Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, why would Thanos d..... LMAO WHAT DO YOU WANT? AN OSCAR MOVIE LMAO U WANT A DEBATE LMAO JUST HAVE FUN! :lol Jeez guys

giphy.gif
So that's the secret to enjoying things. :lol

:lol

Who'd have thought, so many spitting venom over the Space Leia scene and also incessantly complaining about how the movie got the physics wrong, turns out Space Leia was the most scientifically accurate part of the movie.

To be fair, I didn't like that scene either.

Yeah as controversial as that scene was, I chuckle whenever someone says they hated it because it was scientifically wrong. :D

... or the fact that by noticing that means you only want Oscar bait and you don't enjoy anything.
Which is even more sad because Oscar bait films are usually crap.

Could it be, that just like the Phantom Menace, this was as shoddily made but it's just more fun?
I mean I'm fine with that. I like the Phantom Menace.
Speaking of which, the final battle of "The Phantom Menace" actually made sense, unlike the final battle of IW. Droids actually tried to shoot at the shield before deploying disposable foot troops. And then foot troops actually destroyed the shield.

If those big wheel things could borrow underground then why wouldn't they start the attack with them goin all the way to the city? Also, they never showed where Wakanda's civilians went during the attack. At least Gungans were defending their UNDERWATER city on the surface and droids actually wanted to destroy Gungan army too.

:slap

Which is even more sad because Oscar bait films are usually crap.

Speaking of which, the final battle of "The Phantom Menace" actually made sense, unlike the final battle of IW. Droids actually tried to shoot at the shield before deploying disposable foot troops. And then foot troops actually destroyed the shield.

If those big wheel things could borrow underground then why wouldn't they start the attack with them goin all the way to the city? Also, they never showed where Wakanda's civilians went during the attack. At least Gungans were defending their UNDERWATER city on the surface and droids actually wanted to destroy Gungan army too.

:slap
I don't even want to say anything anymore :lol I'll just leave them to their hype, forreal now :lol

Bed of nails? :lol but everything she said still stands, all you guys did was lmao dude y u think? Like, throughout the entire thread.

Man, weird times.

Funny enough, my overthinking it thought of why doubling the resources wasn't an option for Thanos.

Bed of nails? :lol but everything she said still stands, all you guys did was lmao dude y u think? Like, throughout the entire thread.

Man, weird times.

Funny enough, my overthinking it thought of why doubling the resources wasn't an option for Thanos.

Why are you overthinking a film where a 9 foot purple alien wears a magical glove and a 97 pound lady beats up 7 foot alien warriors?

Why was doubling the resources wasn't an option? :monkey3

Gaspar please tell me that the most intellectual criticism that you can muster against this film is not "it's a plot hole that the bad guy did something bad."

;)

Why are you overthinking a film where a 9 foot purple alien wears a magical glove and a 97 pound lady beats up 7 foot alien warriors?

Well when you put it like that.

Gaspar please tell me that the most intellectual criticism that you can muster against this film is not "it's a plot hole that the bad guy did something bad."

;)
Sssssssssssssssssssss.

It's not :lol I'm not really trying and I don't want to be bitter.

Yes, this is me not being bitter, be grateful.

Lets take ANH, ESB, Raiders, Rocky 1, First Blood, Die Hard 1, Predator 1, Alien, Aliens, Close Encounters and Jaws and tear their plots to shreds should be fun lol

Why was doubling the resources not an option? The glove is not powerful enough? More wealth creates more chaos? Tell me!!
In a couple sci-fi stories I've read concerning overpopulation in a universal scale, one of them being the sequel novels to 2001, Pose the same premise as Thanos, the universe IS finite, right? And the glove is only universal, not multiversal.

Is the glove a creation tool? From what I've read, it doesn't work in other universes, and it hasn't shown to be a creation tool, at least not in the movie, it's only shown to manipulate the already existing forces of reality, and transmutate matter, not create it.

Therefore it cannot create resources, and transmutating a bunch of matter to make more resources could potentially be more catastrophic for the entire universe, since what Thanos is looking for, is balance.

So that's why turning people into dust is a good idea in comparison to that ^

Lets take ANH, ESB, Raiders, Rocky 1, First Blood, Die Hard 1, Predator 1, Alien, Aliens, Close Encounters and Jaws and tear their plots to shreds should be fun lol
No no no no no no, don't for a minute try to lump those with this you sneaky little shill.

Those movies are exactly what makes this one look so wobbly.

Why was doubling the resources not an option? The glove is not powerful enough? More wealth creates more chaos? Tell me!!

Thanos has contempt for the populations' of the universe propensity for resource consumption to the point that they starve themselves and facilitate their own destruction. He has absolutely no desire to *reward* such behavior by doubling everyone's resources. He lost his planet and sacrificed the one person in the universe he loved to get the stones. He sure as heck isn't going to give everyone else a get out of jail free card.

Killing half the universe:

1. Gives those remaining more time with the existing resources that are on hand
2. Punishes those who get vaporized
3. Punishes those who remain (sadness over lost loved ones)
4. Make those who remain possibly learn a lesson and just as importantly learn who taught them the lesson
5. And then when all is said and done populations will eventually increase again thus requiring another finger snap which at the end of the day is something that Thanos simply likes to do.

Thanos has contempt for the populations' of the universe propensity for resource consumption to the point that they starve themselves and facilitate their own destruction. He has absolutely no desire to *reward* such behavior by doubling everyone's resources. He lost his planet and sacrificed the one person in the universe he loved to get the stones. He sure as heck isn't going to give everyone else a get out of jail free card.

4. Make those who remain possibly learn a lesson and just as importantly learn who taught them the lesson
5. And then when all is said and done populations will eventually increase again thus requiring another finger snap which at the end of the day is something that Thanos simply likes to do.

Gaspar is like the villains in Scooby Doo.

“I would’ve got away with sucking the fun out of IW with my vacuum experiment if it wasn’t for you meddling kids!”

Last edited:
In a couple sci-fi stories I've read concerning overpopulation in a universal scale, one of them being the sequel novels to 2001, Pose the same premise as Thanos, the universe IS finite, right? And the glove is only universal, not multiversal.

Is the glove a creation tool? From what I've read, it doesn't work in other universes, and it hasn't shown to be a creation tool, at least not in the movie, it's only shown to manipulate the already existing forces of reality, and transmutate matter, not create it.

Therefore it cannot create resources, and transmutating a bunch of matter to make more resources could potentially be more catastrophic for the entire universe, since what Thanos is looking for, is balance.

So that's why turning people into dust is a good idea in comparison to that ^

Sounds good to me.

dJZBYdq.jpg

But, that's not his motive and the movie doesn't imply he's looking for retribution, hell, I'm not sure it even shows him being contemptuous, if he was looking for retribution he wouldn't disappear random people as consumption in itself is not amoral and it's not one individual's fault that overpopulation exists, and negative reinforcement doesn't work when done at random.

The only time we see retribution in the movie is against Loki after he did try to betray him.

If he was looking for punishment he would kill all of those who would stand in his way and as we see, he would only kill when necessary.

There's a bunch of character contradictions with Thanos, like a bunch, he's a knot of a character, but he strikes me the most as kind of merciful.

Last edited:
But, that's not his motive and the movie doesn't imply he's looking for retribution, hell, I'm not sure it even shows him being contemptuous, if he was looking for retribution he wouldn't disappear random people as consumption in itself is not amoral and it's not one individual's fault that overpopulation exists.

The only time we see retribution in the movie is against Loki after he did try to betray him.

If he was looking for punishment he would kill all of those who would stand in his way and as we see, he would only kill when necessary.

There's a bunch of character contradictions with Thanos, like a bunch, he's a knot of a character, but he strikes me the most as kind of merciful.

He seems like a nice guy. I want to be his friend.

Back