Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to decide if I want to order this only because I have the sideshow statue and the premium format but I do think this figure looks great.

DSC06309.jpg
DSC06310.jpg
DSC06313.jpg
DSC06330.jpg
DSC06334.jpg
DSC06355.jpg
DSC06358.jpg

I'm still trying to decide if I want to order this only because I have the sideshow statue and the premium format but I do think this figure looks great.

I have the PF, the statue, ACI and SS's. In my opinion Asmus' is worth picking up. Overall I really like the figure and with that base it is like having a mini-poseable PF. I reall need to carve out the time to post some pictures.

I only want one Aragorn (to replace my old Sideshow version), and I decided to go with Asmus. I just think it will go better with my current LOTR figures, which are all from Asmus.

Anyway, I'll soon see...

I think you chose wisely. I do not like rooted hair but I am actually really impressed with ACI's Aragorn and I do like the figure but it does not fit in well with the others. On its own or posed battling one of the Nazgul or their villains ACI's hold his own and looks good but standing him next to Asmus' makes him look very doll-like in my opinion and he starts to stand out in a bad way.

Idly enough the second sculpt might be growing on me. When my second one arrives I am going to try it out and see if I can find a pose that works. I am not holding my breath though.

Sorry for spamming this up with pictures guys. Just tried to take as many different pics of his face under different shadows. Its all house hold tungsten lighting so he looks more yellow and smooth then he should. Pics are nothing special , no photo shop or careful lighting. Good raw shots!. There is so much fine detail on the face its incredible, pores, wrinkles. It's hot toys standard, if not better! My only complaint, and its more QC, is some of the brown paint from the hair is on the side of his scalp. Anyone know how to remove this safely? Now time to put him away for Christmas.:lol

Thanks for the pics...they're very reassuring. It almost looks like Asmus did a running change and modified the hairpiece on the default sculpt to expose a broader area of the forehead.

The face is not that bad, thanks for the pics. I notice when i put my finger over the picture and cover the lips he looks way more like Aragorn. I think the lips and hair needed a little more work. Looking at the pics, glad I'm getting mines soon.

I'm probably one of the only ones who still thinks this doesn't look very good. I just feel like his face is kind of droopy. Aragorn in 20 years or something...if this was an unlicensed figure for less $$ I would be stoked with it though so I'm probably just being unreasonably harsh.
Off course I won't know until it's in hand. Some figures look so much better in person so it's hard to judge from photos! Here's hoping this is one of those better in person figures!

Looking at the picks from drfeelgood, i think the sculpt is fantastic. The fore head is fine, i think the cone head look is exacerbated by the shape of the hair; like flyandflight said some strand falling over the forehead would have helped. It's really the hair that lets down the sculpt in my view.

Back