Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
Great photos Dusty! Love the outdoor shots. Now, what do you think of his lips? :D

You know, the lips don't bother me... the only thing that bothers me (just a tad) are the thick eyebrows. But Dave promises me that is an easy fix... right Dave? :emperor

Last edited:
It's the details of the lightsabers that I find the most amazing. I can't wait to see Obi-Wan's.

Yep, the eyebrows and lips seem to be fairly easy repaints. Just lighten them both up. Funny, I had to do the same thing with Mulder as soon as I got him. Same factory perhaps?

Agent0028 said:
It's the details of the lightsabers that I find the most amazing. I can't wait to see Obi-Wan's.

Yeah, me too. I've been getting into the lightsaber prop replicas a lot the last few months and Sideshow appears to have nailed things.

I'm glad to hear that the saber attaches well. I'm very curious to check that out for myself. I can't imagine it locks in there like a real covertec belt clip. Or can it?

My question: How did Dusty pass on the Jedi Luke figure?

Personally, I think it's impressive that a Sideshow rep is willing to be honest and critical of their own company's product. It really elevates their individual credibility and the credibility of the company as a whole. So I say "kudos" to Dusty!!

pjam said:
Kudos on a great figure nonetheless, costuming detail is extraordinary.

Yeah, I was drooling when I read that they decided to set the bar high by using real leather on the accessories! This is enough to overlook the glossy lips.

Good Interview. They really do care which is why I just shake my head when folks start freaking out. It's like folks I'm sure if some are unhappy SS is also and you would know this if you have been dealing with them for any amount of time.

First PIX of ANAKIN...

Anakinfullpost.jpg

Close up of head...

AnakinCUpost.jpg

Not great pictures yet -- these were just the first I took before my battery died.

My review:

As with Luke, in person Anakin is MUCH better. The hair has texture in the paint -- dark brown base with flecks of lighter brown. Looks great. The eyebrows are also not that bad -- they are also flecked with a lighter brown for texture. The lips aren't perfect (yes, they are too dark) but they are far better than I was expecting, better than my picture shows. The worse part is that they are so heavily glossed they look like lipstick -- a little brushing with some dullcoat will set them right. The skin tone is nice and flat like on Luke. The scar on the eye is there and not overdone but a little fainter than I would like. And the two "little nicks" on the left side of his face are almost lost in the paint -- you have to look really close to see them. But the eyes themselves are great, very clean and with an intense stare.

The outfit is GREAT. No surprise. The leather belt looks better in person, the boots are great, and the material they've used for the cloth tunic is perfect. The black leather material is also awesome, this time better than the proto pix. The belt pouches look good, but they're a little oversized and simply hang on the belt without hooks or snaps so be careful if you turn him upside-down. The extras also look great but I haven't tried them out yet. I love the robot arm! The Sidi-Holo is pretty cool too, oversized but cool.

Overall -- I'm stoked!

:D

Thanks Wor-Gar for the nice pics and great reviews! It's good to hear about this figure from someone from this board and you have made me go faint with anticipation for my Anakin!

A quick couple more PIX with robotic arm...

Anifullpost.jpg

Anifullpost2.jpg

Note the hair color with slight lighting change...in the first picture you can almost see the lighter texture... Now the FACE!

AniCUpost.jpg

AniCUpost2.jpg

There you go!

NOTE: When posing the gloved arm be careful as it pops off rather easily -- that's why I switched to the robotic arm here.

Back