Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
You guys are brutal. This is still a great figure.

Great figure, yes. Brutal, not at all when you want and expect the figure you ordered as Collectors have now made abundantly clear on many boards. This is a fairly significant change in paint apps from the proto. I would venture to say the changes differ far more than most I've seen. I'm sure SSC is fully aware of this and is asking the same question because they were at TF showcasing this figure and expecting something else too.

This is a repaint for me, clear and simple, don't like the altered chocolate hair and eyebrows and the cherry "doll" lips bug me.

A quick fix though and I will have what I wanted and expected, a SUPERGREAT Figure.

Last edited:
Overall it looks pretty solid. The lips still kind of bug me but overall I'll take it and be happy. I'm sure SS if they are unhappy in anyway will strive to make things better on Obi-Wan.

jlcmsu said:
Overall it looks pretty solid. The lips still kind of bug me but overall I'll take it and be happy. I'm sure SS if they are unhappy in anyway will strive to make things better on Obi-Wan.

I think with Sith Ani we can pretty much expect what we see in the proto pics b/c it is very close to the Ani paint apps we're getting now.

Wow that hair is really dark, I'll confess I'm disappointed, I had higher hopes. Overall I agree its a great figure and I'm durned happy to be getting him. A thought occured to me today, maybe the bad paint job is due to the way they were cranking them out to begin with and now they've slowed down production to get better paint jobs. Well here's to hoping anyways.

If Dragon/DML produced mediocre paint apps like that they'd be run out of town.

Or course Dragon is never trying to match an actor in a film either. They can always say that the way it ends up is the way it was intended all along.

His legs are too short.

Mortar Conn said:
The face painting is a damn shame. If Dragon/DML produced mediocre paint apps like that they'd be run out of town.

Dragon headpaints aren't anything special, and quite a few of them are pretty bad.

JustinLuck said:
Can Sideshow explain why they decided to go darker with the hair and lips? Was it really that much cheaper to go this route?

They did it so you would keep making posts about it.

The figure is shipping.

Move on man, just move on.

pjam said:
If CustomMikey repaints his, I'll be interested in seeing it.

I'd want to see pics of the repaint before I'd start saying his would automaticaly be better.

EVILFACE said:
His legs are too short.

Dragon headpaints aren't anything special, and quite a few of them are pretty bad.

The figure is shipping.

I'd want to see pics of the repaint before I'd start saying his would automaticaly be better.

I have to agree on all points.

While I don't think we should "move on" as I like the discussion, I also don't think it's neccesary to take Sideshow to task for giving us a figure that looks phenominal, even though it's not as good as the proto. But you can't really expect it to be. The proto is a hand-painted piece. Probably done by their in-house painter, and not by the anonymous factory workers, so the quality is bound to be better.

Of all the companies, I never particularly liked Dragon's stuff. All their faces look stoned.

I'm going to try my hand at repainting a Hasbro Anakin head, to see what the Sideshow one might look like. I know it's a different sculpt, but the paints would be about the same.

EVILFACE said:
His legs are too short.

The figure is shipping.

I hear ya, but I'm talking about a "correction" if I can say that, not a full on repaint and only the eyebrows, hair and lips if it can be done well. The eyes look phenomenal and I have no probs with the face.

While it might not be perfect the more and more I see it this figure looks like a winner. Some things I'd like to have seen different but really I'm happy with the overall end to this.

While perhaps the paint apps don't look QUITE as stellar in the production version as what we saw in the proto, the costume looks AMAZING, and overall the figure looks GREAT! There's a fantastic photo on the RS boards that shows what a moot point this argument actually is...Just compare the SS Anakin to the Hasblow version!!!
------------------------------

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
While it might not be perfect the more and more I see it this figure looks like a winner. Some things I'd like to have seen different but really I'm happy with the overall end to this.

Ditto. Super excited. Can't wait to get him!

Indiana Fett said:
While perhaps the paint apps don't look QUITE as stellar in the production version as what we saw in the proto, the costume looks AMAZING, and overall the figure looks GREAT! There's a fantastic photo on the RS boards that shows what a moot point this argument actually is...Just compare the SS Anakin to the Hasblow version!!!
------------------------------

Yup....this shows SS superior product quality!! I still don't see anything wrong with this figure. I think he looks just perfect the way he is.

carbo-fation said:
Yup....this shows SS superior product quality!! I still don't see anything wrong with this figure. I think he looks just perfect the way he is.

...And for kicks, a GREAT closeup shot of Anakin's head from the production version (also from the RS boards)...The lips may look a tiny bit glossy/ruby red and the hair...arguably a little dark...but it still looks REALLY cool. And I don't know what the complaint about the eyes is? They look FANTASTIC IMO. This makes me excited to see the figure in person, so SS...Feel free to send it to me anytime! :D
------------------------

Last edited:
All I'm going to say, even though I have enjoyed this discussion, is that I'm not worried at all. Never was, and probably won't be.....unless the shipping gets screwed up. I still thoroughly enjoy the paint job and compared to Hasblow's Anakin, looks great!:D

Back