ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow those scans are pretty cool. I've seen the idea before :)

1284016070_Skywarp5-550x.jpg

Ha! Your Skywarp was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Hasbro Scans. Always loved that one.

The difference in price on a United and a Hasbro Fig isn't so drastic in the UK. £14 for Hasbro £22 for United. We won't get most of the figs at retail so I would rather pay the extra for the nicer paint apps (on the whole) just like I did for Henkei. Each to their own though. I think a United Tracks, in hand might change your mind though :wink1:

Thanks man!
I've got to admit I am pretty impressed with Hasbbros Wheeljack. I ordered before pics had been released and didn't want to risk the "off white" I got with Hasbro Prowl, Drift and Jazz though. I also have Henkie Prowl and now United Jazz too, so no probs there, and am happy enough with Drift as is (not a main player to me) but didn't want to risk it with Jack. I like the way there is no back window on United Wheeljack and the colours keep going. I think the original didn't have a back window either, but have to admit I would have probably been satisfied with the Hasbro version of this guy too. Either way he is a GREAT fig !!!

My Arcee was EXPENSIVE, but I don't regret her at all. She is so poseable and full of win. I think she cost me £70 shipped. But I can only see those prices going up. The attention to detail and overall, look feel and personality of the fig makes her worth it (to me).

I know you aren't usually a fan of third party stuff, but just wanted to ask you a question, and I REALLY am not having a dig mate I just wanted to understand your point of view. As a great customiser yourself, surely you must appreciate the effort, time and genuine love that goes into something like this? In exactly the same way that your work does.
Are these things Expensive? yes.
Are they For everyone? No.
Does it fill a gap in the market? Deffo.
You can make someones existing fig look 100% better, but that will cost them for your time and your skill. Fansproject etc do a similar thing, just on a bigger scale, sometimes with figs (like Arcee) we may never get. I just thought as a customiser yourself you would be more into third parties providing people with the figs they want, just like you do?

Bob

Where are you finding united toys for £22?? I had to pay £40 for Jazz, £30-something for Blurr and about the same for Tracks.
I looked everywhere and the only place i could find that Had Jazz and Blurr was Ebay and Tracks from Yahobby. But i decided i wasnt gonna bother with Hasbro releases anymore and only go for the Takara versions (As long as they are better than the hasbro releases which a few arent. I decided to add some much needed exclusivity to my collection) so i didnt mind.

As for the the party thing. My main issues with them are their prices. I just cannot justify some of the prices they seem to think they can charge. I mean £70 for that Arcee?! Its nothing more than a deluxe and they expect people to pay £70 for her! That to me is just exorbitant and its repeated with nearly every third party release i see.
That sort of price tag would be different if we were talking about official takara release Masterpiece toys but we're not. To me those sort of price tags just alienate the casual collector and generate elitism which i despise. (no offence, current company excluded of course :p)

As a customizer i dont sell enough of my projects for high enough prices to consider myself one of the same with third party companies. I just cant be arsed with all the self promotion and marketing you have to put into it these days just to get noticed since the market has been flooded with bad customs and cancerous personalities over the past few years and people arent interested in you unless you have an undeserved "brand name" to go with your products. Plus i cant be bothered with all the lame politics, in-fighting, stalkers, physical threats against your own person or loved ones, corrupt site moderators and constant self defense against anyone who feels threatened by you and will do anything to ruin you so they can keep their oh so important profits at a maximum and uber-ego's floating around in the "community" which can spoil any enjoyment one could get from doing customizing as a full-time thing.
I prefer to just do the odd commission for a friend or for myself every now and again, and if i can sell one of the latter for enough to buy myself a new video game or a couple of new TF's every now and again then im happy.

Wall 'o text lol

I think Bob pre-ordered from Kapow when the order window for the early waves first went up before Christmas as if I remember rightly United Deluxes were £21.95 plus shipping.

Since the best ones have all sold out prices have gone a bit mad although I've only paid over the odds once ( £38 for Wreck-Gar ).

I did read that a Japanese hobby mag has said there may be a 2nd run so if that happens keep an eye on Kapow as they may get some more.

Preview of the upcoming Mastermind Creations Cyclops figure, AKA Shockwave from Hearts of Steel. And damn, if they keep the same detail seen here, I'll seriously consider getting it. :rock

SW_RENDER_BOT_01.jpg

SW_RENDER_BOT_03.jpg

SW_ship_render_01_turntable4_1.jpg

SW_RENDER_SHIP_06.jpg

Subject to final quality I'd be very intrested in buying that as Shockwave badly needs a decent modern toy even if it's an unofficial one.

Last edited:
Yeah, she really needed a figure and this one does her justice.
I was worried that the moment I ordered her a Generations Arcee would sneek out of the woodwork, but to be honest I really wouldn't care if it did now. This is a great figure in it's own right and worthy of a place in my collection. I Love the Gen 1 style box and instructions too. Due to the cost she won't be for everyone, but I am REALLY happy to have her :yess:

A couple of pics I've wanted to do since I ordered her and Jack........

DSCI0006-25-2.jpg

DSCI0008-20-1.jpg

Bob

Nice additions and pics Bob! :hi5:

Jazz FTW! :rock

This goes out to anyone that can pick me up a Windcharger, help! We're SOL here in the states. :(

I've not seen a windcharger at retail since I picked mine up a couple of months back. I'll keep an eye out for one for you though matey!

Where are you finding united toys for £22?? I had to pay £40 for Jazz, £30-something for Blurr and about the same for Tracks.
I looked everywhere and the only place i could find that Had Jazz and Blurr was Ebay and Tracks from Yahobby. But i decided i wasnt gonna bother with Hasbro releases anymore and only go for the Takara versions (As long as they are better than the hasbro releases which a few arent. I decided to add some much needed exclusivity to my collection) so i didnt mind.

As for the the party thing. My main issues with them are their prices. I just cannot justify some of the prices they seem to think they can charge. I mean £70 for that Arcee?! Its nothing more than a deluxe and they expect people to pay £70 for her! That to me is just exorbitant and its repeated with nearly every third party release i see.
That sort of price tag would be different if we were talking about official takara release Masterpiece toys but we're not. To me those sort of price tags just alienate the casual collector and generate elitism which i despise. (no offence, current company excluded of course :p)

As a customizer i dont sell enough of my projects for high enough prices to consider myself one of the same with third party companies. I just cant be arsed with all the self promotion and marketing you have to put into it these days just to get noticed since the market has been flooded with bad customs and cancerous personalities over the past few years and people arent interested in you unless you have an undeserved "brand name" to go with your products. Plus i cant be bothered with all the lame politics, in-fighting, stalkers, physical threats against your own person or loved ones, corrupt site moderators and constant self defense against anyone who feels threatened by you and will do anything to ruin you so they can keep their oh so important profits at a maximum and uber-ego's floating around in the "community" which can spoil any enjoyment one could get from doing customizing as a full-time thing.
I prefer to just do the odd commission for a friend or for myself every now and again, and if i can sell one of the latter for enough to buy myself a new video game or a couple of new TF's every now and again then im happy.

Wall 'o text lol

Yeah BCM is spot on. I ordered all of my United figs a while back through Kapow and haven't paid more than £22 for any of them. By getting them in groups of 3 I also got free shipping (as total cost was over £50). The downside has been waiting for each order to be completed before shipping. That's the reason I only just got Tracks and Jazz as they were waiting on Wheeljack. Collecting Hot Toys has taught me it's better to oder ASAP or regret it later.....

Fair enough on the third parties mate. They are expensive I can't deny that. I guess in some cases I am willing to take the hit if it's a character that I really want, and that I think will add to my display. I don't have any interest in owning any figure just because it is rare, exclusive or epensive. I'll only ever get a fig because I want it and like it. Elitism with plastic toys baffles me TBH !!!:slap

Nice additions and pics Bob! :hi5:

Jazz FTW! :rock

Cheers bro!!! United Jazz is awsomeness. I know you only collect MPs, but as Jazz is one of your fave characters I would highly recommend him !!!!

Bob

Cheers bro!!! United Jazz is awsomeness. I know you only collect MPs, but as Jazz is one of your fave characters I would highly recommend him !!!!

Bob[/QUOTE]

Yeah he would be a nice purchase...problem is I just paid for my DX Jack Sparrow. :wink1:

I'll hold out for MP Jazz....come on, come on! :pray:

My United Jazz is now in his new home :)

DSCI0001-32.jpg

My 84 bots are increasing. Need a "Classics" Trailbreaker now!!!

DSCI0003-37.jpg

Damn you Chig !!!!!!! I Didn't realise he was up for order yet. That comment just emptied my bank account a bit more. Mine is now ordered too:hi5:

Bob

Just saw I got the shipping email for my United E-Hobby auto/dec 3 packs. Both should be here Thur. :yess:

DSCI0001-32.jpg

DSCI0003-37.jpg

Damn you Chig !!!!!!! I Didn't realise he was up for order yet. That comment just emptied my bank account a bit more. Mine is now ordered too:hi5:

Bob

Awesome lineups!

I have a soft spot for Bluestreak as he was the first Autobot car I got at Christmas '84.

Is that the gun from the FansProject G3 trailer on Henkei Hound?

DSCI0001-32.jpg

DSCI0003-37.jpg

Bob

Hmm yes that looks nice. My Jazz and Tracks (united) should be here within the week...hopefully.

If one already owns Universe Hound is it worth getting the Henkei one too?

My latest TF pick up is the reissue MP-05 Megatron, gorgeous figure..can't wait to display him properly with the rest of my G1 figures.

Hmm yes that looks nice. My Jazz and Tracks (united) should be here within the week...hopefully.

If one already owns Universe Hound is it worth getting the Henkei one too?

Turn the Universe one into cash towards the Henkei and upgrade. Ravage is still ____e but Hound has one of the best paintjobs in the Henkei line.

And Takara-Tomy finally took a stance against 3rd party products. They've employed a blanket ban with Japanese retailers. Hasbro hasn't done anything like this though, not yet at least.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/391471-takaratomy-ban-3rd-party-products-japan.html

I'm guessing that it's iGear that finally pushed them to doing this. New figures and add-ons always got a blind eye turned on them, but what they're doing is a classic case of copyright infringement. It's even worse if the rumors about the way they acquired tooling for their Masterpieces turns out to be true. :dunno

If the axe falls completely on 3rd party items I'll stop collecting TF's because after Lugnut the only official items I'm intrested in owning are,

The grey repaint of HFD Tomahawk in the DOTM line
A Hasbro version of e-hobby Scrapheap

My latest TF pick up is the reissue MP-05 Megatron, gorgeous figure..can't wait to display him properly with the rest of my G1 figures.

Did they change anything with the reissue like making him more sturdy than the initial release?

Congrats btw! :hi5:

A good haul arrived today at the office.

United Optimus Prime
United Optimus Prime G2
Takara Animated Voyager Ironhide
Takara Animated Bumblebee
Takara Animated Rodimus

Now just waiting till for the E-Hobby 3 packs to arrive.

Back