Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indiana Fett said:
While perhaps the paint apps don't look QUITE as stellar in the production version as what we saw in the proto, the costume looks AMAZING, and overall the figure looks GREAT! There's a fantastic photo on the RS boards that shows what a moot point this argument actually is...Just compare the SS Anakin to the Hasblow version!!!
------------------------------

Wow....Hasbro Anakin looks like Napolean Dynamite in this one!!

"GOSH!" :rotfl

Actually Dragon has done pretty passable versions of several celebrities. And at least you don't have to repaint DML head sculpts because they came out looking like Goths or zombies.

Don't get me wrong, I love SSC's figs and their SW and LOTR lines are a godsend, but they could take some cues from others. Always room for improvement with any company.

Indiana Fett said:
While perhaps the paint apps don't look QUITE as stellar in the production version as what we saw in the proto, the costume looks AMAZING, and overall the figure looks GREAT! There's a fantastic photo on the RS boards that shows what a moot point this argument actually is...Just compare the SS Anakin to the Hasblow version!!!
------------------------------

The likeness may not be perfect and the colors may be a bit darker than what we were expecting, but this figure sure as hell is worth 55 bucks.

EVILFACE said:
The likeness may not be perfect and the colors may be a bit darker than what we were expecting, but this figure sure as hell is worth 55 bucks.

Agree with you there. No serious Star Wars 12-inch fan would pass up these.

EVILFACE said:

Bottom line: Amen to that brother! :cool:

I am in no way saying that this figure looks bad, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the first proto picks. The hair is darker and his lips just look funny to me.

Still excited about him just a tad disapointed from what I've previously seen.

jlcmsu said:
While it might not be perfect the more and more I see it this figure looks like a winner. Some things I'd like to have seen different but really I'm happy with the overall end to this.

Exactly how I feel...I was among the chicken littles, but it is still an awesome figure with a great costume and great accs...I happy with the final product and cant wait until he finally arrives...anyone get a shipping notice yet??

Darklord Dave said:
Or course Dragon is never trying to match an actor in a film either. They can always say that the way it ends up is the way it was intended all along.

I don't think the likeness is really the issue here, it's the paint apps and the discrepancy from what was shown to the producion figure.
As a long time collector of DML figures I can state that what you see on the Dragon webpage is exactly what you get.
I am a big fan of DML's more subdued paint apps.The paleness notwithstanding, their paint apps are much more lifelike than SST's efforts in general.
I might be the minority here, but that's the way I feel, and I think, in general, most 1/6 collectors who don't specialize in SW or SST would agree.
There is no point in comparing Hasbro's figures with SST's, it's just two different worlds, but if you start comparing SST with other "high end" manufacturers of 1/6 figures, you do get (IMHO) a better perspective.
Now, don't take this the wrong way, I'm ecstatic with what we're getting from SST, both in SW and LOTR and I have all of their figures (except Kit Fisto) on pre-order, but I still keep a critical eye on what they are delivering.

IrishJedi said:
Well, if they were slightly less red and more pink they would be pretty close to HC's:

anakin_tyrannusrefined.jpg

2119_press03-0022.jpg

2119press020018ue2.jpg

Pic next to Hayden is photoshopped, followed by Prod Ani and Proto Ani

Man, if we could just switch out the lip color on the proto with the production I'd be really happy with this figure. Still a winner IMO and can't wait to get it in hand so I can get started on another review.

Back