ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, with Soundwave being $199 and only coming with one minion, there's a chance for FT Soundwave after all.

If FT could include Laserbeak & Ravage at a price of $120-$140 it could still prove popular.

Alternatively it may make more sense for FT to move onto Blaster instead although that depends just how far along they are with the tooling for Soundwave as abandoning something would be more costly for them than Takara.

Sideswipe looks so good I'm probably going to get a second to keep in alt mode and I'll be intrested to see how Red Alert looks fully painted as well.

I POed Soundwave from bbts before the Laserbeak announcement, and they sent me an email saying they were going to eat some of the cost since the original PO price was $169.99. I think that was decent of them.

At ant rate, Soundwave was one of my dream MP pieces, so check on that. I ordered the Maketoys green giant gift set, so check on another dream piece. Now if they'd do a MP Shockwave, or a good third party G1 likeness, my 3 dream pieces would be complete.

Other things I'd love to see is an '84 movie likeness of Galvatron (would go great with the Starscream MP 11 mold coronation set), and a good fan project Predaking.

Sorry to jump in the middle of you guys' conversation :lol Carry on :)

Wow they all look amaze & I shall have them all :)

I assume the pic of Prime & Sideswipe is the MP10 version??

Looks like everything I said previously about scale will be blown out the window & I will have to get either a Faith Leader (if I can find one) or get an MP10 when the TRU version hits...can't afford the Takara version anymore :(

Even if FT do make their SW then I'll still have the Takara MP version first & see what follows.

Neil

I POed Soundwave from bbts before the Laserbeak announcement, and they sent me an email saying they were going to eat some of the cost since the original PO price was $169.99. I think that was decent of them.

At ant rate, Soundwave was one of my dream MP pieces, so check on that. I ordered the Maketoys green giant gift set, so check on another dream piece. Now if they'd do a MP Shockwave, or a good third party G1 likeness, my 3 dream pieces would be complete.

Other things I'd love to see is an '84 movie likeness of Galvatron (would go great with the Starscream MP 11 mold coronation set), and a good fan project Predaking.

Sorry to jump in the middle of you guys' conversation :lol Carry on :)

Fans Toys said they wanted to make Shockwave but it depended how well their other projects did.

Now that their Soundwave is uncertain to be released it may be that they change direction and do Blaster or Shockwave instead.

Soundwave,
Sideswipe is with MP10 in those pics.

I think Faith Leader will be an inch or so taller than Sideswipe/Red Alert so they should look great together as well as with MP Grimlock and iGears Brawn and Gears!

Last edited:
Some people are guessing that it has a working MP3 player function based on the two jacks on one leg. If that's true...:panic::yess:

Ehhh, I'd rather they offer pieces without it for cheaper then. I'm getting this as a display piece, not one for functionality.

Kinda like HT trying to justify a high price because of a working LED light. Like how often are you going to open your display case/take it off the shelf to click that on, and then right back off. Just a needless, superficial aspect that it could do without, and save us a few bucks without.

But for those hoping for that and would use it, nothing wrong with that. Just a prerogative amongst collectors.

Looks great in color, love the other cassetes too.

41_32940_b4ba77e853118dd.jpg

41_32940_7c502b3e13b976d.jpg

Very, very nice!! Ravage and Rumble look awesome, too! I just wonder how much they're going to cost separately?

Sideswipe looks FANTASTIC !!!
Please, please do Sunny too :pray:

Soundwave looks fantastic and is a must have, but I am actually more impressed with the Lazerbeak, Rumble and Ravage. Ravage looks even better than the Device label one :hi5:

So what colour is Frumble going to be :rotfl

Bob

Hopefully Rumble is his purple-ish G1 colors. He is the more well-known of the Soundwave minions.

Red Frenzy= FAIL :lecture unless they release both, having Frenzy come at a later date.

So what colour is Frumble going to be :rotfl
Bob

Now there's a can of worms that needed re-opening! :lol

I read a post at TFW recently which hinted that the other minions are being released in 2-packs so we could see,

red Rumble & Ravage ( to mirror the G1 set )
blue Frenzy & Buzzsaw
Ratbat with Soundblaster

Sideswipe is virtually perfect but it would suck balls if Sunstreaker ends up as a yellow retool of the same mold because that's the kind of BS copout that's typical of the CHUG lines.

For the most part the MP line is about accuracy to the source material and although many fans seem to think otherwise Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were very different in both modes.

The Lamborghini license is secured so Takara won't have a problem getting the use of the concept "Super Tuned" LP500 design that G1 Sunstreaker was based on so it's really a matter of whether they want to make another new mold.

As there's little repaint potential outside of Diaclone variants it makes the chances of it happening a bit iffy but if Takara are serious about the apparent new direction of the MP line then I think it's a necessity that no compromises are made....if it was a unique mold in G1 then it should be likewise for the MP line.

Last edited:
Hopefully Rumble is his purple-ish G1 colors. He is the more well-known of the Soundwave minions.

Red Frenzy= FAIL :lecture unless they release both, having Frenzy come at a later date.

Now there's a can of worms that needed re-opening! :lol

I read a post at TFW recently which hinted that the other minions are being released in 2-packs so we could see,

red Rumble & Ravage ( to mirror the G1 set )
blue Frenzy & Buzzsaw
Ratbat with Soundblaster

Did I get my colors backwards?

Just checked. It appears Frenzy has shown up in blue and red/black, and Rumble has shown up in purple and red/black, as well.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rumble_%28G1%29

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Frenzy_%28G1%29

I'm confused? :dunno

Anyway, I'm hoping for a purple G1 Rumble :yess:

Yes, purple G1 Rumble, as per the cartoon (which should be the primary reference for these figures IMO). Loving all this MP goodness. Glad that the 3rd partiers seem to have finally lit a fire under Takara/Hasbro's collective butts to give us G1 fans what we really want. Is it just me, or is Sideswipe hella small, though. LOVING Soundwave's tapes.

Yes, purple G1 Rumble, as per the cartoon (which should be the primary reference for these figures IMO). Loving all this MP goodness. Glad that the 3rd partiers seem to have finally lit a fire under Takara/Hasbro's collective butts to give us G1 fans what we really want. Is it just me, or is Sideswipe hella small, though. LOVING Soundwave's tapes.

I think that various G1 sources are used, from the original toys and cartoon right up to the gun storage on MP10 being taken from some of the recent IDW art.

Hopefully they'll stick to the G1 toy color schemes for Rumble & Frenzy as they never looked as unique in the cartoon.

Although I'm not 100% convinced that the new MP announcements are just the beginning I definitely consider it a step in the right direction and it's definitely a response to the rise of the 3rd party companies....all credit to Takara for doing that instead of attempting the futility of attempting to shut them all down as this way we still get more options as the 3rd parties can just shift their focus to more obscure characters that aren't likely to be made officially.

My question now would be can Takara carry on in the same vein?

Soundwave,
Sideswipe is with MP10 in those pics.

I think Faith Leader will be an inch or so taller than Sideswipe/Red Alert so they should look great together as well as with MP Grimlock and iGears Brawn and Gears!

Thanks buddy thought that was the case.
Just need to keep my fingers crossed I can find a reasonable priced Faith Leader now...he seems to be fetching almost the same price as MP10 at the moment & the trailer is edging me towards MP10 now.

Oh my god Soundwave looks amazing in colour & the minions are looking fantastic as well.

I emailed Kapow Toys earlier & I will be fine to order now & change my address if I need to so I will be ordering SW, SS & RA this weekend :yess::yess:

Can't wait now :)

Neil

Thanks buddy thought that was the case.
Just need to keep my fingers crossed I can find a reasonable priced Faith Leader now...he seems to be fetching almost the same price as MP10 at the moment & the trailer is edging me towards MP10 now.

Oh my god Soundwave looks amazing in colour & the minions are looking fantastic as well.

I emailed Kapow Toys earlier & I will be fine to order now & change my address if I need to so I will be ordering SW, SS & RA this weekend :yess::yess:

Can't wait now :)

Neil

Faith Leader's fetching THAT much.....wow!

Glad you're going to be able to sort things with Kapow, Andy is usually good with things like that.

I hope we get some painted Red Alert pics soon and I'll likely pre-order mine once I've seen them....I was going to order it sooner but the cash that's currently on my Paypal account is going towards the Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow figure.

Faith Leader's fetching THAT much.....wow!

Glad you're going to be able to sort things with Kapow, Andy is usually good with things like that.

I hope we get some painted Red Alert pics soon and I'll likely pre-order mine once I've seen them....I was going to order it sooner but the cash that's currently on my Paypal account is going towards the Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow figure.

Yeah there are only 2 on Ebay now.
One is BIN @ £147 :thud::thud:
The other is bidding so no idea where that will finish yet.

I can get MP10 for £187
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takara-T...1886?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a7538d49e

Yeah Andy seems really good so that's a bonus & make my life easier now.

Hoping to see colour Red Alert after the Tokyo Toy Show...if he's as good as Sideswipe he should look awesome.

Lol I have seen the new Black Widow...she looks good but not a character I really need.
Just getting my Paypal sorted to order Avengers Thor this week so that will be him out of the way...just need to wait for Hulk now & I'm done with Hot Toys for a while I think.
Transformers are taking all my spare cash now :)

Neil

Yeah there are only 2 on Ebay now.
One is BIN @ £147 :thud::thud:
The other is bidding so no idea where that will finish yet.

I can get MP10 for £187
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takara-T...1886?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a7538d49e

Yeah Andy seems really good so that's a bonus & make my life easier now.

Hoping to see colour Red Alert after the Tokyo Toy Show...if he's as good as Sideswipe he should look awesome.

Lol I have seen the new Black Widow...she looks good but not a character I really need.
Just getting my Paypal sorted to order Avengers Thor this week so that will be him out of the way...just need to wait for Hulk now & I'm done with Hot Toys for a while I think.
Transformers are taking all my spare cash now :)

Neil

Here is a ebay listing for Faith Leader,currently at $108 w/shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/150834044853?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2165wt_1133

Back