Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are few more... Trying to screw around with the phone settings to get better pics... my office is dark.

20170201_120724_HDR.jpg

20170201_120731_HDR.jpg

20170201_120809_HDR.jpg

Great shots, Travis! I think I'm going to have to steal that over-the-shoulder double sword pose for my display.

Glad to hear you like him in-hand. Very happy to have one headed my way!

I paid within minutes of getting the invoice but didn't get a tracking number. Hopefully, he's headed to my door now ...

Mine did arrive today and I'm really pleased with him. Glad I got the staff with him, since I think that is how I'm going to pose him. I agree with pretty much everything Travis said about him. He is a great figure with just a few small nitpicks. My biggest complaint is probably how loose the swords are when he holds them. They don't fall out of his hand, but they are hard to get posed right since they wobble around. Overall one of Asmus's better figures.

DSCN8840.JPG

Thanks to all posting pics!!!! Come on BBTS! What a beautiful fig, doesn't sound like any issues you wouldn't run into on an HT - can't wait!!!:clap

Great shots, Travis! I think I'm going to have to steal that over-the-shoulder double sword pose for my display.

Glad to hear you like him in-hand. Very happy to have one headed my way!

I paid within minutes of getting the invoice but didn't get a tracking number. Hopefully, he's headed to my door now ...

Great minds must think alike because I instantly came to the same conclusion about the pose. Its just perfect.

Had a slip from the post office waiting for me when I got home from work last night and went in and picked him up this morning!

I only had a few minutes to give him a quick once-over before work, but overall, I'm very happy with this guy! Looks very nice in hand and his color scheme should really pop on my shelves. (Love that spangly purple snakeskin!)

I only have a few little issues that don't bother me overmuch but are probably worth mentioning. The hair on mine is cut at a sharp angle in the back. So it's shorter on one side than the other. It's noticeable if you're looking at him from behind, but it won't be a problem when I display him. I may give him a trim to even it out, though.

Also, I echo Travis' comment about the floppy hand armor pieces. One of mine is very loose and hangs off to the side. It's probably something I can futz when I have more time to work with him, but it's puzzling why they didn't just make that armor piece a permanent part of the hand sculpt. If it was just a part of the sculpt rather than a separate piece, there would be no issue. But, like I said, that's a minor nit.

I really love the fallen pillar base. (I'm a sucker for environment bases.) But I was having a tough time getting him situated on it. The support post for the crotch cradle seems to be angled oddly. Though, I may just be doing it wrong. Like I said, I didn't have much time to fiddle with him.

But overall, I really like this figure! Solid likeness, excellent outfit work, good use of real hair, and the body has solid joints and good proportions. Happy to welcome him into my Middle Earth collection! Nice work, Asmus!

Last edited:
Can I assume that the hair can actually cover the ears? Most of the time his ears are just poking through his hair or are completely covered. I don't like the pushed back look.

Can I assume that the hair can actually cover the ears? Most of the time his ears are just poking through his hair or are completely covered. I don't like the pushed back look.

I think you can get it to cover the ears pretty well and look better, but it would take some futzing. The hair is kind of stiff toward the back of the head due to something put in it to keep it in place, so you would have to work with it some.

Got mine today - really really happy with it. Asmus did a first class job all the way. The likeness is amazing and that double sword pose really makes it very fluid. This is a real artsy piece and I love the foundation piece he is perched upon.

I had a bit more time with him last night. The cape is heavy but cool, I don't quite have the hair the way I want it but it is more along the lines of what I am looking for. Very cool figure.

med_wide_front.jpg

wide_straighton.jpg

closeup_front01.jpg

closeandlow.jpg

close_swipe.jpg

closeandhigh.jpg

wide_low.jpg

close_3quarters.jpg

Just got mine and wow! Will comb the hair better tonight and take better pics.

16508318_10154105075682441_8431514264850054980_n.jpg
16508973_10154105075697441_3607380710489750018_n.jpg
16640661_10154105075447441_426135543928802346_n.jpg
16649177_10154105075417441_3621374097540244347_n.jpg

The hair on yours looks great. What did you do? Extensions?

Released the top of the hair by ungluing the crown on both sides. Then i dipped the head in hot water for a minute.

After that, you can pretty much do what you want with the hair.

That looks awesome, Dresky! A complete transformation. Even the smallest mod can change the course of the figure.

Back