Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love LOTR best fantasy trilogy based on earth ever made.

I love OT best fantasy trilogy based in space ever made.

Pointless to discuss which has more sophisticated writing, character development and world building because both do in spades.

Both trilogies are masterpieces nuff said.

What is not pointless to discuss is which had a greater impact on society, culture, cinema and business and the very easy answer here is obviously the OT as in a no brainer here.

I mean not even close.

The impact from LOTR is that we got the GOT series.

The impact from the OT was so massive in scale it could never even be accurately measured.

May the Force be with you!

Hello.

There are plenty more to choose from if you like lol

Vader.....hello!!

I am your father!

Yoda speak!

ILM

Skywalker Sound

This post can go on forever lol

Not even a complicated reason why, it’s just an era thing.

SW is a family level event.

LOTR is NOT!

nuff said!
:exactly::goodpost::hi5:
now i can sleep. good night. :)

There would be no Sideshow Collectibles, Hasbro, Hot Toys or Prime 1 if NOT for SW!

There would be Sideshow Collectibles, Hasbro, Hot Toys and Prime 1 even if LOTR were never made.

True what Clown said though MCU is quickly catching up to SW as the family event if not already matching it.

And who owns both?

Last edited:
I love LOTR best fantasy trilogy based on earth ever made.

I love OT best fantasy trilogy based in space ever made.

Pointless to discuss which has more sophisticated writing, character development and world building because both do in spades.

Both trilogies are masterpieces nuff said.

What is not pointless to discuss is which had a greater impact on society, culture, cinema and business and the very easy answer here is obviously the OT as in a no brainer here.

I mean not even close.

The impact from LOTR is that we got the GOT series.

The impact from the OT was so massive in scale it could never even be accurately measured.

May the Force be with you!

Hello.

There are plenty more to choose from if you like lol

Vader.....hello!!

I am your father!

Yoda speak!

ILM

Skywalker Sound

This post can go on forever lol

Not even a complicated reason why, it’s just an era thing.

SW is a family level event.

LOTR is NOT!

nuff said!

Excellent post.

You can walk down the street and ask anyone who the villain is in Star Wars and they will tell you. Ask almost anyone on the street who the villain is in LOTR... and they'll be stumped. Ask them just to pick one villain, any villain... and most will be stumped. Then ask them to give you a Bond villain... and they'll likely be able to call out several.

The impact of Star Wars is truly immeasurable. Nearly every filmmaker has been affected by it... including Peter Jackson.

Excellent post.

You can walk down the street and ask anyone who the villain is in Star Wars and they will tell you. Ask almost anyone on the street who the villain is in LOTR... and they'll be stumped. Ask them just to pick one villain, any villain... and most will be stumped. Then ask them to give you a Bond villain... and they'll likely be able to call out several.

ask them to name the villain in batman and they will answer
ask them to name the villain in superman and they will be stumped
ask them to name the villain in wonder woman and they wont even know where she comes from

ask them what the villain in jurassic park is and they will answer
ask them who the villain was in indiana jones and they wont know

Oh geez, I remember seeing that but I thought they were joking. He almost said “half” of everybody dies before he stopped himself. :lol

Last edited:
No staying power whatsoever.
Nothing has staying power when it comes to general audience. They always move to the next best thing. No one would've cared for OT if it was released in 2000's. Heck, no one would've cared for OT if it wasn't for Lucas pushing merch, re-releases and eventually PT. SW fans are very spoiled and delusional indeed. :lol

Back