Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Infinity war - (warning: Spoilers)

Well to be fair to IW it’s still on an even playing field because TFA numbers were also fudged hell all box office numbers are fudged so fudging is actually considered the normal playing field lol

It’s actually being reported that final monday numbers might bring it into the 253 - 260 range so yeah title well deserved indeed.

It should take it... the real fight will be next year:

Infinity War Finale VS Final Chapter Star Wars.... who will win?

IW2.........I think alot of fans won't feel the need to go see Rey's story conclude unless JJ pulls out all the stops....

Actual footage of SNIKT watching IW

tumblr_nxnphvHaWd1td26sho2_540.gif

IW biggest of all time? Nope I still think TFA will hold the top spot

I don't mind Thor being a comedic character of sorts - he works well as a strong deity and a fish out of water type of guy who's completely ignorant to the normalcy of earth/human ways. It also helps that Hemsworth has gotten really good at comedic timing over the years.

I disagree. Ragnarok made Thor one of my favorite characters, and I was worried he was gonna feel pushed to the side in IW. But I was pleasantly surprised.

This movie made me like Thor . Always thought he sucked but this was great! He kicked ass in this.

IW2.........I think alot of fans won't feel the need to go see Rey's story conclude unless JJ pulls out all the stops....

It'll be big, but there's a pattern, and each new SW film makes less money. I honestly can't see that many people interested in Rey, Poe, Rose, Kylo and Finn. That's literally what Nu-SW consists of, now that the OG cast is gone.

I'm pretty sure IW is going to beat TLJ at the box office too this year. In fact, I think Black panther might also make more than TLJ. :horror

It's only 4 millions behind TLJ :lol

Star Wars as a yearly feast-for-the-eyes is over. It doesn't have nearly enough characters to sustain yearly viewings like MCU does. Disney's already burned through its biggest trick: bringing back Luke, Leia and Han. There's nothing else that can grab an audience-worth of 40 years.

I hope Black Widow dies. As the universe expands and more characters with powers show up, I find her less believable and honestly, I think she diminishes other characters by somehow being an equal or better, when she's literally a human with glow sticks and guns. Either enhance her, or kill her already. Proxima should have easily overpowered her in a fight. The same goes for Corvos Glaive. They're like 7 feet tall for god's sake. She's not only as skilled as BW, but literally much bigger and stronger, so BW has no advantages.

To her defense she did get saved by scarlet witch but still as the xmen and ff come into play I hope she becomes irrelevant. Cause even Hawkeye sat this one out.

It'll be big, but there's a pattern, and each new SW film makes less money. I honestly can't see that many people interested in Rey, Poe, Rose, Kylo and Finn. That's literally what Nu-SW consists of, now that the OG cast is gone.

I'm pretty sure IW is going to beat TLJ at the box office too this year. In fact, I think Black panther might also make more than TLJ. :horror

Lol yea no one is gives two ****s about rey or anything. No stakes, no consequences, no big threats. Who cares.

If SW can continue to put asses in seats after Episode I, then it will do so until the end of time sadly, albeit in potentially lesser numbers.

Star Wars as a yearly feast-for-the-eyes is over. It doesn't have nearly enough characters to sustain yearly viewings like MCU does. Disney's already burned through its biggest trick: bringing back Luke, Leia and Han. There's nothing else that can grab an audience-worth of 40 years.

Well said- exactly right. I think the MCU will be stronger and more successful than SW from here out. I would never have imagined that three years ago.

That is amazing! However Disney doesn't care a long as they have both franchises. Can't lose really.

My money would be on Marvel as well...which is sad.

Well the MCU is the modern SW so much so that IW is being called a SW movie!

Yes SW is now almost a non special event but it had an impressive run.

Other than Christopher Reeve hanging on a wire in 78 it was impossible for superhero movies to exist it was actually easier for Lucas to prop up some spaceships and have a camera whiz by it then it was to show human beings using super abilities.

So yes Blade opened the door to what was possible culminating into IW 20 years later (geez Blade is 20 years old already).

For WB not to succeed with their trinity characters in this ripe environment is just laughably sad lol

SW like Marvel has a plethora of characters beyond the Skywalkers. the problem is the set up for SW universe thus far has been underwhelming

SW like Marvel has a plethora of characters beyond the Skywalkers. the problem is the set up for SW universe thus far has been underwhelming

Every single star wars movie has basically been about the same story fighting the same villain using the same tactics over and over and over again.
you only have the same kind of villain in their movies and the same kind of hero. the same kind of resolution to the same kind of problem.

It is a never ending cycle where nothing really changes. 11 movies now and they all basically tell the same tale......

with Marvel sure you have heroes fighting villains, but the way they tell their movies and the way they defeat those villains changes from movie to movie

For WB not to succeed with their trinity characters in this ripe environment is just laughably sad lol

They have no excuses either. They started the genre, had all their characters and no licenses issues, and a multi generational fanbase for 30 years before the beginning of the MCU. A 30 YEAR heads start on the MCU.

Back