have to be to fit inside that skinny armour. Add to that the mask that barely covers his face, the dreads that make him look like hes going bald and some very ugly joints....just not one of HT best...IMO.

Wolf is easily one of Hot Toys best creations; he looks perfect, IMO. He was supposed to look lean and tough and they did a fantastic job of it. I don't understand why some of you insist that all predators should be exactly the same height and dimensions. :dunno

product_image.php

Of course they don't all have to look the same; I'm one of the ones who defends the new designs of predators featured in new films.

I do understand that the wolf was very thin compared to other predators - he was a lean, mean, fighting machine. However, the HT wolf is WAY too skinny to look like ANY type of predator, even the wolf. All of the HT preds besides the new PREDATORS preds were too skinny, but the wolf? He's downright anorexic!

They don't have to all be the same but he was just too wimpy looking and I'm fairly sure he didn't look that scrawny in the film. Look at the armour sculpted on his legs - how thin must his legs theoretically have to be to fit inside that skinny armour. Add to that the mask that barely covers his face, the dreads that make him look like hes going bald and some very ugly joints....just not one of HT best...IMO.

Wow, that's an absolutely scathing assessment. I really don't think that the majority would agree with you on most of your criticisms.... it's all very subjective and unfair. I don't see anything wimpy looking about Wolf... But to each to his own.

Of course they don't all have to look the same; I'm one of the ones who defends the new designs of predators featured in new films.

I do understand that the wolf was very thin compared to other predators - he was a lean, mean, fighting machine. However, the HT wolf is WAY too skinny to look like ANY type of predator, even the wolf. All of the HT preds besides the new PREDATORS preds were too skinny, but the wolf? He's downright anorexic!

Well, I'm not going to argue with what you think, but I don't agree with what you're saying about him looking anorexic at all. I think he looks exactly like he did in the movie.

You guys are really brutally negative! It's a strange way of looking at things when the figures look so obviously awesome. :dunno

i've also noticed; his bio is a big too big - and it's the same way with most of the other HT preds too (other than the new PREDATORS preds who have bios and heads that are too small), but since the rest of it is so skinny it makes it stand out more.

Wow, that's an absolutely scathing assessment. I really don't think that the majority would agree with you on most of your criticisms.... it's all very subjective and unfair. I don't see anything wimpy looking about Wolf... But to each to his own.

Well, I'm not going to argue with what you think, but I don't agree with what you're saying about him looking anorexic at all. I think he looks exactly like he did in the movie.

You guys are really brutally negative! It's a strange way of looking at things when the figures look so obviously awesome. :dunno

About this figure yeah. :dunno I mean the sculpting detail and the range of parts on offer is on a par with any HT figure but looked on as a whole I just feel this figure looks bizarre and clumsy. And I've seen each of my criticisms shared by others in the past.

Last edited:
Personally, the figure is movie-accurate. I just think Wolf looked anorexic in the first place ;).

I was a little disappointed with Wolf. Particularly did not like the sculpted on gauntlets and greaves. Honestly I think HT was experimenting a bit.

I was a little disappointed with Wolf. Particularly did not like the sculpted on gauntlets and greaves. Honestly I think HT was experimenting a bit.

Exactly. I'd have loved to see what he looked like on a less skinny predator body with better looking joints but the sculpted on armour ruled that out.

Re: Aliens,Predator and Terminanyone remember thinking that that wtor Q&A (Anything!)

:dunno I disagree. He wasn't anorexic or balding as I recall.

I guess you're just not a big fan of Wolf or the movie. The Hot Toys figure isn't disproportionately thin or balding in any way, he's got some of the best dreads of any HT Predator. Are you sure you're talking about the right figure and not NECA?

The NECA figure IS thicker than the HT version! It's much more movie accurate in thickness + otherwise.

We won't be agreeing on this one at all. Now don't lump me in with these guys who are determined never to buy a Hot toys figure and who think Neca can do no wrong but yeah IMO the Neca Wolf, ugly headseam notwithstanding, is a better representation of the Predator I saw in avp:r. Proportionally better and no he doesn't look balding. The problem as I see it with HT Wolf is his dreads are too thin & spindly and too few - thus why I think he looks like he's losing his hair.

Just not my favourite Predator from HT.

Back