Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look AMAZING in that pic!!! here it is for all...
image.jpg

I swear Tauriel looks like a vampire there or even a zombie. I hope those are just shadows around the eyes.

The standard Aragorn head sculpt looks good but the extra one looks shocking. Yes it's a bad angle but the sculpt is clearly cone headed.

Yea even I have to admit that's a little bad. Below the eyes it's not too bad but that heads pretty high. I did see a pic where it doesn't look quite as bad because it's more straight on. I wonder how hard it would be to take the hair off and cut some off of the head if it's too late to change it?
image.jpg

Yeah the boots look great. I am not a huge fan of hard plastic boots so these are a big plus in my book as long as the ankle joints are good and not loose.

What's the purpose of asmus coming here asking for feedback when one of the main one is ignored.
After all the feedback, he still looks like a conehead.
Good gosh that's atrocious.
If you crop the image to just above the eyebrows, its a not a bad sculpt. But did no one in asmus look at that and thought...hmmm, we really gotta fix that forehead.

Geez.

ab44f3a89b6c8d10b8f08717c9771153_zps8huxmout.jpg

Yea even I have to admit that's a little bad. Below the eyes it's not too bad but that heads pretty high. I did see a pic where it doesn't look quite as bad because it's more straight on. I wonder how hard it would be to take the hair off and cut some off of the head if it's too late to change it?
View attachment 210072

Maybe they could sculpt a small piece of hair and just glue it in the gap. That would be easy even post production.

Everything else about that Aragorn display looks really good. I love the pose they have him in and the use of the beautiful display base is perfect. Just the head sculpt needs work. Lower hair line and it would be a stellar figure.

Yeah the forehead or conehead is very noticeable.
Everything else looks amazing.love that base too.
Wow..I may need to drop other stuff to grab these figures.

In this picture (which is not distorted) he looks much better. It's possible we need more pictures to confirm. If his head really is that oblong it has to be fixed.

Aragorn2.jpg

Ironically, Asmus originally had the head sculpt nailed. I wonder what the final alternate portrait will look like, as I really want to have a usable battle cry sculpt. Aragorn Head Sculpt.jpg

In this picture (which is not distorted) he looks much better. It's possible we need more pictures to confirm. If his head really is that oblong it has to be fixed.

View attachment 210273

Is that the regular head or the screaming head? It looks like the regular head. I only ask because the regular head doesn't appear to suffer from coneheadedness based on the nonsolohobby.com picture posted earlier.

It looks like the mouth is completely closed on that one, so that would be the regular head.

Yeah, I say screaming head, but it looks like that's been revised so that the mouth is only open a little, so there's less facial differentiation between the two heads from a distance assuming that this is the second sculpt now:

And now that I'm looking at it again, the head shape probably comes off as being taller than it really is because he's looking down in this picture; it's probably fine if you look directly at the face.

Back