Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to be on the "commission" list for any heads. Even a an aging Arnold might be cool. I also put the "snitch" on "Ignore", I would advise everyone do the same.
NE2fnAaq8v5g48_1_2.jpg

Doubt anyone will raise a stink for a very limited private commission of an extra head for a licensed piece. The head alone is worthless without the rest.

Anyhow, I am curious what a commisionned frazetta or buscema head would look like on this. Might make me dive later on.

Nice to hear voices of reason.

Goddamnit....

How wide is this thing. Would it fit in a pax? The damn thing is growing on me and the thought of a Frazetta head is sealing the deal.

Goddamnit....

How wide is this thing. Would it fit in a pax? The damn thing is growing on me and the thought of a Frazetta head is sealing the deal.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Look at post 1525 on page 153. I don't have a pax but I posted the measurements I took at the con, maybe that will help.

Last edited:
Wow, I was absent for a while and what had happened to one of my favorite topic of forum? When I was reading some critics, I just realized how some people could be so rude! I am a graphic designer and we first learned how to take critique and later on how to educate or instruct our customers cause our eyes and brain have been trained for that particular job. Guys you have to know that TASTE is not something natural but something CULTURAL! So when you are discussing something, you have to be very careful cause your taste is a means of how you have comprehensive knowledge of the subject and if you don't it show you have no class! Please read Immanuel Kant's aesthetic theory!!!
Now who do you think you are? Are you a sculptor? Do you take any lessons about human anatomy or drawing classes about it? Do you have enough knowledge about colors? Do you even know which colors have to be mixed to create a human flesh tone? Or how many of you take drama lessons to tell a story?
Please be reasonable when you are criticising someones work if you don't be a part of the business! We are collectors not artists and let me say that in every art form speculation determines the price!
I love that Conan diorama further if you can't see the improvement of ARH's 2014 works, maybe you need to check your eyes to a doctor! I am very happy to purchase Conan even it will be hard for me to pay the total price but at the end I believe I have the ultimate Conan depiction statue just after CS Moore's Frazetta...
At last sorry for my english, I don't know if I make myself clear or not:)

Yeah all you uneducated rubes...you dont like this because you havent sat in a college class and studied about why you should like this!

While I do like this, and think some of the criticism is not actually targeted and therefor harsh, I used to watch that painting guy with the fro on PBS so I have standing to comment.

The biggest issue for me comes down to $. I want a Conan, and like the dio, but its an awful lot to commit to this piece and there is a flood of Conan options atm.

I measured it from snake coil to snake coil when I was at the NYCC and gave those measurements back on page 90 post 898.
Approximately: 29" Depth(where the coils stick out) x 24" Length(from snake tail to front of base) x 25" Height(from bottom to tip of the Axe handle).

So wait... if I want to display it sideways so I see the girl, conan and the snake from the side, is it 29" or 24" ?

I suppose I could shove it at a slight angle if it is 29.

So wait... if I want to display it sideways so I see the girl, conan and the snake from the side, is it 29" or 24" ?

I suppose I could shove it at a slight angle if it is 29.

If you want to display it that way (girl on left Conan middle snake on right) the shelf depth would need to be minimum 24" and 29" long.

If you want to display it that way (girl on left Conan middle snake on right) the shelf depth would need to be minimum 24" and 29" long.

An angle it is... won't see the snakes face though... hmmm. Could always put a mirror in back. Wish I could do away with the girl and that section entirely. Only really care for Conan and the snake.

An angle it is... won't see the snakes face though... hmmm. Could always put a mirror in back. Wish I could do away with the girl and that section entirely. Only really care for Conan and the snake.

You will get a nice profile of the snake. I gotta say I've seen this in person and it is awesome impressive to me and that's the same angle I am going to display it at.

In my opinion this piece shouldn't display in a shelf of besta or whatever. That has to be something special...

It's a quick example which I would like to display Conan like this:

oJrHZBo.jpg

I have a 14 month old daughter who will soon be walking around. I need to keep things where she won't be able to get to it.

In my opinion this piece shouldn't display in a shelf of besta or whatever. That has to be something special...

It's a quick example which I would like to display Conan like this:

oJrHZBo.jpg

That's about right as far as scale
This would be a real nice display

Back