Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

I wish Deadpool never existed.

qipOiBkLj3IaI.gif

True, but that's using a real-world argument for a cartoon character. As long as its fantasy, I want to see something dramatic.

But, but, for this "first movie" I kinda think that's the point. For Thanos (I think) his arrival isn't a battle. No need to battle against some squishy soft humans and their low-end tech. Or get your armor on if you're just looking your latest holding over.

Plus it seems ahead of him are the Outriders AND his children doing the dirty work. I'm guessing Thanos arriving on Earth is more for him like a garden party.

Also I think the Russos are building to something with his character. No point in getting dessert first. Looks like Thanos doesn't even break a sweat squishing Spidey and clocking IM. Thanos doesn't need to strain himself - also, supposedly Earth is unprepared for any of this.

Meh... Russoas building to something. Start big, then back off and build. Start big.

If the Russos start 'building' again we'll have another snore-fest like Civil War and everyone will be saying "IW2 will make up for it".

But, but, for this "first movie" I kinda think that's the point. For Thanos (I think) his arrival isn't a battle. No need to battle against some squishy soft humans and their low-end tech. Or get your armor on if you're just looking your latest holding over.

Plus it seems ahead of him are the Outriders AND his children doing the dirty work. I'm guessing Thanos arriving on Earth is more for him like a garden party.

Also I think the Russos are building to something with his character. No point in getting dessert first. Looks like Thanos doesn't even break a sweat squishing Spidey and clocking IM. Thanos doesn't need to strain himself - also, supposedly Earth is unprepared for any of this.

The trailer makes it look like some kind of invasion and Thanos arriving on earth, but I think they're using fake CGI backgrounds as a misdirection, like the Thor trailer.

The Thanos scenes where he's beating Spidey and Iron Man are not on earth. The Cap scene with Hulk and Panther take place in Wakanda, probably against the Black Order.

I'm hoping most of the film is Thanos' quest, while some heroes on earth battle against the Black order. Then Thanos fights some of the Avengers on some other planet and beats them. The film ends with him having most of the gems....or all of them, and if that happens, then who knows how far the MCU will take that idea?

I also don't think we'll see Thanos get creative with the IG in this movie. Then, there is Thanos' motivation. Why does he want the gems?

Last edited:

Highly likely. These cartoons just get more crowded... but not better.

I could accept that title. But I want a crown.

:D

BTW, I heard one of the Russo boys wants to become a girl.

How i picture wor gar now lol

a9d2266a7dc8c11c7eb6b14064656d42.jpg

Meh... Russoas building to something. Start big, then back off and build. Start big.

If the Russos start 'building' again we'll have another snore-fest like Civil War and everyone will be saying "IW2 will make up for it".

Best post I've read in days.

Finally someone who doesn't have imaginary Disney stock and is actually paying attention to the horse**** the MCU tends to pass off as "drama". Whenever I read apologist posts for every asinine Feige move I ask myself "Have these people just forgotten what a great movie is? Do they even know what a great movie is???" Because Civil War was an exercise in how to make a meaningless movie. Yet people still loved it. That's why I stand by my theory that 95% of MCU lovers are young adults (25 and under) and children. There's just no way a person familiar with movies like The French Connection, The Deer Hunter, Marathon Man, Heat...would go on to call Civil War a "great drama".

At least Ragnarok was honest about its stupidity and poked fun at its own universe to further make that point.

Back