Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

:lol :lol

Let me ask this when Panther is punching that four armed alien did anybody else get a Power Rangers vibe from that creature because I did lol

Absolutely, it looks like an Alien xenomorph spawned out of a power ranger villain, what the power ranger movie should have had.

I don't think a film has to involve death to have stakes or emotional impact. That's one vocal part of the fan contingent. All anyone really knows is that "fans need to be prepared". Assuming the Soul Stone is in Wakanda - it's the stone that takes souls but also those souls exist in a kind of peaceful "heaven" of sorts. Those souls can be communicated with. For whatever reason Cap could give himself to the Stone (as the Stone also can weigh the purity of a soul).
Maybe to prevent Thanos from wielding the complete Gauntlet as the Soul Stone seems like it can dominate the others. So that would be heroic without some horrible death scene. Also the Russos have pointed out re the comics that not much is final.

Not saying there won't be stakes in these films but any endings may not be what people assume.

Actually you've reminded me - remember when Age of Ultron came out with it's jokey Thor's hammer-lifting scene and we were all speculating that one day Captain America would be able to lift it and would probably wield it against Thanos. Thor Ragnorok seemingly destroys that idea....

Marvel was smart going with less armor and no helmet.

The more armor you put on him the more fake he will look in motion just look at Steppen.

Making Thanos walk slow also helped give him weight and obviously attitude.

Giving him Brolin’s facial features also helps making him feel more real.

:lol :duff

Spoiler Spoiler:

This^.

Would never happen in this day and age of press releases and leaks (intended and unintended) but if somehow Disney and Fox came to a secret agreement and The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer appeared in IW2, fanboys would go into cardiac arrest.

Last edited:

vlcsnap-2015-11-09-03h08m22s193 Small_zpsjwez37od.jpg

... remember when Age of Ultron came out with it's jokey Thor's hammer-lifting scene and we were all speculating that one day Captain America would be able to lift it and would probably wield it against Thanos. Thor Ragnorok seemingly destroys that idea....

It wouldn't do anything anyway.
Twhore Ragonrock says that Mjolnir's function was just to make Thor weaker by focusin' his powers.

Except that Odin cast a spell that whoever holds it will have Thors power.

So we would have seen Cap Ride The Lightning.

Except that Odin cast a spell that whoever holds it will have Thors power.
Doesn't mean a thing. After TRag it makes more sense that Odin was just turning "Complete Power Block Till Near Death" funtion on under cover of the silly "whoever's worthy" crap. More ****ing reasons to hate-hate-hate that movie.

Actually you've reminded me - remember when Age of Ultron came out with it's jokey Thor's hammer-lifting scene and we were all speculating that one day Captain America would be able to lift it and would probably wield it against Thanos. Thor Ragnorok seemingly destroys that idea....

Well, maybe:dunno. W. all the characters supposedly making cameos in IW1 and 2, I was wondering about the remains of Thor's hammer being picked up by someone. I mean, it's not unusual for a great weapon to be be reforged or at least pieces of it reused. Or even the possibility of Loki doing it or - maybe getting a message to the Lady Sif or Valkyrie to find the pieces (I'm convinced that Loki is going to double-deal Thanos one way or the other).

Because of the IW concept art w. Thor and Rocket that was out earlier this year. There's this:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1623860/is-this-why-thor-is-using-an-axe-in-avengers-infinity-war

Looking at the longer handle, this could also be a new hammer based off the Mjolnir the Ultimate version of Thor wielded in the comics...In fact, just recently in the comics, "Odinson" came across this version of the hammer, which is one of the few remnants left from the dead Ultimate universe. The MCU could be putting its own twist on this development and have Thor pick up a new hammer, whether it's from the Asgardian armory, was forged elsewhere in the MCU or also comes from another universe. For now, though, we're thinking it's likelier to be an axe (Jarnbjorn?) until more evidence presents itself.

I just believe that IW2 will wind up with everyone in more or less classic looks - Thor will have some kind of weapon, Cap will be in a classic Cap uniform w. a repaired shield at some point - just because Marvel is fan-aware.

That's ok. There was a lot of internet concern that because Thor was "depowered" when Odin cast him to Earth in the first movie, that the Mjolnir-less Thor of the Ragnarok would also be that weak.. when clearly he could still take and dish out a beating with Hulk, and go toe to toe with Loki or Valkryrie if the situation called for it.. (and faired a lot better than any of the Warriors Three against Hela, even without going all Lightning Eyes)

I’m sure the WB execs will now push to give Superman a beard given the reaction to Cap’s beard. :lol

I’m sure the WB execs will now push to give Superman a beard given the reaction to Cap’s beard. :lol

Hmmm, the extended director's ultra cut of Justice League... digitally putting a beard over the top of the digital removal of Cavill's moustache... :lecture

They need to push for that flashpoint movie or reboot asap. I just heard they released this movie to get a Christmas bonus.

TDK only made the $ it did because Ledger died

That is a bit over the top.. Perhaps initial numbers over the first week had to do with some people's curiosity but the fact that fact it kept making bank had to do with the fact that it was a great film..

Is that why TDKRises made more than TDK? The film with no Ledger or A list villain? :lol

Exactly... TDKR did great because people were loving the Batman films up until then.

TDK did great because people fell in love with the Nolan Universe from BB.. I think BB did not do better initially because people still had B&R and BF stuck in their heads plus the slew of other average comic films.. But after the home video release of BB people found out it was not the same old goody Batman and were pumped for TDK.. Add on the fact that it has Batman going against his most popular villain, a great marketing campaign, excellent critical response, great word of mouth, and that it is a damn fine film....
s41Uv.gif

Coasting on the success of TDK, rather like IM3.

Well that goes against Trash Panda's point of Ledger being the reason for TDK success and stands more to reason that TDK was very well liked and and people wanted more of this universe. If TDK only reason for success was Ledger then TDKR would have fallen on its face.

IM3 was the first Hero film after The Avengers.. People were pumped to see what was coming next.

Unfortunately TDKR and IM3 failed to live up to their predecessors.

Doesn't mean a thing. After TRag it makes more sense that Odin was just turning "Complete Power Block Till Near Death" funtion on under cover of the silly "whoever's worthy" crap. More ****ing reasons to hate-hate-hate that movie.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back