Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My concern all along was that we wouldn't be getting a figure that looked like the pictures we had been previously shown.

anakinheads7tm.jpg

It looks like we are getting much closer with the latest pictures. In my opinion, the general skin tone seems to be more orange than before, the hair still seems just a touch darker, the eyes still seem to have a black outline that wasn't there before, and the lips remain too dark and shiny. So it's not the same, and I don't really feel "owned," but I do feel that I will be satisfied with what I get. (But if I had a choice, I would pick the figure in the first picture. It just looks more lifelike to me.)

I will say that it seems that the final product, while still a bit different from the early pictures, will be something that all of us (almost) can be happy with. So it looks like those who predicted that we will be happy with our figures and those who predicted that it will not look exactly like the early shots were both right. It will be different, but not so much that we will be sending it back. And now...

:peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace

I think if you put a close-up of the prototype Jedi Luke's face up next to the production Luke, you'd have about the same difference as between the two Anakins. Neither are as jaw-dropping as the proto pics but they're both the best likenesses on the market.

Agreed Tom, as usual with your assessments. Overall this will be a great figure and the best on the market.

It's the paint apps that are in fact "different" from the proto pics IMO. I wish SSC Factory Production QC would do more to be on top of that. It's not asking too much to be a bit more consistent.

tomandshell said:
My concern all along was that we wouldn't be getting a figure that looked like the pictures we had been previously shown.

It looks like we are getting much closer with the latest pictures. In my opinion, the general skin tone seems to be more orange than before, the hair still seems just a touch darker, the eyes still seem to have a black outline that wasn't there before, and the lips remain too dark and shiny. So it's not the same, and I don't really feel "owned," but I do feel that I will be satisfied with what I get. (But if I had a choice, I would pick the figure in the first picture. It just looks more lifelike to me.)
:peace:

Tom very well said. I am amused by the "owned" comments by certain members. This figure is not what I expected, but that's ok because I can live with it. It's in much better shape than the first round this weekend.

I am not owned so much as 90% relieved. I think "owned" would be someone who cancelled their order... and then saw this and went oh crap...

There's only two things I see that are an issue, one is the lipgloss and the other is the hair line. I can live with both, at least he isn't sucking a lemon anymore! :lol

tomandshell said:

anakinheads7tm.jpg

I will say that it seems that the final product, while still a bit different from the early pictures, will be something that all of us (almost) can be happy with. So it looks like those who predicted that we will be happy with our figures and those who predicted that it will not look exactly like the early shots were both right. It will be different, but not so much that we will be sending it back. And now...

:peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace :peace

The Proto pic looks great! Love it, want it. The production, not so great. It looks good, but not as good. To me that's a disappointment. Still trying to reserve judgement though.

Dave did say in his post at RS that the lip color is not as bad in person, and that he would later post some photos with better lighting. So far he has been very reliable when it comes to the Sideshow figures, so I'm happy to take his word for things... however I still want to know how he got the figure before all of us:google

Looks great except for the slightly too dark lips. I knew it couldn't be as bad as that first pic with the orange skin, even at it's worst SSC ain't that bad. The paint apps. on the hair don't seem quite as nice as the TF pics, but it still looks fine.

I think we now see alot of the panic and CLS was an overreation. However, I will say that in all the times I was saying that I didn't think anyone had to worry about it, I was picturing something better than these better pictures. I'll be very happy with it and I'm still holding out hope that in person it looks better, they always do. On one final note, the lips are definitely not painted as they were sculpted and they do look too dark and these are my only two gripes with it.

Maybe he went to China over the weekend? :rotfl

EDIT: Doh! Context.....

Quote from Galactiboy"... however I still want to know how he got the figure before all of us?"

IrishJedi said:
All of you Chicken Littles and doubters = OWNED.

:rotfl

I totally disagree. I am still hugely disappointed in the pics I am seeing. I hope it is lighting as Dave pointed out. I am still going to wait til I have him in hand to judge completely. But to say that the latest production pics we are seeing are as good as the promo pics from sideshow is a gross overstatement in my humble opinion. Someone posted "closer to what we expected." Yes, I'll agree with that. But I don't think we should start high fiving and celebrating just yet.

Owned? Please.

QQB said:
Just got one in HK Toys shop friday!
also don't know why HK come out early!
haven't think about it any more, just buy it on hand ASPA!!!

That's exactly what I would do if I saw one in a store early--buy it imediately, and not bother asking questions!

I was going to say that it's hard to see somebody getting theirs on another continent while I have to wait longer for mine, but surely somebody from Europe would chime in and remind me that this is what they go through every single time! :rolleyes:

I think the biggest issue that I see is that they didn't paint the lips properly. This is a design issue, not painting skill. Who decided to use a darker lip color? And why aren't the lips fully painting? See how there is a thick border of plastic lip that was left unpainted? Look at the prototype pic. See how his lips are fully painted, giving a much more natural look?

Still looks weak IMHO...
The lips are really bad, can't understand why SST went that route.
And, again, the huge mellon. I was expecting Anakin and other regular sized figures to have better proportions. It's not rocket science...

See how the lips are fully painted in the prototype? That is what I want! And how hard was it for them to use a similar shade of paint as what was on the prototype? Who is making the decisions? Sideshow, or the Chinese manufacturing company?

anakinheads7tm.jpg

Also, the dark hair makes him look even more pale looking and combined with the lip color, weaker and more feminine.

JustinLuck said:
I think the biggest issue that I see is that they didn't paint the lips properly. This is a design issue, not painting skill. Who decided to use a darker lip color? And why aren't the lips fully painting? See how there is a thick border of plastic lip that was left unpainted? Look at the prototype pic. See how his lips are fully painted, giving a much more natural look?

You mean like this:

Anicomparison.JPG

Glad I got to use this image again, but I do agree with you. I think if the lips were full and more of a blended line it would make a big difference... even with the darker shade.

IrishJedi said:
All of you Chicken Littles and doubters = OWNED.

:rotfl

Gotta say I agree about the chicen littles doubters not so much as they had legit worries. The CL where all this figure is gonna suck, SS is false advertising, etc. The pics posted by Dave look outstanding. The lips are not that great but I'll take Dave from RS word that they look good in person. I think this looks outstanding really I'm pleased.:chew

jlcmsu said:
Gotta say I agree about the chicen littles doubters not so much as they had legit worries. The CL where all this figure is gonna suck, SS is false advertising, etc. The pics posted by Dave look outstanding. The lips are not that great but I'll take Dave from RS word that they look good in person. I think this looks outstanding really I'm pleased.:chew

Well I am not surprised at this post.

Back