Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, SSC updated with production shots. They look pretty good.

Curiously though...his lip looks like TPM Amidala in the small thumbnails but perfectly fine in the full image.

New Prod Pic
2119_press03-0022.jpg

Proto Pic
2119press020018ue2.jpg

Sith Lord 0498 said:

Curiously though...his lip looks like TPM Amidala in the small thumbnails but perfectly fine in the full image.

Thanks for the link SL.... It does look pretty good. He looks much better in these photos, and oddly enough the thumbnail did give him that Amidala lip line... wierd.

I really can't wait to have him in hand though... :google

Sith Lord 0498 said:

I absoltuely agree with the Amidala lip look! I think its lighting though, in the closeup pics you can see a bit of bright light on the edges of his lips that are probably causing him to look that way.

The SS pics do look better than the fan pics we've been seeing so far ( no offense to anyone ) but he does look dark and he looks a little "glossy." This could be lighting also I suppose.:confused:

The accessories look great though, I love that arm.

pjam said:
New Prod Pic
2119_press03-0022.jpg

Proto Pic
2119press020018ue2.jpg

Yep, Andy's sculpt came out great and he'll be a great piece but I may have his hair, eyebrows and lips repainted to match the proto.

Last edited:
Can Sideshow explain why they decided to go darker with the hair and lips? Was it really that much cheaper to go this route?

The eyes are now darker and the skin tone changed as well. It's as if they were trying to make him look evil, but he didn't turn to the dark side until the last part of the film when he became Sith Anakin.

pjam said:
New Prod Pic
2119_press03-0022.jpg

Proto Pic
2119press020018ue2.jpg

I'm not crazy about the new pictures. I love the new color of the cloak -- perfect -- but the face IMHO looks very "dollish". I'm hoping these are more of the "poor photos" from SS and that the figure is much better in person, like Luke was.

Wor-Gar said:
I'm not crazy about the new pictures. I love the new color of the cloak -- perfect -- but the face IMHO looks very "dollish". I'm hoping these are more of the "poor photos" from SS and that the figure is much better in person, like Luke was.

Dave Myatt has new posed pics posted at RS if you want to check them out. I don't believe you'll find a huge difference.

I am now nearly certain My guy is going into the custom repaint shop, wish it weren't the case but I really liked the Proto paint apps much better and was expecting to receive that. You can still see the Proto Anakin in VTR ( video turnaround) and I just think he is more accurate representation to the film.

Wow...the paint difference is really startling.

This would definitely be a repaint figure if I bought it. The hair especially. He's just too dark, all the way around. If the color was lightened up it would look like the original prototype picture and what was seen at Toyfare.

I just checked Dave Myatt's pix on RS again. I'm still not impressed.

Perhaps Anakin suffers from the same fate as his son -- an unphotogenic quality. No picture ever did Luke justice.

I'm praying this is the case here...because the dark hair and yellow skin and glistening burgandy lips really bothers me.

Wor-Gar said:
I just checked Dave Myatt's pix on RS again. I'm still not impressed.

Perhaps Anakin suffers from the same fate as his son -- an unphotogenic quality. No picture ever did Luke justice.

I'm praying this is the case here...because the dark hair and yellow skin and glistening burgandy lips really bothers me.

Wor-Gar, we might have to get another project going with pjam to get Mikey to repaint 'em for us! :monkey2

Guess I'll have to wait to have him in hand to make the final judgment...but, yes, from a photo stand-point, the proto from the SS site AND TF looked WAY better...

:rolleyes:

Right now VH1 is playing the video for the 80's hit "It Could Have Been So Beautiful" by Tiffany except that its been re-edited into a montage of the Anakin Toy Fair pics.

Wor-Gar said:
Yep!

Hey indiana, check the ALIENS thread...there's something for you. :D

Thanks Wor-Gar! I'm just playing catch-up on the boards right now...I've been too busy this week to check them out!

:monkey2

IrishJedi said:
You guys are brutal. This is still a great figure.

Agreed. I think the costume looks much better than the proto -- especially the cloak and the new material for the leather tunic.

I just think the face -- in the pictures I've seen thus far -- went too far the other way. I remember people complaining that the hair was too light. Well, they fixed that, but maybe too much so. Same with the lips.

But again, I'm only voicing my initital shock at the photos. I'm still hoping the figure in person is just as cool as Luke turned out to be.

Hey, you know what? I am just thankful that his skin isn't orange and he doesn't have that crazy mascera! :D

Wor-Gar said:
...I'm still hoping the figure in person is just as cool as Luke turned out to be.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about it too W-G. I think we all have to keep in mind that these figures are still only 2 or 3 times more expensive then the HASBLOW versions and are 100 times better...even WITH the discrepancies! At least SS isn't charging MEDICOM, etc. prices for these! For only $50 or $60 per figure, I'm still pretty happy, even if they aren't AS perfect as they necessarily could be...

Last edited:
Back