All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say this, but I'm not loving the look of the GG Angel of Death. It looks to be a replica of the sculpture used in the making of the film, not of what Doug's makeup ended up looking like on film. That's cool and all, but I just loved the look of the real deal so much. The Sideshow bust was gorgeous. I'll never forgive them for screwing up that whole line.

On a side note, as morbid as it sounds, Dougie said he'd put his Angel of Death bust in his will for me. Sweet throught, but not sure if I like that idea.

Just got some pics of my Christmas pics uploaded...

Personal inking I did for Dougie.

facebookDougieChristmas.jpg

Christmas morning at Dougie's. He loved his present.

ssfDougieChristmas.jpg

Best Christmas I've had in years.

Surprised there has not been more pics posted of the AoD Maquette from GG. I hope to have mine and the Tooth Fairy next month :cool:

Rearranged my HT figures a bit... The first pic is the top of a Detolf, and the second is the top self directly below.

ddo.jpg

ddp.jpg

Wow, the Samaritan looks really cool mounted on the wall. How hard was it to hang it? Is it sturdy once up there?

Very easy to mount... I did use drywall anchors just to be safe, but I haven't had any issues with it since I hung it in February of last year. And it was also up for quite a while at my previous place w/o incident.

I really like the base, but just don't have the room for it at this time.

Although on a funny note, every so often my wife will show off my room to friends when I'm not there. But since she was uncertain how to place it back on the mount she'd just place it on the floor; so when I came home the Samaritan is just lying there... first time it happened I nearly had a heart attack and was confused as hell that it could fall 6 feet not be broken or have taken out half the detolf w/it :lol

I picked up some SS Hellboy parts to use with the HT figure. I mainly want to give him the black t-shirt. Anyone know if I should be concerned with the black shirt staining the rubber body?

I know others have done that switch and I haven't heard any problems. But I'd maybe soak the shirt first and try to remove any excess dye just to be safe.

I don't know if it always happens, but after I swapped the body on my Jedi Luke I noticed the black had stained the hard plastic of the Buck body :google

I picked up some SS Hellboy parts to use with the HT figure. I mainly want to give him the black t-shirt. Anyone know if I should be concerned with the black shirt staining the rubber body?

Run it through the wash a few times. I always wondered why they hadn't given him the shirt.

Once I start unpacking, I think I'm going to sell my Sideshow 12" Hellboy. I've been unhappy with it since the day I got it.

You might think about keeping the pants... I've seen a few swaps and those do look better than the HT ones.

But overall the HT figure is a much better attempt. Still wish HT'd release a 2nd version w/o the rubber body as the limited articulation is kind of a bummer.

Although on a funny note, every so often my wife will show off my room to friends when I'm not there. But since she was uncertain how to place it back on the mount she'd just place it on the floor; so when I came home the Samaritan is just lying there... first time it happened I nearly had a heart attack and was confused as hell that it could fall 6 feet not be broken or have taken out half the detolf w/it :lol

Glad you can laugh about that, that would scare the hell out of me! :horror :google :lol

Funny thing is the near heart attack happened twice... and the 2nd time I already knew what had happened the first time.

She was just being careful and I'd prefer she err on the side of caution... but it still startled the hell out of me.

Back