Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I say screaming head, but it looks like that's been revised so that the mouth is only open a little, so there's less facial differentiation between the two heads from a distance assuming that this is the second sculpt now:

And now that I'm looking at it again, the head shape probably comes off as being taller than it really is because he's looking down in this picture; it's probably fine if you look directly at the face.

Yes. The first image I posted should be the regular head, and the slight open mouth would be the alternate. If you combine the fact that there are some tilted head issues we may be in good shape overall.

5ae0d1075dd5884246635820ec3756fa.jpg
It's starting to look miles away from this. What a shame :(

That huge lump on the exceptionally high forehead on the figure above is definitely not present in this image. This is starting to look like a major fail for Asmus, but I hope I'm wrong :\
35aab56ca60c311e9c1281b74196fdc2.jpg

I wanted Aragorn to be my first figure until they turned him into one of the Coneheads

I will be passing period on all of this line now

Im so excited for this figure, but its had a cone shaped head fron start to finish, why oh why, we will never know until its in hand. I laugh, but really shouldnt, oh well no changing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the thing that throws off the likeness of the spare sculpt is the teeth. They look llike dentures. Viggo has a lot of character in his teeth, gaps, points etc.

I don't know if it's cool me stealing these images but they can be shared of FB so I imagine they can be shared here. Even though the likeness is not as close as I would like it I am fine with both sculpts. They both look better here I think. I actually think the open mouth sculpts looks a bit more like Viggo then the other.
Aragorn.jpg
Aragorn1.jpg

Attachments

• Aragorn1.jpg
    Aragorn1.jpg
    58.8 KB
Last edited:
Okay, the last two pictures should show that the conehead issue has to be a problem with the picture itself. The last picture is coneheaded whereas the second is not. It looks like the last picture has been elongated.

The angle of that the photo was taking is making it look worse. I still don't think the sculpt on the second head is great, but it isn't nearly as bad as what we were first worried it was going to be. The regular one looks pretty good to me, still not perfect like Saruman is, but good.

Back