Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's new to me aswell. Good alternate scene....although I don't know what would happen immediately after it what with Thanos being right there. Was the screen just going to flash to Clint waking up elsewhere with the Soul Stone?

Anyway, that just reminded me how good we had it with these films. They must be due for a rewatch, been a couple of years probably.

Yeah I assume that Clint would have been whisked safely away to the same pool with the Soul Stone since he's the one who made the sacrifice, so to speak.

The final version will always be solid but I actually think I like the alternate version more for the added tension and letting BW go out in more of a blaze of glory.

And yeah, the Infinity Saga will always make the 2010's a special time for event cinema.

Thanks for posting Khev I've not seen that before. I think I prefer it as well. Does it lessen her sacrifice or the emotion behind it... I think not. Did we really need to actually see Clint and Natasha fight it out to be the sacrifice when we know from that dialogue that they both intend to do it for the other?

What we got was a bigger sacrifice. Nat would have died anyway in that scenario.
The theatrical version wasn't a bigger sacrifice.

Theatrical: Casually jump off and teleport your friend to safety

Alternate: Get blasted half to hell while jumping off and teleport your friend to safety

Clint could have done the same in either scenario, but both times it was Nat and in the alternate version her end was even more prolonged and brutal, while at the same time not feeling gratuitous.

I wonder if the longer version was deemed to be too traumatizing for an already gut-wrenching sequence.

I also remember people chuckling at how silly her two Glocks appeared in the final battle against Thanos but in the alternate scene she actually uses them to save Clint's life which was cool.

Back