Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue. Thanks to the fact they were being unloaded by so many and for so cheap at one point, I have at least two of all of them if not three or four. I even gave a set of Strider, Legolas and Boromir to my son and he is only 7. I would check eBay if I were you and see if any are being bid on. My guess is the man-sized figures are probably going for around $35, hobbits and Gandalf might be in a lot higher demand maybe $75-$85? Again those are wild guesses based on infrequent searches on eBay.

At SDCC this year there were multiple vendors with the whole line. Most of the figures were $20-35. Frodo was $45 and Gandalf was between $55-65.

I was tempted but then I looked at them closely and immediately put them back on the shelf. Even at $20 it wasn't worth the space they take up to me. Gimli looked better than some of them, Gandalf being probably the best. Legolas and Faromir I think might be the worst of the lot.

Gimli? They never made him.

Makes sense, eBay tends to run high on a lot of items because the audience is much larger so the chances of finding someone who really wants it is better.

Sideshow flex payment schedule has him shipping in November.

But, as we all, know, that can be slippery ...

(FYI: Their flex schedule also has Bard, Tauriel, Saruman and Mouth of Sauron shipping in November, too. I'm expecting at least a few of them to slip to Dec/Jan.)

I seem to remember they said starting with a certain figure possibly Aragorn that the factory was guaranteeing delivery dates. Based on the month delay from overseas release to arrival in the States I think all of them may slip from November.

In case anyone was concerned about body issues like those that Bard has (wrists), I heard from Asmus and they sent along a photo of the new body being used starting with Aragorn. Normal removable wrist pegs.

In case anyone was concerned about body issues like those that Bard has (wrists), I heard from Asmus and they sent along a photo of the new body being used starting with Aragorn. Normal removable wrist pegs.

That's excellent news! I love that they keep making strides and improvements.

I wonder if they might consider selling/offering some swap-out forearms for Bard. I've got some knock-off bodies in my parts bin, but I'd rather not waste a whole body just for the forearms.

Gimli? They never made him.

Makes sense, eBay tends to run high on a lot of items because the audience is much larger so the chances of finding someone who really wants it is better.

Sorry, Gimli was the Toy Biz one.. same deal, they had those there too... he was $25 at one booth, looked like crap.

We have shipped over half of Aragorn this week.

It is expected to be all shipped by the end of this month.

aa.jpg

QQ??20151012120437.jpg

Have to start keeping an eye on Ebay. You can usually see first production images there from people breaking them down and selling parts.

I will need to avoid eBay so I don't give in to impatience and buy another one. I already have one commuted order and a second one on order from bbts in case the second head sculpt turns out good enough to warrant being displayed.

At SDCC this year there were multiple vendors with the whole line. Most of the figures were $20-35. Frodo was $45 and Gandalf was between $55-65.

I was tempted but then I looked at them closely and immediately put them back on the shelf. Even at $20 it wasn't worth the space they take up to me. Gimli looked better than some of them, Gandalf being probably the best. Legolas and Faromir I think might be the worst of the lot.

If there was a Gimli, then that wasn't SSC's line. Maybe it was Toybiz or something.

Back