Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

I give up. We've all been prisoners to HTxIM for so long, and, well, I've developed Starkholm Syndrome. They better make Gary the Cameraman, and he better have an accurate Stark tattoo.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Oh, they will, don't worry. He'll be released before the Arkham City figures are even revealed.

Haha, you guys are still blaming Iron Man for this figure not being released? My guess is that they are struggling with some design aspect of the figure. He does have a pretty unique build in the game. Also the suit material will be causing some problems I would guess. Im pretty sure the team that works on the Iron Man figures is different to the team that would be looking at costume and body type for a figure like this.

Haha, you guys are still blaming Iron Man for this figure not being released? My guess is that they are struggling with some design aspect of the figure. He does have a pretty unique build in the game. Also the suit material will be causing some problems I would guess. Im pretty sure the team that works on the Iron Man figures is different to the team that would be looking at costume and body type for a figure like this.

Well, it's not just this figure. Iron Man is like the bane of Hot Toys collecting to everyone... except for Iron Man fans. Like you said, there are probably some other reasons for the delays, too. But, still, it shouldn't take them more than two years.

I give up. We've all been prisoners to HTxIM for so long, and, well, I've developed Starkholm Syndrome. They better make Gary the Cameraman, and he better have an accurate Stark tattoo.

Don't ever give up, batfan! If you give up, then all hope is truly lost :monkey2.

Yup, just saw that. I don't think it's possible to have liked the movie enough to want this figure.
Those who buys these don't even watch movies.

dinosaur.gif

cy-gif-2.gif

I don't think it's a suit issue. It could be made of the same materials as the other bat suits.

I don't think it's a suit issue. It could be made of the same materials as the other bat suits.

You mean rubber? Hell no.

It's not an issue with the figure, if it was there'd be all those other backlogged characters coming, but none of them are.

It's just Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers and round and round.

It's not an issue with the figure, if it was there'd be all those other backlogged characters coming, but none of them are.

It's just Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers and round and round.

Some figures have been backlogged but others have been released on or even ahead of schedule. Iron Man and Avengers figures didn't seem to delay the GI Joe releases. I don't get the argument.

As far as the multiple Iron Man releases go, I guess they are relatively easy to design and produce. They all share similar parts and mechanics.

Some people are saying that Howard Chan is ignoring Arkham City because he loves Marvel, which is ridiculous. That didn't stop the Amazing Spider-Man figure from being delayed, did it?

A lot of people are angry that the Professor Xavier figure has all but disappeared, but from a business standpoint, I'm not convinced he will sell that well. Hot Toys is a business after all. They already went so far as producing the James McAvoy head sculpt, so I wouldn't be surprised if its on the back burner waiting for Days of Future Past to stir up interest again.

Another point that people ignore (or are ignorant of) is that both Xbox and PS3 are illegal in China, and Batman and DC comics have next to no presence there, whereas the recent Marvel movies have been extremely successful.

It all comes down to business decisions, not Howard Chan's personal bias for Iron Man.

We know they are quite far along with the Arkham Joker however, and we saw shots of Batman's accessories a long time ago. They already put the time and money into developing these figures, there must be something else holding them up.

If it's an issue with the figure, I'm sure HT will publicly make a comment about that. No, it's simply because of the over saturation of the Iron Man figures. Good God, I casually enjoy Iron Man as much as the next guy, but I doubt these figures are going to be much worth 10, 15 years down the line. Wake up people.

Some figures have been backlogged but others have been released on or even ahead of schedule. Iron Man and Avengers figures didn't seem to delay the GI Joe releases. I don't get the argument.

As far as the multiple Iron Man releases go, I guess they are relatively easy to design and produce. They all share similar parts and mechanics.

Some people are saying that Howard Chan is ignoring Arkham City because he loves Marvel, which is ridiculous. That didn't stop the Amazing Spider-Man figure from being delayed, did it?

A lot of people are angry that the Professor Xavier figure has all but disappeared, but from a business standpoint, I'm not convinced he will sell that well. Hot Toys is a business after all. They already went so far as producing the James McAvoy head sculpt, so I wouldn't be surprised if its on the back burner waiting for Days of Future Past to stir up interest again.

Another point that people ignore (or are ignorant of) is that both Xbox and PS3 are illegal in China, and Batman and DC comics have next to no presence there, whereas the recent Marvel movies have been extremely successful.

It all comes down to business decisions, not Howard Chan's personal bias for Iron Man.

We know they are quite far along with the Arkham Joker however, and we saw shots of Batman's accessories a long time ago. They already put the time and money into developing these figures, there must be something else holding them up.

original9.gif

If it's an issue with the figure, I'm sure HT will publicly make a comment about that. No, it's simply because of the over saturation of the Iron Man figures. Good God, I casually enjoy Iron Man as much as the next guy, but I doubt these figures are going to be much worth 10, 15 years down the line. Wake up people.

:lecture :exactly:

The Iron Man line has already been over-saturated with figures, and Hot Toys has also re-released some. I doubt they'll be worth much in the future.

i80n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back