ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Takara-Tomy finally took a stance against 3rd party products. They've employed a blanket ban with Japanese retailers. Hasbro hasn't done anything like this though, not yet at least.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/391471-takaratomy-ban-3rd-party-products-japan.html

I'm guessing that it's iGear that finally pushed them to doing this. New figures and add-ons always got a blind eye turned on them, but what they're doing is a classic case of copyright infringement. It's even worse if the rumors about the way they acquired tooling for their Masterpieces turns out to be true. :dunno

Cant say im surprised or can blame them.

If the axe falls completely on 3rd party items I'll stop collecting TF's because after Lugnut the only official items I'm intrested in owning are,

The grey repaint of HFD Tomahawk in the DOTM line
A Hasbro version of e-hobby Scrapheap

And that includes all the as of yet unreleased possible great toys in future generations/universe/classics lines as well?

For some of us, it might. I'm starting to Like the movie designs , but not enough to want to buy toys of them. I prefer my Igear Minime prime to my masterpice prime, he just feels like a better toy, and he hasn't fallen off my shelf once. whereas MP prime is covered in paint chips from falling at least once a week . ( he stays in vehicle mode now) .
I still need to get the rest of my generations toys, but we'll see if hasbro ACTUALY continues to release them as they said they would. We're still waiting on that "carcee" they mentioned at SDCC for example, and Kup JUST started to show up here, and I only found Blurr last week.

However, all that takara did was bully japanese retailers into no longer carrying 3rd party products, or they wouldn't sell them TF toys to sell in their shops. This has no bearing on retailers in other countries ( yet) . Nor will it effect 3rd party companies who sell directly, like igear, for example.

Awesome lineups!

I have a soft spot for Bluestreak as he was the first Autobot car I got at Christmas '84.

Is that the gun from the FansProject G3 trailer on Henkei Hound?

Yeah mate, it's from the G3 trailer. Sidey has his missile in the second pic, as does Mirage. I give the chrome sword to my "springer" and the pistol to my Henkei Red Alert. The add on weapons were one of the best bits about the G3 trailer for me.

Hmm yes that looks nice. My Jazz and Tracks (united) should be here within the week...hopefully.

If one already owns Universe Hound is it worth getting the Henkei one too?

I completely agree with BCM here. It's deffo worth getting a Henkei Hound if you can mate. He is MUCH better than the Hasbro version IMO.

For some of us, it might. I'm starting to Like the movie designs , but not enough to want to buy toys of them. I prefer my Igear Minime prime to my masterpice prime, he just feels like a better toy, and he hasn't fallen off my shelf once. whereas MP prime is covered in paint chips from falling at least once a week . ( he stays in vehicle mode now) .
I still need to get the rest of my generations toys, but we'll see if hasbro ACTUALY continues to release them as they said they would. We're still waiting on that "carcee" they mentioned at SDCC for example, and Kup JUST started to show up here, and I only found Blurr last week.

However, all that takara did was bully japanese retailers into no longer carrying 3rd party products, or they wouldn't sell them TF toys to sell in their shops. This has no bearing on retailers in other countries ( yet) . Nor will it effect 3rd party companies who sell directly, like igear, for example.

:exactly:
Although even if Hasbro decided to do similar I doubt it would effect us here in the UK. That would take some level of organisation on Hasbro UK's part,something they have never demonstrated before :rotfl

Bob

Cant say im surprised or can blame them.

And that includes all the as of yet unreleased possible great toys in future generations/universe/classics lines as well?

Yep. If the other 3rd party releases I want don't get affected by the ramifications of Takara's new stance I expect to have at least 90% of the characters I want by the end of the year so my collection is reaching a natural end.

Bob,
Thanks for that info, those weapons are really nice.

Now there's that clip system on so many toys you'd think Hasbro would try testing the water with some kind of weapons pack as an online exclusive to somewhere like TFSource but as ever it'll be left to a 3rd party company to try and sneak something under the radar.

Last edited:
Did they change anything with the reissue like making him more sturdy than the initial release?

Congrats btw! :hi5:

I've never really played around with the first release so, i can't tell. The feet on this guy have not tarnished so far and it has been a week and a few days now. I have not transformed him yet, not really scared too as well, joints are really nice and tight and he stands really well.

Got my United Tracks today so i took some pictures of his shiny new paint in the sun and along side his dull Hasbro counterpart.

5613205431_fc8b14051f_z.jpg

5613207905_1444094abe_z.jpg

5613206689_6bf2312e22_z.jpg

I still kinda like the hood graphics on RTS Tracks, but obviously i much prefer the United one for its G1-accuracy and better paint. I might just keep RTS tracks as well though and just keep him in alt mode...i dont know yet...maybe i'll wait and sell him on a bit later once the market isnt so saturated with RTS stuff to get a Henkei Hound or a United Drift.
Still waiting on United Jazz.....hope he gets here soon.

Got my United Tracks today so i took some pictures of his shiny new paint in the sun and along side his dull Hasbro counterpart.

5613205431_fc8b14051f_z.jpg

5613207905_1444094abe_z.jpg

5613206689_6bf2312e22_z.jpg

I still kinda like the hood graphics on RTS Tracks, but obviously i much prefer the United one for its G1-accuracy and better paint. I might just keep RTS tracks as well though and just keep him in alt mode...i dont know yet...maybe i'll wait and sell him on a bit later once the market isnt so saturated with RTS stuff to get a Henkei Hound or a United Drift.
Still waiting on United Jazz.....hope he gets here soon.

Congrats!

I think United Tracks has one of the best stock paintjobs on any TF, if not THE best.

I got United Wreck-Gar this morning and he's really good too!

Congrats!

I think United Tracks has one of the best stock paintjobs on any TF, if not THE best.

Yeah id say so too...if it wasnt for a couple of chips i would have said United Blurr has the best paintjob but where Blurr chipped after just 1 or 2 transformations Tracks is still holding up well.
I fixed Blurr in the end and he looks great but not everyone can do that to theirs.
You got Wreck-gar really quick! I'll have your custom one done within the week. Ive grown quite attached to the mold now...dont you want to sell me your spare rts one? ;)

Yeah id say so too...if it wasnt for a couple of chips i would have said United Blurr has the best paintjob but where Blurr chipped after just 1 or 2 transformations Tracks is still holding up well.
I fixed Blurr in the end and he looks great but not everyone can do that to theirs.
You got Wreck-gar really quick! I'll have your custom one done within the week. Ive grown quite attached to the mold now...dont you want to sell me your spare rts one? ;)

It took just over a week, so not bad.

No go on the other WG I'm afraid as I want several Junkions.

Here's a special commission. Generation 1 Optimus Prime

- Articulation for head (which is also custom)
- Articulation in shoulders (man what a pain that was)
- Articulation in wrists & hands
- Articulation in hips
- Articulation in upper legs
- Fixed up gun (put handle in better spot)
- Re-chromed all chrome parts
- Polished aluminum finish on trailer
- painted/detailed all rubber wheels (and text!)
- detailed Roller and station/inside trailer
- longer custom smoke stacks/exhaust
- custom built rocket pack
- gun fits on back (small hole)​

All photos can be seen :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/sets/72157626457196434/
and
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?...41966&saved#!/pages/FrenzyRumble/277523541966

5601222033_2f3912ed7c_o.jpg

5601222175_0f34337cd8_o.jpg

5601222215_ce857f6417_o.jpg

5601807440_a624c904b4_o.jpg

5601222291_a944494fb1_o.jpg

5601221975_bf66feea66_o.jpg

5601221999_bca5a275dc_o.jpg

5601222367_0467ed9efd_o.jpg

That's the exact figure I wanted as a kid, I remember loving the figure as a kid, but having issues with the articulation! :clap

You're so dedicated to your craft! Can way to see your eventual Sentinel Prime TF3 custom!!!

I've never really played around with the first release so, i can't tell. The feet on this guy have not tarnished so far and it has been a week and a few days now. I have not transformed him yet, not really scared too as well, joints are really nice and tight and he stands really well.

:lol I just consider the tarnish an after purchase weathering effect. Wasn't it supposed to be some new fandangled figure technology breakthrough or something? :dunno :wink

Well mine was "gently" used when I bought him so I'm no expert on the old one being fresh out of the box. All I know is he's the only MP Transformer I have on a HT's stand because he can flop over ocassionally. Dusting him can be a real bi***!

Congrats!

Totally. Too bad the mold isn't better. IMO of course, but there's just something about it that has always rubbed me the wrong way. Stumpy, wide chest, weird wings...Ugh.

Totally. Too bad the mold isn't better. IMO of course, but there's just something about it that has always rubbed me the wrong way. Stumpy, wide chest, weird wings...Ugh.

The only issue I have with my Tracks is that the joints seem a bit loose. I would also have liked Wheeljack to have been a unique mold as such a prominent character deserved one.

EDIT

UK prices for DOTM toys will be,

Deluxe £14.99 ( approx $24.38 )
Voyager £29.99 ( approx $48.77 )
Leader £59.99 ( approx $97.56 )
Cyberverse Ark set £44.99 ( approx $73.17 )
Cyberverse Scouts £12.99 ( approx $21.12 )
Cyberverse Legends £5.99 ( approx $9.74 )

It doesn't really concern me as I wasn't intending to buy any more Bayformers anyway but the price increase pushes many things out of the range of the kids which we keep being told make up the largest percent of the sales so most of the higher priced stuff will end up shelfwarming for months which could potentially damage the future of the line here as Hasbro UK will think the popularity of the franchise has declined so they'll stop requesting stuff from the US.

Last edited:
Eh, the mold works better for Wheeljack then it does for Tracks. Just needs a more rounded front window and be a bit taller with longer legs. Tracks should have looked a bit more like an improvement on the Alternators figure, which was a huge step in the right direction.

And yup, the DOTM prices here in Europe are insane and will probably kill off Transformers for another good while. :( But hell, it's a shame just because I actually like some of them, like Crankcase and Topspin, but no way will I pay 20 bucks for them.

EDIT

UK prices for DOTM toys will be,

Deluxe £14.99 ( approx $24.38 )
Voyager £29.99 ( approx $48.77 )
Leader £59.99 ( approx $97.56 )
Cyberverse Ark set £44.99 ( approx $73.17 )
Cyberverse Scouts £12.99 ( approx $21.12 )
Cyberverse Legends £5.99 ( approx $9.74 )

It doesn't really concern me as I wasn't intending to buy any more Bayformers anyway but the price increase pushes many things out of the range of the kids which we keep being told make up the largest percent of the sales so most of the higher priced stuff will end up shelfwarming for months which could potentially damage the future of the line here as Hasbro UK will think the popularity of the franchise has declined so they'll stop requesting stuff from the US.

Thats insane, but not a surprise and hell...one upside could be that it'll be easy to get DOTM toys (if i was so inclined) because the kids and their parents cant afford them?
Heh, doubt it. Theres only a couple i want anyway.

Eh, the mold works better for Wheeljack then it does for Tracks. Just needs a more rounded front window and be a bit taller with longer legs. Tracks should have looked a bit more like an improvement on the Alternators figure, which was a huge step in the right direction.

And yup, the DOTM prices here in Europe are insane and will probably kill off Transformers for another good while. :( But hell, it's a shame just because I actually like some of them, like Crankcase and Topspin, but no way will I pay 20 bucks for them.

Ive given up entirely in looking for tf's in shops anymore so this doesnt bother me. In this country, especially in this area, 9 times out of 10 you'll go out and come home disappointed. Toy hunting in the UK is an utter waste of time so i might as well save the time, effort and petrol costs and just buy everything online.
Besides each time a package arrives in the post it feels a bit like christmas. :D
the last couple of days has been like christmas and a birthday all rolled into one and then theres my official birthday next month!
So many toys...so little space.

And i dont know what you guys are moaning about with Tracks and Wheeljack. Both molds are awesome, one of the best in the whole CHUG line id say...
Well...at least in the top 5.

Mind you, it's the aesthetics I don't mind. Chances are that I might love it if I actually got my hands on it, wouldn't be the first time it happened. :lol

Mind you, it's the aesthetics I don't mind. Chances are that I might love it if I actually got my hands on it, wouldn't be the first time it happened. :lol

Collectors can be huge hypocrites at times, we've all done it :)

As you know I ripped Kup, Perceptor and Wreck-Gar to bits when I first saw them.............I now own all of them and have bought multiple Wreck-Gars including paying £38 for the United one :lol

As you know I ripped Kup, Perceptor and Wreck-Gar to bits when I first saw them.............I now own all of them and have bought multiple Wreck-Gars including paying £38 for the United one :lol

Just thought id quote this here, make sure i wasnt seeing things. :rotfl

Well there ya go. Get the United version, that thing is sex on wheels.

I gotta admit it, that paintjob alone is worth the pricetag.

:lol Glad you enjoy them, regardless. :thumb Are you going to get those add-on sets that the guy on TFW is making?

BTW, Generations is coming back tot the UK!

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/392621-generations-coming-back-uk-retail-may-2011-a.html

Back