ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure it does. I've never seen it on any of the behind the scenes footage. The picture on the previous page seems to be a fan-made scabbard.

There’s a fan made scabbard and a picture of the movie prop. The scabbard has a lightly indented elvish looking pattern/rune on it at the very top and above the hunting knife section- both of which get obscured by the belt straps. It somewhat resembles the Evenstar so maybe that was Aragorn’s way of honouring Arwen before she gave him the actual jewel. It makes sense for him to have some
Elvish tributes though. I’ve got the United Cutlery replica and it’s there but would be very hard to spot if you’re not right in front of one.

He's up for order on the Asmus site now. Side glancing battle damaged head...a bold move. I think it looks good though! Boots are two piece as well thankfully.
917ba85c9ca49991108ef8d04bc3b6d1.jpg
2287492232b6d51801a5881bf29d229e.jpg
2fbc5a57e15df11b75fb75879e388bee.jpg
edd7169dcc7f02aacec732b8051a05fb.jpg
807c08fe3e45d68f4699eec40f1757d7.jpg
b5e46db56be1e7106b311e0deeba2a04.jpg
1e6b6590e6b6d6a01c9b9803c370949f.jpg
9065ca36bab9b76632afd1a9c468824e.jpg
f08ea8e96dcc8f523abea6592883b0d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Here's the deluxe version wgich includes the diorama and undamaged head and is a whopping $289 compared to the regular which is $195.
84c02f4c6ad39a32619e70914e686068.jpg
491ddf77962ec71f81610b6318c37100.jpg
89c822117898953de1fb3322cc03f47c.jpg
ef58ef19fce07f6c7a8d950156cf87c2.jpg
0eab044de6bfdb0ade6fcfd1d09f5238.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I do wish I knew how this head looked in hand as to whether I want to once again replace my old Aragorn head with yet another.

But at this moment, I'm considering the single (regular).

Asmus, can't we have some genuine in hand pictures of the head in someone's hand like JC Hong does? Just simple, no background or photoshop.

Those two listings are a little confusing. The regular version has both heads pictured but you only get the battle damaged head. The exclusive only shows the front facing clean head but also comes with the side glance battle damaged head. Very strange.

I preordered the deluxe with stand. It’s my first Aragorn and that stand is really nice. Plus having an extra head seems useful.

Those two listings are a little confusing. The regular version has both heads pictured but you only get the battle damaged head. The exclusive only shows the front facing clean head but also comes with the side glance battle damaged head. Very strange.

Yeah, its a mess and you can bet people will complain that they saw both heads available in pictures.

Asmus, you better hurry to fix that. You know us Americans.

Whats with the hair line? Faramir has the same thing. I still think the slim looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well suddenly I’m thinking I don’t really need to pay 90 bucks extra for some generic pillar and another head which I still can’t decide if I’d want to put on my rooted Slim Strider.
That’s the problem with con/reveal months; too much stuff comes out all at once so when I’d usually just go for the deluxe- because why the hell not?- now I’m faced with a whole array of products that catch my fancy but devour my budget so I have to actually exercise some restraint and make judgement calls. I was ready to drop $200 on this guy so I guess that means regular version it is.
I like to ‘damaged’ head a lot more anyways. The side-glancing eyes really work for it and that’s the perfect look for how I wanted to display him just after the wall is breached and he leads the elves into battle on the ground. That seems to be the exact moment this sculpt was made for.

First definite pass on an Asmus rings figure for me. I have every one they have released up til this...NO WAY im spending my hard earned dollars for that ,
what a let down (for me anyway).
:thud:

It doesn't help to see the Asmus site selling figures at a discount -- especially one I just bought 3 months ago for $50 less.

And to top it off, I just got another one of those Order Detail emails from Asmus saying I'm unpaid on the Twilight Witchking that I paid for 4 months ago and have had on the shelf for 3 months since. :slap

I don't know about this price..I might just get the non deluxe version I don't feel like the diorama( which will not fit in my display) and the headsculpt is worth $90. Heck I don't think the non deluxe is worth $195.00. If I had the slim version I would probably stick with it and save some money.

This is all around disappointing. $289 for a second sculpt and a pillar. Like Wor-Gar, I wasn't sure if I had to replace my previous figure's head sculpt yet again but at $289, forget about it. The regular release is fine but it was the addition of the second sculpt that had me seriously considering ordering yet another Aragorn.

I think I'll just wait for the inevitable Black Friday sale or next year's ComicCon special and pick up the regular or deluxe for considerably less. (I should have done the same with Eomer, Theoden, WiKi, and Elrond, it seems...)

:gah:

I've got Crown Gandalf, Faramir and Galadriel on pre-order. I've got a funny feeling that I should have waited on those as well... :slap

Back