All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would share my HT Hellboy. I did some distressing of the jacket and also did the "water treatment" to get it to conform to the body better. Still one of my favorite HT figures. Love this guy. The distressing is pretty subtle but it looks right in hand.

red looks tough robbie! i have this beast too and easily one of THEE best HT figures. just bought blue. heres mine customed up abit with gloves and a book.

thanks fellas! joker bank robber gloves are black and have the hand gesture of our blue friend and the book is xfiles frank blacks bible. i thought gandalfs big old book would look cool but couldnt find it.

Wow. What a good idea! I think I'll display him with one glove on, and the extended hand ungloved, like in the film. He takes his glove off to "feel."

Great to see my favorite thread back on top of the page! :)

Got my HT Hellboy today, and as I was taking out the hand that was on him in the box, the inside part of the wrist came out with it. :( I tried a glue job, but it just won't work. Dammit. I've waited a long time for this figure, and he's broken out of the box.

EDIT: Well, I went in again and really really doused the thing in super glue. It seems to be holding pretty solidly, now, but I wonder how that will hold over time.

Last edited:
You're not just talking about the wrist peg are you? Those are supposed to come out.

No, Please, I'm not that stupid. It's the hollow part of the arm that the wrist peg pops into. It broke off the arm. That part wasn't attached to the rubber. I was able to roll the rubber back a bit and glue the piece back on, and it seems to be holding, now.

The HT Hellboy and Abe figures have been plauged with weak joints and frail truetype bodies. The assumption was the red and black dye for each body weakened the plastic.

Last edited:
The armature that's under the rubber body is pretty funky.
I would have preferred Hellboy came out after they decided to start doing unique articulated bodies like Dutch and Wolverine.

I swapped my old HB onto a modified regular truetype and I loved it. I hope the glue works out for you but if not there are options.

Here's some pics of the Hellboy kit I bought. Put it together last night (wasn't too bad - except for those darn fingernails). Still have some gaps I need to fill and then it will be ready to start painting.

Hellboykit-10.jpg

Hellboykit-01.jpg

Hellboykit-05.jpg

Hellboykit-06.jpg

Not sure how I'm going to attach this little guy (they actually sent me two of them)
Hellboykit-13.jpg

Back