Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars is done too... but it took 40 years.

C'mon now, let's not be too generous with ROTJ (or prequels for that matter), we all know that movie was the first step in killing the entire thing. Teddy bears and all. It took 6 years. :lol

Well, in terms of good films, yes. I never cared too much for ROTJ. But Star Wars was never renowned for 'good filmmaking'.

According to many others it is. But I digress, it's like telling a tween that Twilight isn't the best book because it's the only one you've read. Get what I mean? :lol

Duuuuude, Dr. Doom is going to kill it!! I just hope Thanos sticks around after A4. I want to see him go up against Galactus. :drool

Dr. Doom could be a better villain than even Thanos if done right... but the movie around him likely won't.

After audiences gorge themselves on 30+ characters over two films, can any single movie in that universe hold a candle? Especially since IW (at least half of it so far) is done so well.

Marvel has a mountain of a task ahead of it... especially if Feige leaves. And he should. Get out on top.

nearly every film released these days is.
Umm... you do know that blockbusters take less than 50% of films released every year, right? :D
Most here in this section talk about blockbusters only.

Spidey's trauma from dying could set up a film version of...

512UYljUNrL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I'd love that.

SW>LOTR only by popularity.
LOTR are the better movies by a mile. OT included.
Fact.

Did SW OT push technicality in film? Yes, quite a lot.
Did it change film? No, not really.
Well, tech-ni-ca-ly... pushin' technicality changes film industry, which changes film. :D
But yeah, in terms of changing the way filmakers look at cinema? It did nothing.
It only changed the way producers look at their potential investments.

It's just crazy now how films turn people nuts. It's a movie. lol
I used to be turned nuts by blockbusters...
Good thing it didn't last. :lol

TLJ was the last time I went ape**** with hype and then with hate. Tho it didn't last long at all, two weeks at best. I was more upset about how it turned my love for the franchise to feelin' tired and indifferent, which forced me to cancel my preorders and sell figures I has.

No one talks about LOTR anymore because its time has passed.
Too bad Amazon had no clue. Poor basterds wasted all of their money on it. :horror

No wonder the DC fans are constantly bashing these movies, pure unadulterated jealousy.
They wish in their heat of hearts that WB could pull off what Disney has been pulling off for 10 years.
I am no crazy OTT fan of either.
I like MCU's Phase One movies, The Winter Soldier, Guardians, and first seasons of AoS, Carter, Luke Cage and Daredevil (with some parts of S2).
I do not like TDKRises, Man of Steel and Suicide Squad. I do love BvS up untill the stupid finale with Trollsday.

I enjoyed the Ultimate Fan Cut of JL more than AIW. :dunno

If Marvel was smart they'd do PT2 of IW, and finish the movies they have in production then let the MCU sit for a decade.

Fact.

Well, tech-ni-ca-ly... pushin' technicality changes film industry, which changes film. :D
But yeah, in terms of changing the way filmakers look at cinema? It did nothing.
It only changed the way producers look at their potential investments.

I used to be turned nuts by blockbusters...
Good thing it didn't last. :lol

TLJ was the last time I went ape**** with hype and then with hate. Tho it didn't last long at all, two weeks at best. I was more upset about how it turned my love for the franchise to feelin' tired and indifferent, which forced me to cancel my preorders and sell figures I has.

Too bad Amazon had no clue. Poor basterds wasted all of their money on it. :horror

:duff

I forgot about Amazon doing a series! I hope it's great.

Game of Thrones had much more to do with that than Jackson's trilogy. It's still a brand -- and like all brands we are doomed to see them replayed and replayed for the rest of this generation...

I hope they pick up the pace a bit in the new series. I can't stand Frodo staring at his ring every five minutes of a 3 hour plus movie (4 hours really as I only watch the extended versions).

Back