Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one freaky statue lol! Jack the ripper as well. Too damn scary!! :monkey3

Yeah, Jack is way too much for me as well. I can appreciate the Cthulhu mythos, but I don't want to look at it on my shelf like that.

As Colossus says, timing will be everything regarding whether or not I order Gallevarbe. I am already looking at her and thinking of sculpting over the "wound" areas on her tail, clipping off those two dead bodies at her side, removing the third one hanging face-down under her tail, re-sculpting those fin-ridges holding him and subtly recoloring and glossing everything to make it look more wet and just.... prettier. The skulls and bones on the base can stay, Im just not wild about dead human bodies and me looking at them EVERY DAY.

As I look at the piece I can just see areas that could use patterning, and what about iridescent paint THERE, and what if, what if.... I love this pose, and I don't mind her scary or evil, I just want her more.... lovely. Also, we have a clearly-demarcated waterline, yet nothing underneath it looks shiny or wet. What? No gloss will make a rework easier, but it just seems strange to me that they overlooked that.

So if PO goes up and release date is not too close to Machiko's, AND she's not like $600 - I might just have to venture into the uncertain waters of Expensive Customization. [I'm definitely keeping Machiko tho. She'll be great right out the box.]

and Jack is not mine but Generals Death well that is another story

You own the Reaper General?! Gratz, I hear he is commanding ferocious prices on the secondary market.

[I never sell stuff like that, I just enjoy knowing that something I own is that much wanted by so many others.] Ok, someone is going to complain that we are off topic in 3, 2, 1...... :cool:

God, I love everything about that evil mermaid! I will be throwing whatever amount of money they want for her, and the rest of the line.

off-the-rails-o.gif

Thats one freaky statue lol! Jack the ripper as well. Too damn scary!! :monkey3

:horror

You own the Reaper General?! Gratz, I hear he is commanding ferocious prices on the secondary market.

[I never sell stuff like that, I just enjoy knowing that something I own is that much wanted by so many others.] Ok, someone is going to complain that we are off topic in 3, 2, 1...... :cool:

No my Friend I do not own him, I was just eluding to that I want to but that's a nice thought

God, I love everything about that evil mermaid! I will be throwing whatever amount of money they want for her, and the rest of the line.

Good, Good, let the Darks side draw you in :lol

That mermaid is to scary for my collection

:horror

Switching back on track, I know all this Darkness and Mermaids made you doubt Reality :lol:lol:lol So are you getting Machiko? I do not recall my Friend.

Be Cool my Friends
Al

Better definitely

But the netting is what sets her apart. Think of how many bikini-clad statues are out there - just about everyone is wearing a bikini variant, with lots of bare skin showing. There isn't another statue that I am aware of with netting like this. Its still really cool without, no doubt, but the netting is what most clearly links her to the Predators....

You tempted to get this or you more of a figure collector?
I'm much less of a figure collector as of late. I cared very little for the last few HT figures I received, despite them being of great quality. For some reason figures just don't seem to appeal to me nearly as much as they used to.

Statues and prop replicas are my main focus right now.

This statue is definitely on my list, after the two alien LSB's, the CoolProps Gort bio and the Prometheus engineer maquette. Once I find the $1500 to purchase those, I'll worry about Machiko. :lol

Decided to treat myself to the Ex direct.
Hoping for no delays as this will be an awesome Birthday present to myself.

wchbhz.gif

A nice little Irish Lotto win helped me decide :)

Back