Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, if you read the article in the Sideshow in CNN thread, Sideshow states that their figures are more meant for looking nice on display, and while the design of the gauntlet is a bit limiting, the details are nicely capture and on display he looks great.

oh well......... i soppose that with some minor surgery I can still do what i want.
Think I'll try changing the pose on the mechano-arm first though.

Ya, if you read the article in the Sideshow in CNN thread, Sideshow states that their figures are more meant for looking nice on display, and while the design of the gauntlet is a bit limiting, the details are nicely capture and on display he looks great.

U got a point there maulfan, no doubt the figs look nice when on display :) very nice..Oh well, if they didnt want to disturb the look, they could have included a open handed glove hand or what:D

I remember someone on here removing the glove and stuffing the shirt inside it and plopping it back.. I wanna say it was Anzik Hayes, but I am not sure.

I'm resurrecting this thread for my Revenge Of The Jedi pic:

DSCN0060.jpg

I just got a Luxeon torch...it's really bright...

Normally you can't see too much of Anakin on my shelf, as he's cast in shadow :)D), but you shine the torch and those Sith eyes glow...

I wish I had Sith Eyes...

I finally got some time to paint Darren Carnall's excellent resculpt of the Anakin head. It really saved the figure for me, since I had trouble seeing the likeness in the old sculpt. I'm very happy with my Anakin now. I think it rivals the upcoming PF in terms of likeness.

anakin_repaint1.jpg

anakin_repaint2.jpg

anakin_repaint3.jpg

anakin_repaint4.jpg

Must be something in the air ? I've been working on my Anakin today. Love those repaints boys, very well done !

I haven't repainted the face yet, not enough courage, but I have repainted the boots and glove their proper shades of Brown , replaced his baggy pants with a pair from a Sideshow Oz figure and totally revamped his belt. I've made some new tabards and added more length to them so that they look more like the movie costume. I'm also in the process of putting together a new outer tunic in a dark brown crinkle gauze too.

Sure has been a busy day ! :lol

I know a lot of you guys aren't afraid to mess with your dol-figures... ;)
but for the rest who may be squeamish, this tutorial should help...

Anakin Arm Fix

Back