Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Ahem....

If Disney keeps the status quo and maintains the same release strategy with “Fox” content, there probably is some legitimate concern that one studio could represent a third or more of the total domestic theatrical pie. This should raise red flags with antitrust regulators, especially when looking at the last four years.”

Nothing to worry about though Trump ain’t messing with the needs of his Fox friends, ain’t happening the deal is safe.

Ahem....

”[FONT="]If Disney keeps the status quo and maintains the same release strategy with “Fox” content, there probably is some legitimate concern that one studio could represent a third or more of the total domestic theatrical pie. This should raise red flags with antitrust regulators, especially when looking at the last four years.”[/FONT]

Not Disney's fault if the competition is garbage

Not everyone thinks TDK is all that. I don't. Except it's all that SERIOUS - yep, it's that. Relentlessly grim, Batman hoarse voice and all. Yep. EVERYTHING IS DRAMA in those films. If someone asked for a glass of water it would take 5 minutes and there'd be a discussion about the global water shortage and a flashback to a bottle of water spilling into the street or something, with an overvoice narrative and careful spotlight effects. And I don't care for Christian Bale. Don't know why, I just don't.

IMO what Marvel has done IS ground breaking. All the way back to IM1. Especially for me the work of the Russos. IMO so many scenes they did in TWS and CW couldn't have been better scripted or edited - or acted, thanks MCU's perfection in casts. I don't know why but was replaying the Zemo/BP in my head and was thinking how perfectly done that was:love. Every line and nuance in the script. And that's just one scene in a stellar movie.

TWS and CW are my favorites so far from the MCU - so sure, I'll demand more for my entertainment:cool:. "OK, Russo Brothers, top yourselves over two of arguably the best comic book movies ever done". I bet they do, too. I bet one day I'm binge-watching First Avenger all the way through IW2. I bet my wallet will be crying over all the books and figs I want from IW.

Only thing groundbreaking Marvel Studios has done is have a successful "shared universe" of movies. That's it.

Nothing amazing about their scripting, editing, acting or cinematography at all.

Only thing groundbreaking Marvel Studios has done is have a successful "shared universe" of movies. That's it.

That alone is pretty huge. No one else has succeeded, and so many have tried. I personally never thought they'd pull it off, but they did. This is something that will be copied for many years to come but it will never, ever be as successful as the 10 years you just witnessed by Marvel. Not even Marvel will be able to pull it off again.

It's ruined a lot of other movies though in the process of mimicry, that's for certain.

It's just not that ground breaking though... especially when considering you only watch one movie at a time if your normal. Individually the movies have been average ...and not even all the time have they reached that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty groundbreaking to keep so many actors and filmmakers involved and collaborating in one related narrative universe for the amount of time and to such great success as Marvel Studios has done it. I would argue that it's more groundbreaking in the history of cinema than casting Batman in a straight-up crime drama.

Not Disney's fault if the competition is garbage

"Garbage" that beat Disney at the Box Office two years in a row. Deadpool & Logan made more money with their microscopic budgets and a 3D-less 'R' rating than Disney did with their inflated Georgia-set productions and subpar CG rendering.

The Box Office for Deadpool & Logan is what haunts the suits over at Disney every time they greenlight another $200+ Million-dollar PG-heavy exercise in safe filmmaking. The fact that a competitor broke all the rules and financed bold content that resulted in a greater financial yield scares them.

That's what this bull**** merger is all about. They don't give a **** about "staying true to the comics". Its all about stopping FOX from making Marvel movies that make the MCU movies look like garbage (which is what they mostly are).

giphy.gif

Pretty groundbreaking to keep so many actors and filmmakers involved and collaborating in one related narrative universe for the amount of time and to such great success as Marvel Studios has done it. I would argue that it's more groundbreaking in the history of cinema than casting Batman in a straight-up crime drama.

"Garbage" that beat Disney at the Box Office two years in a row. Deadpool & Logan made more money with their microscopic budgets and a 3D-less 'R' rating than Disney did with their inflated Georgia-set productions and subpar CG rendering.

The Box Office for Deadpool & Logan is what haunts the suits over at Disney every time they greenlight another $200+ Million-dollar PG-heavy exercise in safe filmmaking. The fact that a competitor broke all the rules and financed bold content that resulted in a greater financial yield scares them.

That's what this bull**** merger is all about. They don't give a **** about "staying true to the comics". Its all about stopping FOX from making Marvel movies that make the MCU movies look like garbage (which is what they mostly are).

You are way off on the reason behind the merger, they just want ways to make more money simple.

BUT there is no denying the low production budget and box office success with Deadpool.

But forget Deadpool if you really want to see impressive micro budgets earning huge profits for the suits look no further than Blairwitch, Paranormal Activity and those Conjuring movies.

Lol anyone can keep narrative focus on multiple different films blah blah , if they all have the focus of a five year old playing action figures. And if the plot of each movies is so thin you can't come up with a character arc unless you watch 20 average movies back to back. Ya know, black widow just think about her and all the movies she's been in. Yeah groundbreaking ... she says the same damn lines every movie and we still don't know **** about her except that strange flashback on ultron...

What do you mean broke all the rules? News flash ? Logan and deadpool are t the first movies with a superhero to be rated r. And fox doesn’t give a **** about the comics they want money. Stop acting like fox is some holy studio filled with comic fans eager to make comic movies

Lol anyone can keep narrative focus on multiple different films blah blah , if they all have the focus of a five year old playing action figures. And if the plot of each movies is so thin you can't come up with a character arc unless you watch 20 average movies back to back. Ya know, black widow just think about her and all the movies she's been in. Yeah groundbreaking ... she says the same damn lines every movie and we still don't know **** about her except that strange flashback on ultron...

You know what.....

I agree 100% with your last few posts about the MCU I think you fully grasp the problems they have.

Putting all that aside are you really going to tell me that you were (are) a comicbook reader and yet the action set pieces from some of those movies didn’t put a smile on your face?

That's what Warner Brothers thought.

Yeah unfortunately they tried something different and it didn't pan out well. But hey if that's your excuse for marvel. I guess play it safe you can't go wrong.

This guy gets it.

Common sense is tough to find in these parts so you're ahead of the game, broski.

Yes, the MCU is artistically challenged and resides on a paper thin foundation of [network] TV-level mediocrity.

But like we established a few pages earlier: some people just wanna eat McDonald's all day, every day.

Yeah unfortunately they tried something different and it didn't pan out well. But hey if that's your excuse for marvel. I guess play it safe you can't go wrong.

I'm not making any excuses for anybody. :lol

The MCU is something that didn't exist before. That's what groundbreaking means. Arguing that you don't like Black Widow or whatever doesn't change that, or make me an apologist. Take a pill, man.

I'm not making any excuses for anybody. :lol

The MCU is something that didn't exist before. That's what groundbreaking means. Arguing that you don't like Black Widow or whatever doesn't change that, or make me an apologist.

No, it makes you a champion of mediocrity.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

You know what.....

I agree 100% with your last few posts about the MCU I think you fully grasp the problems they have.

Putting all that aside are you really going to tell me that you were (are) a comicbook reader and yet the action set pieces from some of those movies didn’t put a smile on your face?

Absolutely not. I go and see most of them with a big bucket of popcorn a huge blunt and a huge smile. And I talk to my friends and say hey that's this character or hey In the comics this is how it went down ! I can name numerous action scenes I love , inparticular samual jackson in the car and the stairwell fight in civil war. Many more I love. My biggest complaint is the lack of a push forward in the plot in each movie. Idk how to explain it but they are just not "tight". The plots are simply not that compelling .... I mean I seem to be the only one who thinks the last act in winter soldier is straight up abysmal..... I mean really watch that and tell me it's not ****. Black window in he cheesy disguise ... the lame people being on the hologram .... the big things exploding at the end. The man vs government espionage feel gets competley thrown out the window. And it's hard to even follow the plot. I mean try to reflect on what the original antman could have been with Edgar wright . It really could have been SOMETHING. Not just a piece of a puzzle

And then for my own personal taste ( I guess!) the costumes are straight up ugly ( I can't believe people complain about xmen costumes and are ok with these ... really makes me question how genuine some of you are ). The music is SO FORGETTABLE. And the visuals ( for being an adaption of a visual medium ) are just average.

Back