Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange solo movie did some things better than BP solo movie and some things worse so both are equally meh for me.

BUT!

BUT!

In IW Strange was a BEAST where as BP was only slightly more versatile than from his solo movie.

Winner: Strange!

I saw this again last night (my 7th time), and it's not losing any of its appeal. It's really a phenomenal piece of entertainment.

Wh- what??

How can you guys do that? I loved the film too but I can't watch any film that many times in such quick succession. It'll take me over 5 years to get up to that many viewings :lol

I have to rewatch Strange. I remember it being mediocre...

9dnMrAY.gif

Strange solo movie did some things better than BP solo movie and some things worse so both are equally meh for me.

BUT!

BUT!

In IW Strange was a BEAST where as BP was only slightly more versatile than from his solo movie.

Winner: Strange!

It was pointed out to me that BP has a noticibly large dong visible through his technopants in IW. Calculate that as you will.

giphy.gif

Wh- what??

How can you guys do that? I loved the film too but I can't watch any film that many times in such quick succession. It'll take me over 5 years to get up to that many viewings :lol

Going for a 4th time tonight lol

Wasn't the element Tony created directly tied into his arc reactor at the time ... to stop it from poisoning his body? Seeing that he no longer has a dedicated arc reactor keeping him alive, I'm not sure if this element will ever come into play again. I suppose it could, but I'm not sure if they'll go that route. It's still fun to speculate.

I saw this again last night (my 7th time), and it's not losing any of its appeal. It's really a phenomenal piece of entertainment.

This movie is making me rewatch a lot of the other movies. I feel like it’s a giant riddle with clues scattered everywhere. Can’t stop thinking about it. All the father son stuff, Howard, Tony AND Thanos. My far fetched theory would be that Thanos is actually good.

Had Disney known BP was going to beat TLJ global they would’ve expanded his role by moving him to Titan and placing Drax at Wakanda lol

SW is not, nor will longer be, the Box Office titan it once was. Expect Ant-Man to Thor levels of revenue.

I know I am a bit late to the party, but here are some of my thoughts on this film:

The bad:
Some of the CG was pretty lackluster. The Banner floating head sticks out so much.

The BO overall were pretty underwhelming, with the exception of Ebony Maw. BW had no business being able to stand toe to toe with Proxima and Glaive. That happened what, like twice?

The good:

Perhaps most importantly, Thanos. What a character he was! I think one thing that helped make him so great was knowing that for the most part the villians have been very one note and disposable in the MCU. The fact that Thanos actually went above and beyond of being a good villian to great makes for a very satisfying pay off. This film was the culmination of 10 years, and it has been worth it. Thanos is just fantastic. We were given a villian who has beat the Avengers. Regardless of what happens in IW2, Thanos will always have this victory.

The opening scenes were great. It really set the tone for the film. The scene of Hulk getting his ass handed to him by Thanos like he was nothing was shocking. It made Hulk a complete chicken *****. Damn. And then the scene of Thanos holding Loki by the neck as he squeezes the life out of him, eyes popping out. Just wow. Thanos was not playing around.

Thor. He is now a real heavy hitter. He needs to handled by the Russos so he can have some proper portrayal. It makes me really hate comedic driven turn he was given in Ragnorak even more. Thank god he was very different here. His new weapon, Stormbreaker is awesome. He really kicked ass with it. The scene of him arriving in the Bifrost with Stormbreaker leading was so awesome.

Doctor Strange was really awesome too. I loved seeing Stange and Stark interact, the clash of personalities was quite entertaining. His fight with Thanos was really well done, and I see why he can stand against Thanos. It was badass.

The finger snap was legendary. I loved that Thanos told Thor that he should have went for the head. And then snap. And death is rained upon the galaxy. What a mockery that was. What a defeat to Thor.

The final scenes of everyone turning to dust was sad. The saddest was Parker for sure. It further cemented the father/son dynamic there, which for me made it even sadder. Peter was so scared. It was a punch to the gut.

It will be interesting to see what is done to bring everyone back from death. I do hope that some deaths remain permanent as we need these high stakes to remain in places.

I put this in my top 5 films of the MCU. I will share more as I think of it.

While I think Solo looks admittedly decent I really hope it underperforms just so it can go down in history that at least one SW movie bombed at the BO.

Well either way I really don't have a dog in BO discussion. I'd just really like to see one SW movie flop for a change. Then maybe they'll finally throw in the towel. We're all sick of it and beat down like longtime domestic abuse victims.

Back