Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
63777e6a2469622d6a61b4617aa119f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad all lol i'll delete it. DoH!:slap:lol Captain Marvel release date is March 6 -2019 IF2 date May 3rd -2019

Last edited:
I have to say, I feel the same way.

Again, its the charm and innocence. GOTG has a charm about it. Deadpool is just mean and smarmy.

Not inaccurate, but to be fair that's why I like Deadpool. After being saturated with MCU being at turns earnest, charming, bombastic -- it's nice to get something acidic and nasty. I *love* the MCU, but Deadpool provides...balance.

Not inaccurate, but to be fair that's why I like Deadpool. After being saturated with MCU being at turns earnest, charming, bombastic -- it's nice to get something acidic and nasty. I *love* the MCU, but Deadpool provides...balance.

I think Deadpool's humor is destined to go the way of Jim Carrey -- tiresome quickly.

This next movie might provide some laughs but it will be stretched thin. By the third, its over.

"""Concept"""

That's some fake gei ass ****.

Put that "Concept" crap at the beginning of the title, see how many views you get.

I hate these fanmade """concepts"""

It was pointed out by someone else, but a human won't die instantly in a vacuum. There were several animal tests and at least one accident involving a human as proof. On another note, Maw was not only ejected in space, but I believe he was also ejected while the ship was moving in hyperspace? Maybe this contributed to his quick death.
Yeah it was me :lol

But we see him freeze, we don't see him being ripped to shred by the tidal forces of hyperspace.

"""Concept"""

That's some fake gei ass ****.

Put that "Concept" crap at the beginning of the title, see how many views you get.

I hate these fanmade """concepts"""

Yeah it was me :lol

But we see him freeze, we don't see him being ripped to shred by the tidal forces of hyperspace.

We don't really know how hyperspace works though, whether or not you'd get ripped to shreds or if it's just like normal space, only colder... :D

One thing movies get wrong about space is that it'll take you a while before your freeze up. In fact, you could retain much of your body heat for a fairly long period because the only way for you to lose heat is through radiating it, which is a very inefficient way of losing heat.

Edit: Although, going screen accurate with how dying in the vacuum of space would probably not be a good idea, since it'll be pretty gross and undignifying. Guess what the vacuum of space would do with the contents of your stomach. :D

We don't really know how hyperspace works though, whether or not you'd get ripped to shreds or if it's just like normal space, only colder... :D
You're not a sci-fi guy are you? :lol Hell, this is actual science.

To bend space you'd need to harness a pretty hefty amount of gravity, which would tear you apart, so that's why I don't think he landed in hyperspace.

But you're right, I'm no physicist.

One thing movies get wrong about space is that it'll take you a while before your freeze up. In fact, you could retain much of your body heat for a fairly long period because the only way for you to lose heat is through radiating it, which is a very inefficient way of losing heat.
Yeah but it's not the freezing up that kills you, and you don't freeze up by loosing heat (well you do, but you know what I mean; In space), you freeze up by lack of pressure which also makes your blood boil.

So it's not the only way.

Actually, IIRC you can melt an ice cube quicker if you squeeze it with your hand, not because of your body heat, but because of the added pressure, same thing.

Edit: Although, going screen accurate with how dying in the vacuum of space would probably not be a good idea, since it'll be pretty gross and undignifying. Guess what the vacuum of space would do with the contents of your stomach. :D
I don't think so, "freezing" is I think what it would look like, even if it's actually much more painful than just "freezing", so I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
I don't think so, "freezing" is I think what it would look like, even if it's actually much more painful than just "freezing", so I'm ok with that.

Actually, from the tests they've made, it's not the freezing that kills you, it's the oxygen deprivation. Test subjects in a vacuum balloon up (like fat sausages) but don't burst (skin is tough enough to contain your innards) due to the expansion of gasses and fluids in your body. The vacuum also sucks out the contents of your guts so you puke and poop at the same time. Exposed wet parts (like your eyes, tongue and mucus membranes) do freeze up.

From memory, I think you get to stay conscious for 15secs or so, after that you lose consciousness. IIRC you've got about 1-2mins to be rescued and you'll get away with relatively minor injuries. Longer than that, your chances of survival drop dramatically. I hate to bring up TLJ, but this is one of the things they got right (about Leia surviving). I'll try to find a Because Science video on the topic. :D

As per hyperspace, I think that's different from Warp though? Warp is bending space and moving space around an object rather than an object actually moving through space. Hyperspace is travel through moving outside of normal space? Under warp you're basically standing still inside a bubble.

Edit: Aha some relevant videos:

https://youtu.be/3p1ndUL-yRY

https://youtu.be/OW3zGucJJag

Actually, from the tests they've made, it's not the freezing that kills you, it's the oxygen deprivation. Test subjects in a vacuum balloon up (like fat sausages) but don't burst (skin is tough enough to contain your innards) due to the expansion of gasses and fluids in your body. The vacuum also sucks out the contents of your guts so you puke and poop at the same time. Exposed wet parts (like your eyes, tongue and mucus membranes) do freeze up.

From memory, I think you get to stay conscious for 15secs or so, after that you lose consciousness. IIRC you've got about 1-2mins to be rescued and you'll get away with relatively minor injuries. Longer than that, your chances of survival drop dramatically. I hate to bring up TLJ, but this is one of the things they got right (about Leia surviving). I'll try to find a Because Science video on the topic. :D

As per hyperspace, I think that's different from Warp though? Warp is bending space and moving space around an object rather than an object actually moving through space. Hyperspace is travel through moving outside of normal space? Under warp you're basically standing still inside a bubble.

Edit: Aha some relevant videos:

https://youtu.be/3p1ndUL-yRY

https://youtu.be/OW3zGucJJag

8eQqot7.gif

Actually, from the tests they've made, it's not the freezing that kills you, it's the oxygen deprivation. Test subjects in a vacuum balloon up (like fat sausages) but don't burst (skin is tough enough to contain your innards) due to the expansion of gasses and fluids in your body. The vacuum also sucks out the contents of your guts so you puke and poop at the same time. Exposed wet parts (like your eyes, tongue and mucus membranes) do freeze up..
It's all of it really.

By that point your blood has boiled in your veins and your organs have failed.

It's theorized you could actually hold your breath like when you dive at a pool and last a little longer :lol

:lol:lol:lol

But yeah, all that rings true to me.

Well I'm not a ST guy, isn't Warp the engine itself? Because I believe it's the same concept, warp is bending or "wrinkling" space right? Which is pretty much the same thing as hyperspace, which means space above the third dimension, and you can only warp (bend/wrinkle) space in a dimension superior to the 3rd.

It's like wrinkling a sheet of paper (2D), the wrinkles are on the 3rd dimension, if you were to fold the sheet to get from point A to B, you'd be doing it through the 3rd dimension too, that makes our 4D our hyperspace.

It's theorized you could actually hold your breath like when you dive at a pool and last a little longer :lol

Hahaha that I am sure you cannot do, since you are only holding your breath by maintaining a lower pressure in your lungs than the outside atmosphere by keeping your diaphragm contracted. In space, there is no pressure to keep your breath in your lungs, it'll just suck the air out of you. :D

The Expanse did this right too, on that scene where one guy exhaled, then removed his mask momentarily to remove something dangling from within his visor while space walking. :D

Hahaha that I am sure you cannot do, since you are only holding your breath by maintaining a lower pressure in your lungs than the outside atmosphere by keeping your diaphragm contracted. In space, there is no pressure to keep your breath in your lungs, it'll just suck the air out of you. :D

The Expanse did this right too, on that scene where one guy exhaled, then removed his mask momentarily to remove something dangling from within his visor while space walking. :D
But you can, really, google it, I'm sure it would be an extraordinary case but it is possible, *in theory.

Of course I mean, holding your breath *before* the decompression, no point in trying during or after.

*Think 2001 and Bowman when he jumped from the pod to the Discovery.

But you can, really, google it, I'm sure it would be an extraordinary case but it is possible, *in theory.

Of course I mean, holding your breath *before* the decompression, no point in trying during or after.

*Think 2001 and Bowman when he jumped from the pod to the Discovery.

I'm not sure that's anatomically possible though... I don't think we have valves that close our respiratory tract? Maybe the epiglottis but I don't know if that can resist air coming out of the lungs since it's meant to close and keep stuff like food and water from coming in. But yeah I don't know for sure.

I do know that we breath through lowering pressure in our lungs through expanding it with the diaphragm. As Kyle stated in the videos above, there is technically no "sucking" in nature. Everything is just fluid (in this case, air) being pushed from a higher pressure to a lower one.

Back