Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anicomparison.JPG

Looking at this picture, I think that the lip problem is more with the lack of blending than with the dark color. The contrast between the dark lip color and the flesh tone of the rest of the face is just a little too shocking when there is no blending between the two, giving the lipstick feel.

Hope you're taking notes Mikey, cause it looks like you just may be getting more than a few head repaint orders.

Isn't it crazy how different the production fig and the photoshop mod look...and yet only a few minor tweaks set them apart.

captain sack said:
you're my favorite character on "CSI":chew
x_guilfoyle_g.jpg
Hahahaha! YIKES! :google

In my defense, I have lost about 15 lbs since that pic with Hayden was taken (which was in October).

That's an awesome comparison pic IrishJedi. I hope Sideshow sees this and can use the knowledge to bring even better likenesses in their future figures if they realize that only minor changes can improve a portrait beyond imagination.

IrishJedi said:
For the record, my "owned" comment was directed toward those who felt the need to compare the crappy quality pics from China with Dave's pics from Toy Fair as "evidence" that the final figure is WAY off. Then Dave himself posts pics he took of the final figure and, while not perfect, it does indeed look much closer to the TF figure than these other recent pictures indicated. And some of us we're trying to get that point across from the beginning (that the photography makes a BIG difference). Yet some people were still freaking out. Therefore... OWNED.

Exactly! I didn't mean anyone like Tom, Darth, Etc. They all like me where a little worried but didn't go freaking out.

IrishJedi said:
Just whipped this together real quick:

anakin_tyrannusrefined.jpg
2119press020018ue2.jpg

Yup, as suspected, Sideshow had the paint apps NAILED

in the Proto Pics...

like I said, a little consistency please.
Not that bummed though. Easy fix.

Last edited:
I think there is a sith lord among us sideshow fans, trying to divide us into a civil war.

I'll throw in my .02 cents, even though I'm not collecting this line...

I would want parts of the head repainted - the hair and the lips, and maybe have the eyebrows lightened a tad. I would want it closer to the Toyfare pic or the pic on SSC's website than what it appears to be.

I would've been disappointed with the paint on this figure had I bought it, mainly because of what was seen at Toyfare and what is shown on SSC's website (a perfect Anakin, IMHO).

Looking at Boromir and now the side by side of the photoshopped Anakin, it seems that on top of the heavy paint apps, Sideshow also favors chubbier headsculpts...

Some people said Han was a bit on the puffy side too. I think I heard someone say some of that is due to the paint application, and while that doesn't seem to make sense at first, when dealing with something that small, if several layers are needed then I get see how that would add enough to give some of the sculpts a bit of a puffy or chubby look.

jlcmsu said:
I'm not even gonna mention what it looks like he's doing in that pic.:google

Yeah... it reminds me of how Dante's cousin Walt died in Clerks.... "OO's resting on his chin" :rotfl :rotfl

"Wow.....he really made it..."

As for the sculpt.. no matter what.. it's a wonderful sculpt and we all know that good paint can make it look perfect. I might actually take a crack at fixing the lips and hair myself...

Back