Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivan Ooze > All of them

ivan-ooze-gif-2.gif

Ivan ooze is craiglist :lol

A movie made by one Disney subsidiary knocks another movie made by another Disney subsidiary out of the top 10 all time box office.
Sounds really ****ing stupid, right? But that's the world we live in now.
And people take sides, for some reason... The ultimate sillyness.

Yes it is silly.. You need to relax :lol

Nobody is siding with the movie studios.. Personally I liked IW and don't care for TLJ... So I was having some fun :)

Just because they came from the same studio does not make them the same film.

Stop trying to be the cool guy that hates everything that is popular. ;)

Just got back from watching with my dad and two sons and it was probably my favorite Marvel film yet; already have plans to see it next weekend with one of my buddies.
My thoughts:
*the battle scenes were amazing and well choreographed; especially the fight with IM, Dr. Strange, 1/2 the Guardians, and SM.
*I wish the Black Order survived...they were killed off kinda fast considering how powerful they are in the comics. Why the hell didn't Proxima have her spear while fighting BW & Okoye? I get that she was fighting three people, but she wouldn't have gone to the front without her spear!
*Really Star Lord, WTH?
*The GotG added great humor to the movie...especially the dynamic between Star Lord and Thor.
*The scene with Thanos & Gamora for the soul gem was great. I love how the Universe punished Red Skull by making him guard the soul gem because there was nothing he loved.
*Thor was amazing in this film. He isn't one of my favorite MU characters, but he really shined.
*I can already see how they are setting up how to use the Time stone to get rid of the current stars playing Ironman, Black Widow, Hulk/Bruce Banner, & Captain America after Infinity War 2. For the most part, only "old" actors didn't get wiped out (other than Thor).

Black Panther surpassed The Last Jedi. That means IW will knock TLJ out of the top 10 all time highest grossing films.
This made me smile.

Just got back....

8/10.

Overall a fun ride....but really slow in the middle.....some questionable CGI later.

PROS:
Thanos story arc greatly improved over the comics.
Lots of Dr Strange....good addition to the story.
Scarlet Witch was done very well.
Side Villains were interesting and menacing for the most part.

Cons
Hulk, Hulkbuster, Banner all were terrible.
Cap? very underutilized
Hawkeye.....shame on them.
Too much GOTG time

Can someone explain why Ebony Maw beat and captured Dr. Strange, but later Strange puts a hell of a fight against Thanos with the IG? Strange was still badass even though he lost twice, in the same movie. Was he holding back against Maw?

Because Maw > Thanos

He really could be a main villain, but he's no match for Thanos. However, the scene where he is floating around looked straight out of a silver age comic. I really hope he returns. I just don't buy him capturing Strange, especially after you see him fighting against Thanos. He could literally teleport right behind, above or from the ground, grab Maw, and cut him in half by closing the portal. And that's just one way, without using any spells or heavy magic moves. :dunno

Can someone explain why Ebony Maw beat and captured Dr. Strange, but later Strange puts a hell of a fight against Thanos with the IG? Strange was still badass even though he lost twice, in the same movie. Was he holding back against Maw?

Strange was arrogant and he simply underestimated Maw. On the Thanos fight they were better prepared and were acting on a plan.

Just got back from watching with my dad and two sons and it was probably my favorite Marvel film yet; already have plans to see it next weekend with one of my buddies.
My thoughts:
*the battle scenes were amazing and well choreographed; especially the fight with IM, Dr. Strange, 1/2 the Guardians, and SM.
*I wish the Black Order survived...they were killed off kinda fast considering how powerful they are in the comics. Why the hell didn't Proxima have her spear while fighting BW & Okoye? I get that she was fighting three people, but she wouldn't have gone to the front without her spear!
*Really Star Lord, WTH?
*The GotG added great humor to the movie...especially the dynamic between Star Lord and Thor.
*The scene with Thanos & Gamora for the soul gem was great. I love how the Universe punished Red Skull by making him guard the soul gem because there was nothing he loved.
*Thor was amazing in this film. He isn't one of my favorite MU characters, but he really shined.
*I can already see how they are setting up how to use the Time stone to get rid of the current stars playing Ironman, Black Widow, Hulk/Bruce Banner, & Captain America after Infinity War 2. For the most part, only "old" actors didn't get wiped out (other than Thor).

This made me smile.

Just got back....

8/10.

Overall a fun ride....but really slow in the middle.....some questionable CGI later.

PROS:
Thanos story arc greatly improved over the comics.
Lots of Dr Strange....good addition to the story.
Scarlet Witch was done very well.
Side Villains were interesting and menacing for the most part.

Cons
Hulk, Hulkbuster, Banner all were terrible.
Cap? very underutilized
Hawkeye.....shame on them.
Too much GOTG time

Black Order needs there own movie :)

Maybe, arrogance seems to be one of Strange's weaknesses. Also, why not use the mirror dimension trick from the Dr. Strange film?

I think he attempted to use the Mirror Dimension against Thanos. He used it to block one of Thanos' attacks IIRC. He probably didn't use it against Maw because it had the potential to make some magic users stronger?

Yes it is silly.. You need to relax :lol

Nobody is siding with the movie studios.. Personally I liked IW and don't care for TLJ... So I was having some fun :)

Just because they came from the same studio does not make them the same film.

Stop trying to be the cool guy that hates everything that is popular. ;)

:lol :lol :lol

He really could be a main villain, but he's no match for Thanos. However, the scene where he is floating around looked straight out of a silver age comic. I really hope he returns. I just don't buy him capturing Strange, especially after you see him fighting against Thanos. He could literally teleport right behind, above or from the ground, grab Maw, and cut him in half by closing the portal. And that's just one way, without using any spells or heavy magic moves. :dunno

Maybe, arrogance seems to be one of Strange's weaknesses. Also, why not use the mirror dimension trick from the Dr. Strange film?

But DS never once over powered Thanos maybe he irritated him like a mosquito and at best used all his powers mostly for defense including the mirror dimension (did you miss that) but Thanos kept pushing thru and dismantling his attacks.

Yes DS was a beast but he really wasn’t a very successful beast other than his 14 million future vision strategy.

Back