ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has this been posted here? It's the most incredible repaint!
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/552723-mp-10-optimus-prime-full-repaint-pic-heavy.html

27280857d1329963420-mp-10-optimus-prime-full-repaint-pic-heavy-xtrepaint_mp10_optimus_f2012_12.jpg

27280859d1329963420-mp-10-optimus-prime-full-repaint-pic-heavy-xtrepaint_mp10_optimus_f2012_14.jpg

What paints were used - It's incredible!!!

^ Nice repaint! :)

Ok, my two cents.

While I'm thrilled that the MP line is getting more focus from TT, why can't they stick to one GD scale??? Argh! Grimlock, while nice, is supposed to be bigger than prime right?

Is he? The original toy wasn't, right?

And the seekers...why are they not the same size as prime? Yea I know, they were developed after mp01, but still with all the rescaling of crap, why didnt they have foresight that they were gonna make prime smaller with mp10, but make the prior MPs accordingly to the recently released mp10??

Ugh, I'm happy we're getting a more determined and varied MP strategy...but I wish they would stop mucking around with the scale. Honestly, I stopped collecting MPs right when Grimlock came out. I haven't purchased the hundred rereleases of prime and the seekers.

But, if they announce ultra Magnus, now that's something worth buying and may reignite my passion for TFs

I don't know. The Seekers can be a bit smaller, or the same size. Megatron could be the same size as Prime, or bigger than Prime - he could be bigger than the Seekers either way.

It's all relative. Depends on which part of which episode of which continuity (comics, etc.), and of course, personal preference. :)

Like Corsair, I've got iGear's Faith Leader which opens up some good display possibilities. I too prefer Grimlock to be larger so that's good, plus he works with most of the Classics-style Autobot cars. I only wish MP Rodimus was a bit smaller... but once MP-10 hits stateside, I will probably get that - not as a replacement for Faith Leader, mind you. I might end up getting Rodimus after that, we'll see.

A nice repaint but that still doesn't change the gorilla arms, oversized grill and stumpy proportions of the lower legs.

Some other news,

MP13 is Soundwave with Laserbeak and will cost approx $199

MP14 is Red Alert and will cost approx $75

The Lamborghini Countach LP500S is fully licensed.

So an original Sunstreaker mold is still possible and other licensed G1 alt modes are perhaps more likely than previously thought although I still won't take anything for granted.

If Fans Toys can throw in a couple of minions and keep their price at around their original estimate of $120-$130 then their project could still be a viable one :yess:

DPrime,
Correct!

Grimlock was only shown to be bigger than Prime in the cartoon and possibly the comics as well....it's been 20 odd years since I read them so I'm not 100% on that.

The toy was slightly smaller so I think it's safe to say that Takara used that as the basis for their scale.

I don't mind the Seekers being taller than Prime because F-15's tend to be bigger than truck cabs!

Last edited:
Man, I was really looking forward to MP 14 being something new. Why would they have said that they would announce MP14 over the weekend if we theoretically already knew which character it was? Makes no sense! I also don't like that they jacked up the price for MP13 Soundwave and are only including Laserbeak. I hope that they don't cheat us and include Ravage with the US/Hasbro release. But I am sure they will. And they wonder why 3rd party products are so popular! Because they listen to the fans and give then exactly what they want. At this point I don't care if the figures are official, as long as they are aesthetically pleasing and for the most part G1 accurate (sometimes after the inclusion of Reprolabels). Man Takara/Hasbro are frustrating! :gah:

Wow that Prime is amazing...never seen such a fantastic repaint.

Going through the Photos was just amazing, I was in awe from start to finish.

Also I didn't actually realise just what the size difference is between the MP01 & MP10 they are ridiculously different in size.

A nice repaint but that still doesn't change the gorilla arms, oversized grill and stumpy proportions of the lower legs.

Some other news,

MP13 is Soundwave with Laserbeak and will cost approx $199

MP14 is Red Alert and will cost approx $75

The Lamborghini Countach LP500S is fully licensed.

So an original Sunstreaker mold is still possible and other licensed G1 alt modes are perhaps more likely than previously thought although I still won't take anything for granted.

If Fans Toys can throw in a couple of minions and keep their price at around their original estimate of $120-$130 then their project could still be a viable one :yess:

DPrime,
Correct!

Grimlock was only shown to be bigger than Prime in the cartoon and possibly the comics as well....it's been 20 odd years since I read them so I'm not 100% on that.

The toy was slightly smaller so I think it's safe to say that Takara used that as the basis for their scale.

I don't mind the Seekers being taller than Prime because F-15's tend to be bigger than truck cabs!

MP14 seems a bit weird as being Red Alert...but hey ho.

Nice to know Soundwave will at least arrive with one minion...shame the price has rocketed though.

Glad to hear you ordered Sideswipe & Red Alert anyway Corsair...will get my orders in ASAP
Going to do Soundwave as well...now the price has gone up to $200 the Kapow Toys price of £140 seems pretty good considering they will pick up the Customs & VAT.

Really good news about the Lambo License hope to see Sunstreaker soon in that case :)

Size wise I've never really been to worried that they arent really to scale with each other I'm just happy to have the figures & will display them anyway.

Neil

DPrime,
Correct!

Thought so. :)

I'm glad I got Faith Leader, but it's nice to know that even when I do get my Hasbro MP-10, I might be able to get a Rodimus as well, and Grimlock won't technically be "out of scale".

Some people are calling for a bigger MP Grimlock, but I think that would be a real waste at this time. Bring on the other MP Dinobots! Grimlock is fine, size and all.

Me neither, but they're only slightly bigger than Faith Leader, really, and that's only because of the intakes on their shoulders. Shoulder to shoulder, they're just about the same.

I just hope MP Soundwave isn't too big. A little bigger than MP-11 would be fine, or the same size. Smaller or TOO big would be bad.

Laserbeak looks great! I like how even the rocket pack appears to be part of the cassette when transformed and not an add on like the G1 toy. I don't see the point of Soundwave's ankle kibble, but other than that it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it painted up, and to see how the scale is with MP10 and 11.

Last edited:
That Soundwave is all kinds of do want! Bit expensive at 199 though, so I'll be waiting for the Hasbro version. :lol

And that Soundwave is niiiiice. Will definitely be picking it up.

Another pic:

3kY21.jpg

MP Red Alert. Nice touch that they changed the shoulders as well as the head.

Now that is a nice suprise.....hopefully they'll now go the extra mile with Sunstreaker and give him his own mold.

Laserbeak looks fantastic but I still prefer the Fans Toys Soundwave design so I'll hang on and see if that still gets released.

Back