Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Superheroes go really mainstream with IW.

While both Superman 78 and Batman 89 had their own significant cultural impact especially Batman 89 there still existed a stigma with liking those properties.

Batman 89 was huge in the sense of marketing more so than eliminating any negative connotations associated with liking men in tights.

But now that stigma is gone and Marvel superheroes are cool enough to even be part of your family and be discussed and referenced in public conversations.

Everyone now wants to be Stark, Rogers, Bucky, Panther or Widow.

So now when you go pick up the girl to take to the prom instead of giving her a corsage you will bring her a Hot Toys Cap, Stark or T’Challa lol

Good, then I can finally ask for SSC gift cards for Xmas without having to explain or get a rash of **** about it. I'm gonna need all the help I can get $$$$.:horror Also Amazon 'coz I want the artbooks too.

Nah... They are introducting Adam Warlock. Was already hinted during GotG vol2

Isnt Adam / vol 3 coming after Avengers 4? I believe the stone is in wakanda because they use it to contact their ancestors with it. Not cuz they black as states above [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IW will lead to its sequel with Adam Warlock being hinted during IW.
He plays a critical role in the MCU, as stated by Gunn.

IW sequel will focus on the last stone and the introduction of new heroes.

Yeah, I know the end credits scene in GOTGV2 referenced Adam Warlock...but that doesn't necessarily mean the Russos will follow comic canon. The Soul Stone most likely is in Wakanda. Adam Warlock may receive it to keep it away from Thanos, or after the heroes defeat Thanos.

Superheroes go really mainstream with IW.

Superheroes have been mainstream since before you were born, specifically Superman and Batman.

While both Superman 78 and Batman 89 had their own significant cultural impact especially Batman 89 there still existed a stigma with liking those properties. Batman 89 was huge in the sense of marketing more so than eliminating any negative connotations associated with liking men in tights.

If there was a stigma, The Dark Knight got rid of it. Still, it's not like SW doesn't have its own stigma along with Star Trek. Disney is trying to change that by introducing more female characters into that brand...

But now that stigma is gone and Marvel superheroes are cool enough to even be part of your family and be discussed and referenced in public conversations.

Yes, because apparently no one ever made Batman and Superman references in public before IW, right? There are literally phrases in the English language that people use because of Superman. :lol

Superman and Batman precede the Reeve and Keaton movies by several decade of pop culture relevancy. In the 50's Superman was a huge cultural phenomenon and Batman became one with the 60's Batmania.

These character have been more known and culturally relevant long before SW or even the more modern Superman and Batman movies, despite their recent box office failure. Are Transformers or Vin Diesel more popular because of their recent box office success? As far as Luke goes, he's barley in TFA and Vader is not even in it. SW is what sells...and they can put anyone like Rey and Kylo and SW fanboys will mindlessly buy it because of the old movies they grew up watching.

The only thing I'll give the MCU, is that I've seen certain guys...the jock type, wearing CA and Iron Man shirts. Still, those type of men would never wear a SW or ST shirt because the stigma is that's for nerds and geeks.

Superheroes have been mainstream since before you were born, specifically Superman and Batman.

If there was a stigma, The Dark Knight got rid of it. Still, it's not like SW doesn't have its own stigma along with Star Trek. Disney is trying to change that by introducing more female characters into that brand...

Yes, because apparently no one ever made Batman and Superman references in public before IW, right? There are literally phrases in the English language that people use because of Superman. :lol

Superman and Batman precede the Reeve and Keaton movies by several decade of pop culture relevancy. In the 50's Superman was a huge cultural phenomenon and Batman became one with the 60's Batmania.

These character have been more known and culturally relevant long before SW or even the more modern Superman and Batman movies. As far as Luke goes, he's barley in TFA and Vader is not even in it. SW is what sells...and they can put anyone like Rey and Kylo and SW fanboys will mindlessly buy it because of the old movies they grew up watching.

The only thing I'll give the MCU, is that I've seen certain guys...the jock type, wearing CA and Iron Man shirts. Still, those type of men would never wear a SW or ST shirt because the stigma is that's for nerds and geeks.

Thanks for adding that last sentence which is what i’m saying.

“certain” people in society that would’ve never embraced this stuff are now doing it.

Honestly I put it all on the shoulders of RDJ bringing the hollywood star sex appeal to the character and then doing the same with Cap but adding a layer of a blue collar hero to him.

Beards were in a few years ago then went out but now they’re back again lol

Thanks for adding that last sentence which is what i’m saying.

“certain” people in society that would’ve never embraced this stuff are now doing it.

I'll give you that. CA and IM were nobodies before their MCU movies. Perhaps certain people know them as only movie characters, so that makes them more accessible, since they feel more like "new original" characters, and not 80 year old comic book heroes.

Even I've become a fan of those characters, despite not liking them when I was a kid, since I was more into X-Men, Hulk and Spider-Man.

As a kid, I was more into the angst of "darker" heroes like the X-Men...but I always respected and loved what Captain America stood for and was a symbol of. Call me hokey. :dunno

Marvel freaking did it they infiltrated into the normie space like Star Wars did.

I’m seeing normies talking about Cap and IM dying as if a real person in their family or a celebrity has died and also Cap’s beard!

So bizarre lol

I never thought I would see the day where Cap is freaking more popular than Batman or Superman and almost equal Luke and Vader sheesh.

This movie is going to crush 2018.

Hmmm idk bout that one. Now Captain America was always sorta popular. Moviewise these characters are popular than batman and superman but the both of them are timeless. If WB would make a good movie it’d make bank but JL came off the horrid Snyder verse and no one likes it. Once Downey jr and Evans go we’ll see how popular the characters still are. I don’t think cap and iron man are close to batman popularity. Moviewise yes. And if they are more popular now than WB is to blame for tarnishing there rep

I'll give you that. CA and IM were nobodies before their MCU movies. Perhaps certain people know them as only movie characters, so that makes them more accessible, since they feel more like "new original" characters, and not 80 year old comic book heroes.

Even I've become a fan of those characters, despite not liking them when I was a kid, since I was more into X-Men, Hulk and Spider-Man.

Yes of course Batman and Superman were huge popular but in a very specific kind of way.

For kids (virgins) and adult men to secretly enjoy.

Look how the property was treated on tv and how the actors reacted to it very shameful career.

Forget Marvel those weird crack head characters were for comicbooks only lol

Fast forward to the MCU and i’m listening to two fortune 500 corporate female attorneys discussing the freaking IW trailer and not in a financial sense because their field has nothing to do with entertainment profits but about Thanos looking sexy and Cap’s beard wtf lol

It was just crazy listening to them going on and on how her teenage son is like the Cap in his group of friends and how they shared their trailer viewing with their family

Sex appeal and honor made superheroes cool just like it did to the white hat uniform US Marine.

I’m starting to think Batman is losing his cultural status or at least diminish under the weight of WB mismanagement.

Either way If I ever hear these two women start talking about Skrulls i’m going to lose my **** lol

Last edited:

Yes of course Batman and Superman were huge popular but in a very specific kind of way.

For kids (virgins) and adult men to secretly enjoy.

I don't know. When TDK came out, it was everywhere...it was even a topic on ESPN shows....a sports channel.

Fast forward to the MCU and i’m listening to two fortune 500 corporate female attorneys discussing the freaking IW trailer and not in a financial sense because their field has nothing to do with entertainment profits but about Thanos looking sexy... lol

khHpC39.gif

1. Women are freaks...I can't believe a high profile female hasn't been accused of sexual harassment yet.

2. SW should have made Snoke beefy and sexy ...I guess. :lol

Sex appeal and honor made superheroes cool just like it did to the white hat uniform US Marine.

Cavill's CGI face isn't sexy? :lol

I’m starting to think Batman is losing his cultural status or at least diminish under the weight of WB mismanagement.

It wouldn't be the first time. Characters like that have been around for so long that they have their highs and lows, but they always "come back." They've stood the test of time. The MCU is relatively new, so it hasn't been tested yet.

It's strange seeing so many reaction videos and people talking about the MCU like it's been around for decades. They feel nostalgic, which tells me that the film will have a huge opening because the MCU feels...nostalgic, yet at its peak of popularity, so that's a very rare combination.

There is no doubt a truth to the fact that comics are mainstream.

When I was a teen comics were for losers.....NO ONE would have gone see a Captain America film.... NO ONE.....
(Well excerpt “nerds” and “geeks”)

Re read bold type.....

Hell a lot of the “beautiful people” attempted to make Star Wars a nerd only thing.....that backfired....

I don't know. When TDK came out, it was everywhere...it was even a topic on ESPN shows....a sports channel.

khHpC39.gif

1. Women are freaks...I can't believe a high profile female hasn't been accused of sexual harassment yet.

2. SW should have made Snoke beefy and sexy ...I guess. :lol

Cavill's CGI face isn't sexy? :lol

It wouldn't be the first time. Characters like that have been around for so long that they have their highs and lows, but they always "come back." They've stood the test of time. The MCU is relatively new, so it hasn't been tested yet.

It's strange seeing so many reaction videos and people talking about the MCU like it's been around for decades. They feel nostalgic, which tells me that the film will have a huge opening because the MCU feels...nostalgic, yet its at its peak of popularity, so that's a very rare combination.

I think TDK was mostly still male focussed I believe MCU has cracked the female barrier AND even become cool to teen girls, wut! That’s huge right there.

Great point about the MCU combo taking place, wacky times.

There is no doubt a truth to the fact that comics are mainstream.

When I was a teen comics were for losers.....NO ONE would have gone see a Captain America film.... NO ONE.....
(Well excerpt “nerds” and “geeks”)

Re read bold type.....

Hell a lot of the “beautiful people” attempted to make Star Wars a nerd only thing.....that backfired....

:exactly: :lecture

Last edited:
Last edited:

:lol :lol

Let me ask this when Panther is punching that four armed alien did anybody else get a Power Rangers vibe from that creature because I did lol

Back