Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She had a pistol/revolver in Prey before she joined a predator clan. After that I don't think she was scene with it again. When she joined the clan she had the normal predator weapons (ie wrist blades, plasma caster, combi-stick/glaive/naginata).

I believe she also used a "burner", which is a weapon introduced in the comics. It's basically a plasma caster in the form of a gun. That's what I would have loved as an exclusive.

It just occurred to me that she's wielding a burner on the cover to the AvP: War graphic novel.

Aliens_Predator_War_TPB.jpg

Oh, the EX did not detract from the piece at all; I was just "shoulda-coulda-woulda" thinking. This is probably one of the best sculpted statues I have seen in a very long time and right when I saw it the nostalgia of the character kicked in full-drive. I remember reading these books under my desk in high school way back in 1995.

The only thing that detracted me from getting the EX was knowing that I was going to drop several hundred $$$ extra to have a custom breastplate sculpted onto her and painted by a professional and wanting to avoid California's 9% sales tax. Gosh, I really hope the paint apps come out amazing because I don't want to drop another $100+ having her face painted as well. :pray:

That explains your reasoning my Friend, I wasn't trying to be intrusive as to why, so you are going for the original Comic look of Machiko? are you just going to add a Decorative Armor Plate to cover the Sternum and Heart or replace the entire Breast Covers with Chest Armor? and if you do (1) let me know if she is hiding anything :wink1: (2) or are you going to still retain something that would show the top portion of her Breasts like Toylion showed in this Pic below, try to focus on the Chest Armor, Kibishi :lol:lol:lol, Whew that said, I hope they don't screw up her face, I like it just the way it is but (and I know I am getting long winded on this this) are you going to retain the same look as Mark Newman portrayed her or are you going to bring out more of her Japanese Heritage?

one more thing, when you replace the Armor are you going to keep the Netting and if not let us know how hard it is to remove if we want later down the road.

248123d1279228559-umfrage-alien-vs-predator-femalepreddone7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Be Cool Kibishi
Al

The only thing that detracted me from getting the EX was knowing that I was going to drop several hundred $$$ extra to have a custom breastplate sculpted onto her and painted by a professional and wanting to avoid California's 9% sales tax. Gosh, I really hope the paint apps come out amazing because I don't want to drop another $100+ having her face painted as well. :pray:

So its not just me! I was considering trying to sculpt her a breastplate too, because one of my only quibbles with this figure is the bare sternum - when she fights creatures known to use their tails as stabbing weapons. That just does not make sense, except from an aesthetic standpoint.

I don't think it would be super-hard to do.

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

I think her face is stunning. Hope no one screws it up in production.
I also feel that she looks better without the netting, but again would like to see a painted version without netting to know one vs another... Right now i really hope no one screws up her face during production, thats my concern... She is really stunning and life like...

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here :duff

Seriously. Who thinks she look better without the netting.

Completely agree, I would much prefer it without the netting. However, even with the netting I still love it. I'm planning to preorder this at some stage but I've banned myself from making any more PO's before SDCC is over. I have too much on my plate already, so I want all the new reveals before making any more commitments.

Of course she is beautiful without the netting. But without, she joins the legion of sexy figures here just for their sexiness. There's millions of those.

With netting, one look tells you who she is affiliated with and what she does. It sets her apart. And so over here, the netting will be staying.

[That, and my fear of messing with a $400+ statue. I am cowardly like that.]

Of course she is beautiful without the netting. But without, she joins the legion of sexy figures here just for their sexiness. There's millions of those.

With netting, one look tells you who she is affiliated with and what she does. It sets her apart. And so over here, the netting will be staying.

I agree with that last statement, messing with a $400 statue scares me :lol:lol:lol

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

I really think the netting was a great idea although the way it connects at the top is a bit strange. I wouldn't even consider removing the netting from mine although i do appreciate why some are thinking of doing so.

I like her exactly as she is. :)

She is hott and of course with the netting she's an affiliate to preds around the world haha, and the base reminds me of the outer design at Disneys Splash Mountain! The main reason she's going home to many papas!! :clap

I am hoping the netting is not hard to remove so I can find better netting to install. Just don't care for how thick it looks or where it stops, none would be better, but I think with the correct kind it would look incredible.

I am hoping the netting is not hard to remove so I can find better netting to install. Just don't care for how thick it looks or where it stops, none would be better, but I think with the correct kind it would look incredible.

You have a point my Friend would you go larger or smaller in the netting? There is something that I have not seen anyone reference to is the netting has a another role, it is a place to hang small Trophy's, like you saw the Predator in the original movie

Al

There is something that I have not seen anyone reference to is the netting has a another role, it is a place to hang small Trophy's, like you saw the Predator in the original movie

Al

I always believed that the netting was linked to the cloaking system and gave it a foundation to bend light around to make the predator invisible. This is only my personal view and I don't recall and reference material to support this ( with the exception of my own warped imagination ) :)

I always believed that the netting was linked to the cloaking system and gave it a foundation to bend light around to make the predator invisible. This is only my personal view and I don't recall and reference material to support this ( with the exception of my own warped imagination ) :)
I think that's what most people thought until Predators came out.

Back