Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my beautiful viggo! what have they done to you! lol oh man. this is not good. so far, bard is the best. even my hopes for tauriel are gone. oh well, back to star wars :)

my beautiful viggo! what have they done to you! lol oh man. this is not good. so far, bard is the best. even my hopes for tauriel are gone. oh well, back to star wars :)

Enjoy your hoard of Stormtroopers! 3 or 4 more up for pre-order today? Yikes!

Yeah, this Strider Aragorn was always a wait-and-see figure for me only because I still have the Sideshow one and, even though it hardly holds up to today, it may not need a full replacement at this point. I might simply wait for the Asmus Elessar figure.

It seems that Asmus has made great strides in improving their sculpts with their new factory based on Saruman and Gandalf; perhaps Aragorn is the last of the older sculpts.

Or perhaps this is simply an older "show figure" that is making the Convention circuit.

Still hoping it looks closer to this...

11336902_10152760547331968_7613868439077764084_o.jpg

Trying to remain positive, but these new show pics are starting to worry me. Aragorn seems to be getting worse in the headsculpt department rather than better. Gandalf too to an extent. The rooted hair needs to go away on him, its just not working with his hair type and style. I trust these are still prototypes and things will get corrected, but the ape head on Aragorn is very troubling. Way too much head above the eyes. From the eyes down, the sculpt looks decent. They could really just cut a layer out of the forehead and drop things down a bit and it would probably look a lot better.

The clothing and weathering all looks great, so that is something to be thankful for at least.

I agree with Buttmunch, from the eyes down is great, above that the head reaches for the skies.
Asmus can the hair be removed so we can sand down the skull? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back