Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could care less about the comics since I don't know jack **** about the comics Black Order, but weak villains within the context of their own universe are still weak villains. I don't mind Cap being able to overpower them, but Widow? Urgggg... that annoyed me greatly. Unless they plan on actually giving her more character development in A4, I hope she bites it.

With the inevitable arrival of Capt Marvel, mutants, F4...and who knows what else, her days are numbered, hopefully.

5c8a535de5f377b0487bbe1b5019ade2.jpg

I don’t feel so good guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

???

It was a sequel to a movie that made no money.... 30 years ago. They knew the franchise was DOA but they made it anyways, and it was really good. It didn’t make money, I don’t think they expected it to. It did make people turn their heads and in return picked up lots of accolades.

One can argue DvD sales but we all know that’s not what makes the money. :dunno

Tell me, oh so wise one, what was the financial benefit to even make a movie like BR2049 with a massive budget that they knew would underperform?

You should be an expert in this field, considering the posts about your wife you should be familiar with underperformance.

Ok I did lol with your last sentence you should just keep that and delete the rest of your post because it’s painful to read lol

What I highlighted in bold is so insane i’m just going to chalk it off to you being someone very young.

So they made BR2049 even though they were not expecting it to make money?! Oh man lol

But great job on that last sentence even if you are still naive to capitalism you have at least mastered insulting 101 but I did provide a good foundation if I may say so myself lol

So.... you won’t answer because you know the user Riddick is right then? Is that what you’re saying? Please, back up with FACTS that the studio thought Blade Runner would even break even, that’s right, you can’t. :lol

You’re already making up quotes from directors to generate more power towards your wrong point of view, if I were you, I’d stop there before you get into a big backtracking mess.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No no you’re right what was I thinking.

WB ABSOLUTELY made that movie fully expecting it to lose movie.

They even told the director, writers, producers and Harrison Ford “Look we’re going to spend 150 million but we FULLY EXPECT this movie to bomb, we are 100% confident we are throwing this money away so now lets go make art!”

Villeneuve and Ford said they ONLY took the job because they knew the movie would bomb otherwise they weren’t interested.

I know right isn’t that cool of them!

Thank you for clarifying the movie industry for me my head was in the sand all this time.

I think there is an over simplification by both parties but I tend to agree more with Jye here.

Studios don't make every picture with the hopes of it making a HUGE profit.. But they do hope for some sort of profit.

IMO they had hopes for BR2049 because they planted seeds for a sequel. This was obviously a passion project for the director and he made the film he wanted with little to no studio interference but when you invest that much money into something you want to see a profit... And for this film they probably wanted a huge profit and thought they were going to get it (as evident by the money spent and the sequel possibilities )

With BR2049 I think the film makers and studios are a little out of touch with what BR means to the majority. It tends to be a film that is loved by film makers and a very select group of fans. I personally was not surprised by how this film did. Had it had wall to wall action I think it still would have made the same amount of money. The majority of fans were not clamoring for a sequel and the majority of film goers probably never saw the original (shame on them :) )

I think the love of the original inspired the director and the studio saw the chance of another film series based on a film that is highly thought of amount the film aficionado community. It worked out great for the director as he got to make his passion project.. Does anyone think the studio would invest the same amount of money if they knew this was going to be the end result in terms of profits?

Studios like to make films that are "director's visions" They just don't like dumping that much money into it unless they think its going to be big.

Studios really prefer to take chances on small films like A Quiet place, and The Sixth Sense.. Little to no investment.. That way if it fails they are not hung out to dry.

I don't think a studio ever goes out in hopes of losing money on a project. They will gamble and sometimes they will lose and sometimes they will win. With BR2049 they lost... If they really had no issues with losing then BR2100 would have been given the green light already.

I think the studio is probably proud of the product but not happy with the returns.

Not by a 97 pound human female, she shouldn't.

You misogynist! Widow is a woman so she can do whatever she wants and not abide by common logic! :cuss

:lol :lol :lol

They do let Hawkeye get away with the same stuff.

You simply make things up not in the movie. :lol

Show me were Widow defeated PM?

All I remember was BW and Okoye needing to be saved from PM by SW because they were getting their asses handed to them by her.

She didn't.

Who cares about the comics within the context of the MCU all the battles were perfectly matched.

Cap’s power level had already been established by him taking on Ultron so of course he came in with the other Avengers to save a wounded Vision and SW doing double duty protecting Vision.

You know Riddick Liked this movie right.. Its just in his nature to go against the flow.. It has got to be exhausting though. :)

Black Widow sort drives me crazy in any of the Avengers movies. I like her fine in IM2 and WS as she is on a more level playing field. Even in Civil War she is at least fighting against Hawkeye and both are obviously pulling punches.

It's the film world we live in today.. Woman can kick ass as well as any man no matter what kind of shape they are in.

Hell look at Atomic Blond. She must weigh about 100 lbs and she is kicking 200lb men down stairways.... But I will say it looked cool and it was well directed so I was able to buy into it and really love the movie..

Its suspension of belief. Obviously with a Comic book film I have to have a lot of it :lol

But you know what.. Its funny how Hollywood's way of making good role models for woman is to have them act more like men. :lol

A movie made by one Disney subsidiary knocks another movie made by another Disney subsidiary out of the top 10 all time box office.
Sounds really ****ing stupid, right? But that's the world we live in now.
And people take sides, for some reason... The ultimate sillyness.

Saw again today. It was better today. It slowed down some and there’s were quite a few things I missed the first time. The emotionality Of Thanos/gamora line was much stronger this time. Also really liked the Star Lord bit more.

My favorite part was still when Thor hits the playing field in Wakanda. One of my favorite cinematic scenes.

Back