Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Infinity war - (warning: Spoilers)

SW like Marvel has a plethora of characters beyond the Skywalkers. the problem is the set up for SW universe thus far has been underwhelming

Because they decided to turn it into their own SJW agenda and don’t care about the fans. Kath Kennedy needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Cameron is severely depressed this morning. He's probably in the fetal position right now, holding on to the Hot Toys Avatar doll that no one bought. :lol

Cameron needs to STFU... He is upset because nobody cares about his Avatar movies now.. Guess what? If there were no Marvel movies nobody would still care about new Avatar movies. Plus when you wait 9 years to make a film you don't get to complain about Wonder Woman and Avengers films.. Get off your ass and do something if you don't like it.

SW like Marvel has a plethora of characters beyond the Skywalkers. the problem is the set up for SW universe thus far has been underwhelming

Every single star wars movie has basically been about the same story fighting the same villain using the same tactics over and over and over again.
you only have the same kind of villain in their movies and the same kind of hero. the same kind of resolution to the same kind of problem.

It is a never ending cycle where nothing really changes. 11 movies now and they all basically tell the same tale......

with Marvel sure you have heroes fighting villains, but the way they tell their movies and the way they defeat those villains changes from movie to movie

I've always been more of a fan of the Jedi and Sith battles. I don't care about all the spaceship battle stuff, which is why I probably don't like RO, and most normal human characters in SW.

The Jedi and Sith are kind of like those 70's Chinise martial arts movies, in that it's always the same story. One clan fighting another, but in space and with laser swords. I'm ok with that, as long as the characters are badass, and not beta males like Kylo and Finn.

Because they decided to turn it into their own SJW agenda and don’t care about the fans. Kath Kennedy needs to go.

I was watching TLJ the other day with my dad, and he asked, "The Empire has women and Asians members?" I was like yeah, Chinise box office.

They have no excuses either. They started the genre, had all their characters and no licenses issues, and a multi generational fanbase for 30 years before the beginning of the MCU. A 30 YEAR heads start on the MCU.

Marvel’s counter programming against TDK corrupted WB creativity.

Every single star wars movie has basically been about the same story fighting the same villain using the same tactics over and over and over again.
you only have the same kind of villain in their movies and the same kind of hero. the same kind of resolution to the same kind of problem.

It is a never ending cycle where nothing really changes. 11 movies now and they all basically tell the same tale......

This. :lecture

The success of the series just plain amazes me when only two of the movies are truly great while the rest range from good to absolutely horrible (the former more so). The only reason they make box office squat is the same reason the Bayformers movies do.

with Marvel sure you have heroes fighting villains, but the way they tell their movies and the way they defeat those villains changes from movie to movie

Truth! Who the hell wanted the empire to come back except for hardcore ot fans? Time to give it a rest.

They have no excuses either. They started the genre, had all their characters and no licenses issues, and a multi generational fanbase for 30 years before the beginning of the MCU. A 30 YEAR heads start on the MCU.

DC's monolithic mistake was hiring Zach Snyder to head the universe -- and keeping him on for so long.

Sorry, I know many here think he's a genius. He's not. He makes pretty pictures. That's about it.

DC's monolithic mistake was hiring Zach Snyder to head the universe -- and keeping him on for so long.

No, DC’s mistake was not letting Snyder handle it as he should. Snyder makes great movies when the studio lets him.

This. :lecture

The success of the series just plain amazes me when only two of the movies are truly great while the rest range from good to absolutely horrible (the former more so). The only reason they make box office squat is the same reason the Bayformers movies do.

But after ESB, Star Wars was never about the movies -- it was always about the merchandise, the spin-offs, the video games, the cartoons, etc. The movies were like these "world books" where you get a peek at stuff to 'further explore in other media'.

The recent loss of the toy market puts a considerable dent into the value of the IP.

Sorry, I know many here think he's a genius. He's not. He makes pretty pictures. That's about it.
Pretty much . His dark take was the worse way to go. Now look where we are.

To my point....Outside of R1 everything revolves around Skywalkers Jedi / Sith. It’s a broader universe that they’ve been to reluctant to explore

Has anyone brought up how "The Snap" might affect the Netflix shows? I wonder if it will at all. References to "the incident" (Chitauri invasion) was about the only thing mentioned in the previous season of Daredevil and what not. But how crazy would it be to begin season 3 of Daredevil and have certain cast members just disappear in ash. I know it wouldn't make much sense in the context of the show for people who only watch that particular show....but damn would it be interesting to see. Would be a great catalyst to get these characters into the movies.

I mean....I hope Agent Madani from the Punisher disappeared with the finger snap :lol

:goodpost: So true. I loved 300 & Watchmen, and enjoyed MOS which is still my favorite DCEU movie. But to think he could spearhead a Movie Universe like Feige?? :cuckoo:

He was a great choice for Watchmen, but that's about all he should've done for DC. Deep down inside I think he's still 15 and stuck in the late 80's when it was cool to see your Heroes be dark versions of themselves. The original TDKR comic worked cause it was very different for it's time. But it was also an elseworlds story and not main stream DCU comic. He tried to make every character into Batman... :nono Wonder Woman was the only one to escape the depression of Zack Snyder's mind.

Has anyone brought up how "The Snap" might affect the Netflix shows? I wonder if it will at all. References to "the incident" (Chitauri invasion) was about the only thing mentioned in the previous season of Daredevil and what not. But how crazy would it be to begin season 3 of Daredevil and have certain cast members just disappear in ash. I know it wouldn't make much sense in the context of the show for people who only watch that particular show....but damn would it be interesting to see. Would be a great catalyst to get these characters into the movies.

I mean....I hope Agent Madani from the Punisher disappeared with the finger snap :lol

At this point, The Netflix shows & Shield are so off track from the MCU, they may as well just denounce them. But most likely publicly doing so will hurt their ratings. Shield is so awful I can barely watch it and scan through the episodes on my DVR. Fridays episode was pathetic. As they actually tried to hint that what was going on was during the events of IW. Sad :( I don't even want to watch Jessica Jones Season 2. Hated season 1.

And yes, at least one of The Defenders should've faded away. I vote for Jessica Jones or Iron Fist. :yess:

No, DC’s mistake was not letting Snyder handle it as he should. Snyder makes great movies when the studio lets him.

I have a difficult time with all of that because the way it was handled makes me see them as less thoughtful and more pretentious. I love the idea of a deconstructed character study that cross-examines how these characters would behave and react in a real world setting, but, then, doing so suddenly seems so superficial, when, in the same breath, they’re still trying to pander and make it commercially appealing with Justice League emails and a amassive monster fight at the end. It was like Snyder tried to be an auteur and do his own Chris Nolan thing, but he was still too much of a company man to actually pull it off.

Back